Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

one thing i have noticed about shoptalk

GraGG

Apr 28, 2009, 5:22 PM
why is it that we (cellphone workers) all write about stupid customers when we know there is no such thing as intelligent ones?

i wanna start writing in this forum about fairy's and unicorns
mellowlen62

Apr 28, 2009, 5:25 PM
...well...be careful when you go to see your doctor or lawyer or hairstylist - whatever - because they all feel the same way about YOU. It's just life. Most people don't do your job so they appear to be "stupid" but in reality, everyone is stupid. 😁
wizardofCroz

Apr 28, 2009, 5:34 PM
I don't harass my doctor and demand a credit if the antibiotic didn't work.
mellowlen62

Apr 28, 2009, 5:49 PM
Haha. I get it. But although it may seem that way, you can't call ALL customers stupid. And truly every profession in which I've worked "talks about" their ignorant customers. That's all I was trying to say.
Researcher

Apr 28, 2009, 6:02 PM
I hear you. I have worked in other customer service and retail positions plus friends and some family members are in retail. One for Walmart.

We all share stories of really stupid customers who want what they can not have. They complain and gripe.

So are we all that way? You ask the customers we complain about and they will tell you they are justified.
GraGG

Apr 28, 2009, 6:09 PM
i had alot of retail jobs and customer service jobs before i worked for att, and ill tell you now, i have no faith in humanity after
mellowlen62

Apr 29, 2009, 8:33 PM
I'm with you. Many people are ignorant, selfish, obnoxious bores. They have no clue what "do unto others..." means. It's sad to treat any person - service or otherwise - with disrespect.
Researcher

May 1, 2009, 12:57 PM
find another line of work.
Menno

Apr 30, 2009, 4:01 PM
But the difference is, if I am talking to a doctor, or a plumber, etc and they tell me something is wrong, I tend to believe them because it's their job to understand these things.

as a Cell sales rep, most customers seem to walk into the store assuming we're stupid and know nothing about how the company works.
ac4321

Apr 28, 2009, 9:04 PM
I've never acted like how a lot of customers act, even before I had a job or any work experience. Shockingly, my parents taught me how to act in public, treat people with respect, and take personal responsibility.
GraGG

Apr 28, 2009, 9:05 PM
agreed, and these are great stories, this job just shoves the general public's ignorance in your face daly
cilvzwagent

Apr 30, 2009, 6:06 PM
I worked graveyards at the local hospital doing ER registration. I thought I'd seen all the Kooks then.....Until I entered the wireless industry...... 😲

My part time girl use to bartend.......she agrees... we hear worse stories than she ever did as a bartender...
CAS8586

Apr 29, 2009, 7:36 PM
We as an employee to the retail business, we are here to educate our customers. The education on a consumer when they walk through our doors, is a rate of a 3rd grader when they come in. But that gives us an advantage to Fu&% them!
WorldSoCold

May 1, 2009, 1:03 PM
around here apparently the people who live here are typical retard rednecks because they will believe anything a walmart employee says over anything we have actually been trained on.

i dont get it. we are trained by our corp. stores and walmart employees arent trained on anything. all they know is the phone, the price, and that they have a no cell phone return policy.

but yet they know more than us.....rrriiiiigggghhhhtttt.. ...i hate ignorant rednecks.
kentbrockman

May 1, 2009, 1:18 PM
I think we should find and eliminate whoever coined the phrase " the customer is always right"
Dr. Gonzo

May 1, 2009, 2:08 PM
Burn him at the stake! or stone with big freakin rocks! 😈
OfAMightDivine

May 1, 2009, 2:38 PM
I always tell my new hire reps that "The business that came up with the slogan 'The customer is always right' went out of business 3 weeks after they made it public."
MrGoofball

May 1, 2009, 4:48 PM
Uh wasn't that Montgomery Wards like sometime in the 30's-50's ish?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.