Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 49 replies

Stupid Customer Service

CAS8586

Apr 30, 2009, 3:54 PM
Have you ever called customer service to help out your customers bill and they tried to sell them a phone?

-Customer came in inquiring about getting a new phone and fixing there bill. They were interested in a certain phone our store was selling. After getting the bill fixed, Customer service had the nerve To pull out his little sales speal and ask him how much was our store selling the phone and told him that he can give it to him for free, and I was price quoting him $100 after rebate before hand. Good thing I was on speaker phone, soo I quickly took it off of speaker phone and spoke too this fool. Got his Name and is agent I.d and told him to play with him self and hung up...Is it eligle to discuss prices with our customer, although th...
(continues)
GraGG

Apr 30, 2009, 4:00 PM
they are always tryn to cackblock us, i hate those fools, i only have em on speaker just so i can keep them in check
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 4:01 PM
It's only business guys. Don't like it? Find a better deal to give.
GraGG

Apr 30, 2009, 4:03 PM
yeah, but it is kinda shady to have someone who dosent bet paid commission try to undercut you in your own store
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 4:06 PM
You have no idea how that person is getting paid. They may, or may not be commissioned.
GraGG

Apr 30, 2009, 4:22 PM
yea i do, no commish
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 4:37 PM
VZW also uses I believe 10 or 11 Vendor sites. Some of those pay on commission.

Also, sometimes they hold contests for contacts where the more customers that get signed up on a contract, you get a bonus (IE, commission)

Also, VZW does from time to time switch their agent's que around and puts reps skilled for one department into a different one.

So, again, you do not know how that rep is being paid.
GraGG

Apr 30, 2009, 4:38 PM
ok, well i just dont like someone undercutting me... plain and simple
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 4:43 PM
That's too bad, but that's also how it works in a Capitalist economy. The only thing that matters is the bottom dollar amount, and no one cares how it's gotten.

Do you think anyone cares if you get undercut? No one likes to get a sale taken away, but you'll survive.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 4:51 PM
What does that have to do with anything?
CAS8586

Apr 30, 2009, 5:20 PM
I dont understand why are you backing up the people that undertakes the true sales man?..anyone can sell somthing expensive for free....it takes a true salesman to collect a right amount for the product...

But it seems like you "undercut" people, thats why you dont understand the decency when someones trying to make money and some person comes over the top for nothing...or maybe its cuz your not a salesman...watever
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 5:35 PM
'True Salesman'

Heh. Good one.

Here's the thing... you work for a business.

That business wants nothing more than to get new lines of service, and new contracts. That is all. They don't care about decency or any of that 'feel good' jargon. They give the rep a better deal because it's cheaper for them to do so, than to pay out for you in a store. They then tell the rep his/her wages are based off their quality, and if they don't do what and how they say, the exact way the business wants it done, then they won't have a job.

If you're going to bitch because someone else just doing their job hooked a sale from you, then that is just too bad.

Learn to be a better salesman if you can't cut the cost of your merchandise. It's t...
(continues)
CAS8586

Apr 30, 2009, 7:58 PM
I think you are missing the point here..

Off the record, I sold the phone to this person even though they knew they could get it for free..soo dont underestimate my sales ability...I'll out sale you anyday..

I aint bitchen about anything..I know the sales industry is all about competition. But when you are undermining the situation to butt into someone else's sale...For what reason? Arn't we suppose to be on the same team? Its bad business...Especially, when you price quote a customer, then all of a sudden, your rep tells something differnt...thats makes you look stupid and your company.. Your job as a CS employee is to CS!!!
ccareatatt

Apr 30, 2009, 8:41 PM
Did you start off the call that you were a sales agent or did you just have the customer call in? At AT&T we have something called a Next Best Action tab that we are required to offer or else we get marked down on quality unless at the beginning of the call the caller identified themselves as an Agent at a store location. Some of the new offers have been phone offers lately. I get your point CS isnt sales we dont get commission off phones; but if we get great quality calls we get extra cash on the paycheck.
CAS8586

May 2, 2009, 12:35 PM
Its verizon....I called as a sales agent and I gave him my agent I.d...everytime i call CS..I always say, I am speaking behalf of my customer...
ccareatatt

May 2, 2009, 7:11 PM
what the heck then... id be ticked too. people are rude.
thedish8204

May 5, 2009, 11:38 AM
Listen people - they are just doing their job. Maybe instead of putting blame on Cust Serv try talking to someone who can make a difference and maybe put a new policy in place. Where I work sales agents have their own hotline so that they still get commissioned - they never have to call care. But the point is I understand, I would be frustrated too. But don't get mad at the Care rep - they are just doing what is expected of them.
ccareatatt

May 8, 2009, 10:55 AM
Well at least at my company if its an agent call we dont offer Next Best Action... why would we? Its like walking to a managers desk and say.. WE have unlimited data and text for one line for 30.00 a month.. do you want to add it? LOL its pointless.
d3ity

May 13, 2009, 12:44 PM
Great reason not to rely on you customer service people.

