Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

iPhone fanboy starts to cry

Cellinovation

Aug 1, 2009, 8:13 PM
So I had an iphone fanboy in my store with his dad purchasing a case for the phone. He holds up his iPhone and proclaims "this is a real phone!"

I said my touch pro will do everything that will do, and probably better.

He laughed, i surfed the web and began to watch a movie on Hulu. He started to get angry. Then to add insult to injury, I removed my batter and asked him what size battery he had. So he proceeded to take off his gel case, and was unable to take it out to show me.

I set my phone, battery out on the counter, as he sulked and stared at it for about a minute, and said "how much are those?"

Like 4 other people started laughing at him.

Mission accomplished!
ATnT Nokia

Aug 3, 2009, 12:44 PM
iPhone fanboys are so lost in the fog that we need AT&T's crappy network to break them free of Apple's grasp... 😳
Drunk

Aug 3, 2009, 12:50 PM
I don't know what you said, but I'm glad you made an iphone fanboy cry, I'm glad they cried in the midst of all those other fanboys in total humiliation!
Debo

Aug 4, 2009, 5:42 PM
What did you do to get hulu to work on your touch pro? Pressuming that you had to do anything other than visiting the site. I tried it on the Dash 3G with and without skyfire (for the flash-lite) and neither way worked.
Thanks for your help.
Cellinovation

Aug 4, 2009, 7:42 PM
I installed Skyfire (non-turbo) in it and it was up and running with no issues.
BIG_ERN23

Aug 4, 2009, 5:51 PM
iphone is most advanced easy to use phone ever. period. thats what makes is so popular.
Cellinovation

Aug 4, 2009, 7:42 PM
And exactly the reason they shelf its usability by placing a non-replaceable battery. Lithium Ion looses 20% battery charge capacity per year even in storage. So its not even an option.

BTW most advanced and easy to use should never be used in the same sentance. HTC Touch Pro is by far one of the most powerful devices on the market (even though we all know winmo has its quirks) I can make my pro do anything the iphone will do (with the exception of getting GSM and international roaming)
BIG_ERN23

Aug 4, 2009, 7:47 PM
accelorometer much?
Cellinovation

Aug 4, 2009, 7:49 PM
What do you think the Gyro is in the touch pro, every app Ive seen for the iPhone that takes advantage of it, can be duplicated with a gyro
BIG_ERN23

Aug 4, 2009, 8:40 PM
gyro is a FLOP and so are microsoft phones.
Cellinovation

Aug 7, 2009, 10:04 AM
Wow really.
That was all you have come up with?
lilyofthenorth

Aug 5, 2009, 7:47 AM
I think we have ourselves another fanboy here lol.
Gadget Junky

Aug 4, 2009, 8:04 PM
I love crushing the iPhone with the Touch Pro. I can't wait to do it with the Touch Pro 2!
Cellinovation

Aug 4, 2009, 8:28 PM
WOOOHOOO! 😁
Crapbag

Aug 4, 2009, 10:00 PM
Funny that you mentioned the battery. Having a winmo phone I'm sure you've had to remove that battery multiple times in the last week alone. 🙄

Either way, I call BS on this story. No one cares that a battery can/can't be removed. Within two years the Iphone Fan Boy will be purchasing a newer better Iphone and the soon to be limited life on his Lithium Ion battery won't matter.

How many batteries do you sell? The only battery I've ever consistently sold was for the V3. The battery argument is retarded because the second someone finds out you want $60 for a new battery they upgrade.
matonater

Aug 5, 2009, 9:22 AM
exactly
WZ_agent

Aug 5, 2009, 6:08 PM
i actually sell quite a few batteries for people who happen to like their phone. not everyone wants to upgrade a phone.
Cellinovation

Aug 7, 2009, 10:08 AM
Really thats interesting. Have you ever had a cell phone battery stop working on you at month 14? Would you care that you had to buy a new battery, buy a new phone, or use someone elses used crap to get by till the end of your contract? Your assumption is based on the mis-information that your customer will treat the batteries properly by not allowing them to ever die, and do nothing to kill the life expectancy or the charge capacity of the battery withing a 20 Month Period. Get real. Almost everyone does something to destroy their own batteries. By the time they know, its not in warantee.
matonater

Aug 5, 2009, 9:24 AM
my phone is like the iphone and the black berry hooked up on new years and had a love child and named him the palm pre
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 11:31 AM
Lets see your Touch Pro sync with Itunes. 🙄

Lets see how many free quality apps are available for your touch pro. Sure it could do the stuff the Iphone does, but do people develop for it on the same level? No. I'm aware of what winmo offers and it's nowhere near the app level of Itunes. Maybe they should pay developers better.

Sure your Winmo device can run multiple programs at once unlike the Iphone, however once you've got two or more running your phone craps out and you're pulling that battery out to restart it. At least the iphone shuts down applications when you leave them rather than letting them leach memory in the background for weeks if you don't remember to go into the program manager and shut them down.

(continues)
Radbard

Aug 5, 2009, 12:58 PM
I have to agree with a few of your points. I had a samsung omnia for a couple of months and I hate winmo. It's painfully obvious ms did little to improve it for touch. I am excited for winmo 6.5 and 7. I think things will become interesting when they come out. I now have a bb curve but I'm VERY interested in the palm pre. I haven't had any hands on experience with it though. Since the nearest sprint store is like 7 hours away I'll have to wait for VZW to get it in Q1 2010.
BIG_ERN23

Aug 5, 2009, 2:26 PM
iphone > life. nuff said.
WZ_agent

Aug 5, 2009, 6:12 PM
ive had the omnia woth over 100 apps for free on it, including shell and apps designed for HTC phones. ive never had to pull my battery. im not saying winmo doesnt have issues, but not as many as people try to put on it.
PING_GOLF

Aug 5, 2009, 2:30 PM
write it down 😈
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 2:38 PM
With what? A shaky winmo base? I doubt it. It's like buying a high end sniper rifle and using cheap walmart Bushnell rings, scope and mount. 🙄

Also, for how long? Till June when the next Iphone comes out? In order to "Take it out" it would have to beat it in sales. Unless they start it out at $200, it won't have a prayers chance in hell relying on a snowball for support.
WZ_agent

Aug 5, 2009, 6:13 PM
well, based on that, the curve has already "taken the iphone out"
Cellinovation

Aug 7, 2009, 9:58 AM
No, no iPhone envy here. I will be the first to admit the iPhone is a very cool device.
iPhone fanboys however, are the first people to start doing stuff like "look at this, now this is a phone".

And FYI there are options available to make all your applications close on exit with WinMo.
Most people can't handle WinMo devices because they are too much phone. Same reason why most people have trouble with windows on their PC.
I have been using windows mobile for about 4 years now, and love the operating system. I do have to physically pull my battery once a month. But if you don't install and store everything to the phone, but instead use a memory card, as the device was intended a simple daily restart is all that has been requi...
(continues)
eljeffe666

Aug 5, 2009, 3:16 PM
Crapbag

Aug 5, 2009, 3:20 PM
One, who leaves an iphone sitting on the seat of their honda unattended. Sounds like a fast way to lose your iphone.

Two, looks like Iphones and dogs have something in comon. You should rolldown the window for them on hot days.
WZ_agent

Aug 5, 2009, 6:14 PM
or they will blow up and kill you! jk
Cellinovation

Aug 7, 2009, 10:02 AM
WOW! That could happen with any phone really due to the unstable nature of the Lithium Ion batteries inside. The battery must have had a major flaw in the manufacturing process.

jeeesh!
SneakyRebelNinja

Aug 5, 2009, 7:22 PM
You, my friend, are a god.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.