Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

Holiday Calls

Tmo Slave

May 25, 2009, 11:58 AM
I just love these national holidays. And I love the fact that 80% of my phone calls go like this:

Me: Thank you for calling T-mobile how can I help you?

Stupid Customer: You guys open today?

(What I feet like say): Yes were are open you MFing oblivious excuse for a human being. What did you think I just sit here in a closed store just so I can answer your phone call to let you know we are closed.

It just pisses me off because obviously we are open or I wouldn't have answered the phone. A smart person would call and ask what our holiday hours are today because they would have already figured out we were open.
👿 👿
/endrant
IrishCarBomb

May 25, 2009, 12:01 PM
I feel the exact same! I have people walking up to my kiosk asking me, so are you open today? I just want to say "No, I just felt like coming in and hanging out in uniform on a beautiful Memorial Day because I am that lame."
getsome

May 25, 2009, 2:43 PM
we are the only stupid ass people open in my town. stupid.
Marckoe

May 26, 2009, 10:25 AM
>.> does that mean that there were intelligent people open somewhere in your town?
IrishCarBomb

May 25, 2009, 2:30 PM
I just had some lady call and asked me if I was open today! I told her "I wouldn't answer the phone if I was closed." She just sat there in silence for a second, I asked if she had any other questions and she said "no" and hung up.
Drayton30

May 25, 2009, 2:51 PM
I know a majority of the customers are mentally challenged, but I think this is a bit of a stretch.

What differance does it make how they ask if you're open on a holiday? Should they just hang up when someone answers the phone because you're "obviously open."

Some of you guys need to realize that the customers stupidity can work to your advantage. They can quite easily be lead like the sheep that they are.
IrishCarBomb

May 25, 2009, 2:59 PM
🙄 They could ask what my hours are? I have people literally walking up to my kiosk and asking if I am open... I have all my lights on, an open sign out, and am asking them how they are doing and what can I do for you today, and they respond "are you open?"

Yes, there stupidity can work in my favor, I am not some amateur... but I also don't take advantage of people as you seem to be advocating. Obviously it is a bit of a stretch to say your opinion is of trustworthy weight.
Drayton30

May 25, 2009, 3:13 PM
I was referring to the phone calls from the initial post. Yes, asking somebody that they can physically see is working if they are open is retarded.

And no I am NOT advocating unethical practices. I'm just saying that with the proper questions you can avoid a great deal of the headaches involved with customer service.

People need to realize that the customer is coming to you because you're the expert. If they already knew everything they would do it themselves (in theory).
IrishCarBomb

May 25, 2009, 3:20 PM
And as stated in the original post, a smart person would ask what our hours are, not if we are open today. And to add to that list, if they were to say I was just calling to see if you were open would be smart and acceptable as well. But just asking, so are you open today? That is just as dumb as walking up to me and asking it, in my opinion.

And it doesn't take any expertise to advise a customer that if I answer the phone I am open. You get 20 of those phone calls, it gets rather annoying to say the least.
NEPats726420

May 26, 2009, 4:02 PM
CUSTOMERS DO KNOW EVERYTHING.....JUST ASK THEM
Menno

May 26, 2009, 9:32 AM
The best part about this is that when your lights are off and the closed sign is in your window, they assume that you are open because you are in the store/in the process of locking the doors.
ollywolf

May 25, 2009, 2:51 PM
People are just so fing stupid today 👿
Tomdg07

May 25, 2009, 8:15 PM
now imaging getting a call in tech support from a cus care agent with that same question... 😳 theres always a dumb@$$ in any large bunch of people, they higher on average 20-30 new cus service reps a week in my center
NEPats726420

May 26, 2009, 4:04 PM
maybe they should be qualifying there applicants a little better then, lol

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.