I will refuse to put a customer on the phone with you for this reason. Some reps don't like this. Deal with it.
CAS8586

Apr 30, 2009, 4:29 PM
It looks like you dont mind if other people is taking your money...I know for a FACT, that if this situation happen to you...you wouldnt have a smile on your face...
wizardofCroz

Apr 30, 2009, 4:06 PM
The best is when they are trying to port their number and have to call CS to get their account number. The rep always acts shady and asks 5 thousand questions as to why they need their account number. And god forbid the custy actually tell them, they transfer over to retention just quick enough for me to say thanks and goodbye.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 30, 2009, 4:07 PM
They're required to do that. Don't hate on a person because they're trying to do their job.
wizardofCroz

Apr 30, 2009, 4:12 PM
No hate involved. Once i get the account number that little red button on my phone does all the work for me.
GraGG

Apr 30, 2009, 4:23 PM
next time just say your the custy and you need the account number to write on a check for payment 😉
wizardofCroz

Apr 30, 2009, 4:47 PM
Don't know about that one, I would feel a little creeped out if I went into a store and someone pretended to be me. Just my opinion
GraGG

Apr 30, 2009, 4:51 PM
i tell them that i can get the info without them worryin about talkin to anyone else, i can handle it all for them, works everytime
ccareatatt

Apr 30, 2009, 8:42 PM
I always give it first ... then ask are you happy with the service.. just for quality purposes.
Chaotix86

May 11, 2009, 11:01 PM
Hell, as long as the agent is willing to VID the account and provide me with their agent code (providing it isn't an authorized dealer in which case I need to speak to the customer first) the agents I speak to can pretty much handle whatever needs to be handled in the account with me. Thats BEUC. At AT&T.

(oh god... 🤣 )
thedish8204

May 5, 2009, 11:14 AM
They do it because they are told to. They have their own goals to meet and that is quite possibly one of the requirements to pass the call. So don't take it personally - everyone is just doing their job.
Chaotix86

May 11, 2009, 11:12 PM
Don't know where most of this is coming from. My quality requirements have never included matching or besting an offer from an agent in a store. In fact, for the most part I tell every customer it is relevant to that the store is probably going to provide them with the best deal aside from ordering online (which not alot of people are comfortable with since they don't get the phone that day).
Mafdet

Jul 1, 2009, 11:35 PM
well there are some cust. service reps that do get comission and THEY HAVE TO SALE ON EVERYCALL OR AT LEAST OFFER OR THEIR JOB IS ON THE LINE!!!DON'T THINK YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES WITH COMISSION!!!
Juanbyjuan

Apr 30, 2009, 4:30 PM
We just like to help. Would you buy something at a cheaper price?
lowtechlou

May 1, 2009, 9:45 AM
WHAT IS THAT???
Juanbyjuan

May 1, 2009, 5:14 PM
forgot an s*
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 30, 2009, 5:20 PM
*YOU* call customer care yourself and you never, ever, let them talk to the customer.
wizardofCroz

Apr 30, 2009, 5:23 PM
Here's the problem with that...

Last time I called CS on behalf of the customer, the rep asked to speak to the customer, they said it's for security purposes and something they just started doing. Apparently the last 4 of SSN wasn't good enough.

BS I know. Should have acted like the customer, I know. But CS gets pretty shady sometimes, and if they don't get their sales pitch in, they're less likely to help.
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 30, 2009, 5:54 PM
Some providors do that if the person has credit blocks... I kind of react on the fly so hard to give you an answer but the objective is you don't let them get into a lengthy conversation.
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 30, 2009, 5:55 PM
is that this guy was using speaker phone and the customer was 100% involved for just a bill issue
Chaotix86

May 11, 2009, 11:15 PM
The only time I am required to circumvent the agent calling in and speak to a representative is at an independant retailer (non COR store). Aside from that it's just the last 4 SSN or whatever password happens to be in place.
cilvzwagent

Apr 30, 2009, 5:57 PM
Customer came in to upgrade, but couldn't remember the password on the account. So, I called in to get the password on their account reset. Since CS had to do all the verification, I passed the phone on to the customer. Once password issue was fixed, rep went on to go over their own promo's, etc.. on doing an upgrade. Of course the customer didn't think anything of it, figured Verizon is Verizon... Well, I, of course was IRATE! We work in a low traffic store, and every sale means A LOT to us. I got the rep's info, and passed it on to my account manager. She investigated, flagged it as "bad business" pretty much, and whether or not that rep got paid is beyond me, but I know before it was done, they credited the reps in my store $50 on...
(continues)
jessicad

May 2, 2009, 10:23 AM
I had a CS rep yell at me because I had her on speakerphone. My customer yelled back at her because she yelled at me lol. I kept her on even after she requested I take her off. She was being rude to my customer and my customer was already ticked to begin with. Took me a while to calm the customer down after I got off the phone with the CS rep.
Drunk

May 2, 2009, 1:07 PM
Do you know the difference between "There" and "Their"?

I can't read your post because you can't spell. I suppose I have text messaging and public schools to blame. I know it's not your fault.
CAS8586

May 2, 2009, 1:40 PM
Do you know the difference between "There" and "Their"?

So, throughout the whole entire thread, you have nothing to say, but just correcting one part of my grammer?

If you can't read it because of one error? you are trully a retard...
SkinnyPuppy

May 5, 2009, 11:16 AM
CAS8586 said:
So, throughout the whole entire thread, you have nothing to say, but just correcting one part of my GRAMMAR?

If you can't read it because of one error? you are TRULY a retard...

Fixed your spelling. It's really annoying...
WHITE_BOB76

May 5, 2009, 11:30 AM
OWN HER BRAH SHOW NO F34R BRAH DONT BACK OUT LIKE THAT BRAH
Webb

May 6, 2009, 4:51 PM
Heh. Once upon a time, back in the dying days of the old AT&T Wireless, care reps were required to ruthlessly flog contract renewals on pretty much every call, with special renewal prices available on phone orders for customers who met certain requirements. It probably created a lot of circumstances like that in your story.
MrGoofball

May 6, 2009, 5:28 PM
I remember that crap it sucked. Cust called last week and renewed contract calls back today and you got to try to get em to renew. That was not fun.
taco50

May 7, 2009, 8:22 PM
Have you thought that if you did your job an explained the bill instead of pawning it off on customer service this would have never happened?
babyvaz

May 7, 2009, 10:31 PM
wait...does cust care get commission...didnt think so!! 🤤

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.