Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Question about txt messaging, my store is stumped, please help.

The Hammer

Jun 20, 2009, 11:40 AM
We just had a customer come in, and whenever his daughter sends a txt to anyone, it copys and sends one to him. has anyone ever encountered this before? he doesnt want it, she doesnt want it (of course.) does anyone have any ideas on what this could be?
IrishCarBomb

Jun 20, 2009, 11:45 AM
Seriously? That is epic awesome! Maybe he set some parent control that does this somewhere on his account?

Or his daughter(I am betting this one) was messing with her phone in ways she shouldn't have, and set his number to be CC'd on all sms... although not really sure how or where you would do that.

Maybe you could provide more info, like carrier, phone make and model?
The Hammer

Jun 20, 2009, 11:48 AM
both are on verizon, seperate accounts so i dont think its a control thing, i know the daughter and she doesnt seem like the type to mess with stuff, shes 17 i think, so not a stupid kid anymore. i dont know the phone model or anything though
Menno

Jun 20, 2009, 12:08 PM
I just went through the default settings on a verizon phone (EnV2) there is no CC option that I can find that you can set to auto-complete.

Is she using some form a smartphone (blackberry, WM, Palm) I could see one of those having the option.

Honestly, I would call tech support and have them look at the network settings. I don't know what would cause this, but I dont see anything in verizon's UI that would do it.
The Hammer

Jun 20, 2009, 12:11 PM
i believe she is on a standard phone, i cant even find a auto-cc option on my blackberry either. unfortunately, i don't have access to her account info, or i would contact tech. i was just hoping someone on here might have an idea.
SprintBGN

Jun 20, 2009, 1:51 PM
might be a programming issue...reprogram both phones
The Hammer

Jun 20, 2009, 2:25 PM
we're trying to get her in store to work with her phone, i dont think the dad has told her yet, because when we asked if he could have her come in the store he said no... im just boggled by this.
Drayton30

Jun 20, 2009, 3:03 PM
He might be embarrased and doesnt want his daughter to know he's seen her sexting!
NEPats726420

Jun 20, 2009, 3:12 PM
🤣 🤣
The Hammer

Jun 20, 2009, 3:31 PM
i think you're right... that would be embarrasing
foneguy

Jun 25, 2009, 8:28 AM
So...because she's 17, she's not a stupid kid anymore? 🤣

Ok, now, down to business. Phone model would be appreciated, however, there may be a way to fix this. I sounds like it may be something simple, so here's my take:

She's not doing it by "accident". Either she's sending to everyone in her phonebook, and repeating the same behavior with a simple "Reply All", or she's using an advanced device (Windows Mobile, Blackberry, or Palm, with a program that allows the entire phone book to recieve any text messages, and doesn't realize that she's been doing that. Easiest way to check would be to verifiy usage over the last month. If there is an abnormal amount of messaging, this is likely the cluprit, doubly so if the messages are t...
(continues)
The Hammer

Jun 24, 2009, 5:02 PM
anyone have any thoughts?
Drunk

Jun 24, 2009, 5:08 PM
Here are my thoughts...
"The Hammer"
"The Hebrew Hammer"
nuff said 😎
The Hammer

Jun 24, 2009, 6:45 PM
if only i was jewish.... ☹️
Drunk

Jun 24, 2009, 6:50 PM
What you should have said is, "if only I were a rich man da da da da da da de da didle di"

Now that's as Jewish as it gets
mist668

Jun 24, 2009, 5:18 PM
Sounds like somehow she has managed to lock him in as a multiple contact.
Drunk

Jun 24, 2009, 5:51 PM
*Downloads iphone OS to new phone.... then walks away*
geminiwireless.com

Jun 25, 2009, 12:32 PM
I suggest doing a feature reset on the daughters phone. Most phones have a reset to default feature.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.