Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

Southern People

Tmo Slave

May 14, 2009, 1:14 PM
I would hate to think that everyone talked like my last customer who was from Georgia. She was speaking English but I could barely understand what she was saying. She spoke very slowly with a horrible drawl and southern accent. It made her sound uneducated and from a foreign country.

Is that just the hillbilly part of the south or is that the norm?
Debo

May 14, 2009, 1:26 PM
Speaking as someone from Buffalo, NY who moved to SC. A drawl that bad is not the norm. I normaly don't have too much trouble understanding my customers (though, I may think very loudly "TALK FASTER!!!!!" 👿 ).

And a strong drawl is like any strong accent, it can make a person sound like a utter moron.
PhonemanJ

May 14, 2009, 1:30 PM
I have lived in the South all of my life. However, Southern accents are different through the Southern states. I have found that the farther East you go, the longer the drawl. People from Georgia and the Carolinas have a much longer drawl than people from Arkansas or Texas, which has more of a twang than a drawl. Of course, this is the opposite of Northern states. The farther east you go up north, the faster people talk, and have accents of their own.
lowtechlou

May 14, 2009, 2:12 PM
i could understand my last customer, till he bent over and farted, and didnt even say excuse me..............dude c'mon wtf????
Em3rnce

May 14, 2009, 3:50 PM
I would like to think that we're not all uneducated and stupid.. 🤭

Born and raised in East Tennessee until 2 years ago. 😉

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.