Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

I don't understand... (kinda long)

TrappedAtWork

May 8, 2009, 1:16 PM
So the store I work at used to offer to call in customers bill payments for them when they wanted to pay with check or credit. So we have alot of customers that come in to pay their bills that way...No problem. Most of them I'm familiar with now and have absolutely no problem helping them out, but I always give them the information to do it themselves.

When a custy comes in to pay a bill that I am not familiar with, tell them that I can take their payment in cash and there is a $3 fee. Most of the time they say ok and pay it or they throw a fit (you know how it goes).

NOT TODAY!!

This guy says "I came in here cause last time the guy did it for me over the phone. I used to do it myself but figured it was easier to make you do it" ...
(continues)
amylynn

May 8, 2009, 1:37 PM
That is a tad bit confusing behavior...
Em3rnce

May 8, 2009, 1:45 PM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

I dont even offer to call it in for them. I know it would be nice to do that, but they already spent the gas and time to get to our store, so why do something they can do themselves..

Totally agree.
Menno

May 8, 2009, 2:01 PM
We don't call for them, simply because if there is an issue with the payment they will blame us and there is no paper trail for us to figure out what went wrong.

I do tell customers about the phone pay option though... the 3 dollar fee really nets us nothing, especially if by them paying online they have a positive impression of our stores (a lot of customers think we are here to drain every penny from them)
TrappedAtWork

May 8, 2009, 3:02 PM
I actually had a customers payment not post once, they came in two months later all PO'ed saying customer service said we were responsible for the bill since we didn't post it. I told them that would be true if we had taken the payment, but I simply assisted them with the payment and unless they could come up with a bank statement showing our store was paid then they were responsible for the bill. He said "no you did it over the phone", and I asked him why he didn't think it was odd that his checking account had an extra $300 in it. All he could say was he doesn't balance his account, he just spends what's the ATM says he has. Our account manager agreed with us completely and his girlfriend thought he was an idiot for thinking we would pay h...
(continues)
frontncenter

May 8, 2009, 3:36 PM
"I don't know how the money got there! Just pay me dammit!" 👿
BLEDSOE

May 9, 2009, 3:50 PM
i had a similar situation...except there was apparently not enough money in the customers account to pay the bill. All the customer kept saying was" You gave me a confirmation # so that means it is paid."

I had to explain over and over again that it means the bill is paid as long as there is enough money in the account to cover the transaction. If there is not....then you will get messages or calls saying that the payment failed to go thru.

The customer insisted that there was MORE than enough $$$ in the account of course. So i said feel free to attempt the payment again. and he was too afraid they would charge him twice. lol..........grrrrr 👿

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.