Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 8 replies

Translation Please

inner_pyro

May 3, 2009, 4:36 PM
Scenario:
Customer comes in and starts rambling in spanish. I'll say I can't speak or "Fully understand spanish" unless they talk really really slow.

Customer:
Really really really fast speaking spanish

Me:
"no se hablar espanole" ๐Ÿคจ
tring to make it apparent that I don't speak spanish

Customer:
stops for a min...the starts to talk really really really fast in spanish about there phone messing up

Me:
again "no se hablar espanole" ๐Ÿคจ

Customer:
"Por Que" ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
Why

Me:
and I actually cant believe i said this but,
"Because I was born here" ๐Ÿคจ

Customer:
Looks at me and walks to the phones and looks at me and starts asking about the phones...in spanish

Me:
๐Ÿ˜ข "..."
inner_pyro

May 3, 2009, 4:38 PM
Does anyone else get these type of customers?
Decept.ICON

May 4, 2009, 10:37 AM
look a little spanish in your grav. They probably thought you were kidding you said you didn't know how to speak Spanish...
Em3rnce

May 4, 2009, 11:53 AM
I had a couple come in a few weeks ago who spoke nothing but german.. that was pretty interesting.. ๐Ÿ˜•

Too bad I took french in High School lol
lowtechlou

May 4, 2009, 2:12 PM
MAGINOT LINE

JE DETESTE LA FRANCE!
Cervantez

May 4, 2009, 2:15 PM
the customer learn English. That resolves a lot of issues.
Menno

May 4, 2009, 2:41 PM
When I was in Highschool, I worked at a Grocery store as a Cashier. I also took spanish, so I knew a little bit, but I learned rather quickly to pretend I didn't understand anything.

Because as soon as you hinted you had a basic understanding, they would start into a rapid fire spanish I didn't have a prayer at understanding.
inner_pyro

May 4, 2009, 5:36 PM
same here i know enough to make a payment and or a sale not much more than that. I have made the mistake of telling or saying that i speak very very very little spanish. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
PhonemanJ

May 5, 2009, 2:21 PM
I found that when I was asked if I spoke Spanish, if I said "poquito" (a little in Spanish) that you could almost see the customer wind up and speak about 190 MPH. I might catch ever third or fourth word. However, if I say "a little" in English, the customer will try to speak in English, or if he or she went into Spanish it would be at a slower pace.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.