Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

watching people steal....

getsome

Jul 8, 2009, 11:12 AM
so...

if we suspect someone stealing we cannot go up to them and say "hey, wanna take that outta yer pocket?"...we are just supposed to ask them if they need help ringing it out and if you know for sure they are stealing you cannot imply it even if they say "NO i don't have anything".

Well, i just watched 3 teens steal. Car chargers and gels put into their pockets. I do the "do you need help...blah" and they say no. I offer chargers and gels and all they do is laugh...right when they walk out the store he blatently pulls it out of his pockets and gets into his car...plate recorded and sent to cops.

I hate people....all of them, well except you guys but the rest...diaf
PhonemanJ

Jul 8, 2009, 11:17 AM
You did the right thing. True, we all hate to see merchandise walk out the door. However, there is nothing in my store that I would want to get hurt or worse over. I have had a guy pull a gun on me in a store, and it is no fun. I was working for the Shack and the guy wanted a camcorder. I got him one and he pulled the gun and said "don't be a hero". I let him go and then called the cops and let them do their job. I was not going to get shot over a $1400 piece of equipment.
Tmo Slave

Jul 8, 2009, 4:48 PM
Yeah its a bummer when you can't smash them in the face. Especially when its a repeat offender and you know he is going to steal something. This kid use to come in with his little friends. One would ask a rep about a certain phone while the other stole that phone. They took a sidekick and G1 like that. As much as our entire store wanted to kill him we couldn't.
Ask The Shack

Jul 9, 2009, 8:13 AM
Are you retarded?

Trespass him. That way, if he shows up to the store, beat his ass, and hold him with Shopkeepers Privlage, until the cops come, then have him hauled off.

Say he said he's going to kill you, or something of that nature so you can hit him with terroristic threats also.
Enamored777

Jul 9, 2009, 1:50 PM
next time lay an empty fifth of vokda on the top of the trash can next to his car and tell the cops he'd been boozin' it. two counts are better than one 😈
jazzybaby

Jul 8, 2009, 4:54 PM
what do you mean "gels"?
getsome

Jul 8, 2009, 5:53 PM
ya know "hair" gel

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.