Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Samsung Rewards 2009?

Redwine

Jul 30, 2009, 4:34 PM
Alright, I have searched around for this info and I am quite sure they are not doing the Samsung Rewards program again this year, or probally ever again, but I just figured I would ask if anyone has some other information. I just got an e-mail for their training and it made me think about it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
MrGoofball

Jul 30, 2009, 6:03 PM
God I hope not listening to all of you whine and not have the common sense to just keep with 1 thread about it instead flooding this forum with 890423906490237490237890724 and a half different threads was bad enough once. Don't need to do it again.
jeffatt

Jul 30, 2009, 6:29 PM
MrGoofball, do you know what Samsung Rewards is/was?
MrGoofball

Jul 31, 2009, 9:40 AM
Yes it was a rewards program by Samsung where store reps earned points by selling samsung phones which they could redeem for various items. However many took advantage of the system and ran fake imei's etc to run up an insane amount of points and get multiple high dollar items for free like Flat Screen TV's. So Samsung suspended the program then made people show proof of sales, ie signed contracts the receipts etc, in order to get credit for sales. Samsung then sent out gift cards for monetary value for the points reps earned.
However this series events caused a cubic crapton of whining on this forum. Whining when they suspended the program, whining when people had to provide proof on sales, whining when it took samsung awhile to send...
(continues)
w1ndex

Jul 31, 2009, 2:03 PM
MrGoofball.. has it ever occurred to you that possibly Redwine is new to the PS forums and was not aware of all of the previous threads? Or do you really expect everyone to do a forum search on every single topic from the past 5 years to make sure no one has already posted about it. He was seeking NEW information..not an old thread that was last updated months and months ago.

And to be honest I've have been curious about Samsung Rewards as well. After all, doesn't like free money?
MrGoofball

Jul 31, 2009, 2:07 PM
Well Since the op asked if they were doing samsung rewards this year, and I responded god i hope not, then next poster asked if I knew what it was so I broke down the history of it last year. What exactly is the purpose of your post? Who cares if he's new? I just said I hope they don't do it again and then the other guy asked if I knew what it was so I broke it down.
w1ndex

Jul 31, 2009, 2:25 PM
My point was just that you shouldn't bite someones head off for asking a question that was previously asked. If he is new to this site, then most likely he's not aware that a topic has been heavily discussed in the past. It's really no big deal. Just ignore posts that bother you..that way everyone is happy. 😁
HenaT

Aug 1, 2009, 1:30 PM
I never got to experience Samsung Rewards. Started working right after it was stopped. My co-worker however who happens to be my partner, won all kinds of stuff. Hopefully they find a way to bring it back, but in a way that people wont be able to "steal" sales, or input wrong IMEI's. Would be nice.
jeffatt

Jul 31, 2009, 5:14 PM
Just making sure you knew. The reason that this place got "flooded" was because there was not much public information at all on Samsung Rewards. They changed and altered (and eventually closed) the program several times and each time they provided little-to-no information about the changes and what little information they DID provide was always made available after the fact, not before. What made it worse was as the program was winding down, there was no information given out on who to contact for various issues like balances, verifications, etc.

This was the best place people had, myself included, to share experience, best practices, and contact information for people at Samsung. In fact, I had been using PhoneScoop for quite some time b...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.