Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Money hungry much

gowirelessconsultant

Apr 26, 2009, 6:54 PM
So I have this co-worker that I work with. Every day that I have worked with her, she jumps on every customer that walks through the door. She can be helping one customer with a transaction half way through the transaction another customer walks in asking about an upgrade. Guess what she does, before I even get to speak with the customer she is talking to them about a sale. Also when I'm with a customer and she is with a customer, she seems to butt it on every conversation and over powering the sale that I am working on. I get frustrated and the customer does as well, but she keeps talking. I have had several customers walk out of the store because of her being pushy to them, and coming back to me after she left for me to finish the sale. Th...
(continues)
robtheman

Apr 26, 2009, 10:44 PM
Punch her in the cooter.
ccareatatt

Apr 27, 2009, 12:53 AM
LMAO!!!!! 😈 Do it.
ATnT Nokia

Apr 27, 2009, 7:11 AM
robtheman said:
Punch her in the cooter.

đŸ¤Ŗ

I just snorted and now my coffee is dripping out my nose!
Nadesico81

Apr 27, 2009, 4:32 AM
If had a salesperson like that. I use to work with some one who was just like that. Some salesman just need to calm down and wait for the cust to come to them in due course and not jump the gun.

No one likes a salesperson that jumps on a custy as soon as they walk though the door. We use to have 90 second rule or when the customer was about 20 steps inside our store since it was so big before any one said a word to them unless they spoke first.

If there was no custys in the store we would take turns helping customers as they came in. We even use to dray lots on who would have the front sales floor since thats where most custys tended to stop first.

Also if she spends more time with the customer she is currently helping she can in...
(continues)
ATnT Nokia

Apr 27, 2009, 7:13 AM
Nah, I say he should just punch her in the cooter, like RobTheMan suggested.
ATnT Nokia

Apr 27, 2009, 7:11 AM
gowirelessconsultant said:
So I have this co-worker that I work with. Every day that I have worked with her, she jumps on every customer that walks through the door. She can be helping one customer with a transaction half way through the transaction another customer walks in asking about an upgrade. Guess what she does, before I even get to speak with the customer she is talking to them about a sale. Also when I'm with a customer and she is with a customer, she seems to butt it on every conversation and over powering the sale that I am working on. I get frustrated and the customer does as well, but she keeps talking. I have had several customers walk out of the store because of her being pushy to them, and coming back to
(continues)
Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 11:20 AM
This is one of the reasons I'm happy for store commission.
devilsmafia

Apr 27, 2009, 11:34 AM
So I have this co-worker that I work with. blockquote>

this sentence made me laugh
devilsmafia

Apr 27, 2009, 11:37 AM
So I have this co-worker that I work with.

this sentence made me laugh
dnbstyle29

Apr 27, 2009, 12:51 PM
Hey now, if I was a customer, I'd like it if she jumped all over me, ya kna'mean?! 🤤
WorldSoCold

Apr 27, 2009, 5:21 PM
YES!! and he does it on purpose. its a pain in the a$$. he knows like everyone that walks into our store so he'll start talking to them while i'm in the middle of explaining something like phones or paperwork...and selling anything to a customer is pretty much impossible when he's talking because he'll tell them not to get it!

the way our company works... the only time we get individual comission is when we sell an aircard or a Dish...other than that our comission is formed from a gross profit pool and is split between the 4 of us. ...keeps things not so cut throat, but at the same time still gets us motivated to bring in as much money as possible. so with that said.. he'll tell people to come into the store only when he's working, he'll ...
(continues)
Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 5:24 PM
CCPP
WorldSoCold

Apr 27, 2009, 5:29 PM
dude, he even steals that ****!
if he hears my customer say no or i'll come back... HE'LL call them before i get a chance...and bam! there's $100 he made for the store...but still his % goes up instead of mine. yet he b*tches when "we steal his sales"...
Menno

Apr 27, 2009, 5:41 PM
15 day CCPP is a tough sell around here, so if someone else gets it from me I'm happy.

I know what you mean about people stealing sales though. Thankfully, we have a pretty good understanding with one another here.

Though lately it's been so slow that if a customer shows up, they'll see 2-3 of us all willing to help.
WorldSoCold

Apr 27, 2009, 6:53 PM
yeah its been pretty slow here too... 2 bill pays today and a ton of people just wanting info... grrrr
Sgt. Rodney Farva

May 1, 2009, 7:47 AM
Is that co-worker the manager?

I'm a manager of a CCPP store 😁

Honestly, if she isn't, get her written up. Get a sit down meeting with the store, and discuss the problem. If the person can't handle it, good riddance, your comm% will go up. Less headaches, and room to better the team. If you hear the "look at my percentages" excuse, then as nice as possible say, well of course, thats because she steals sales! Its also good to have the manager see this in person.
WorldSoCold

May 1, 2009, 12:49 PM
no that co-workers is supposed to be the assistant manager.
and according to our regional ...he's untouchable no matter what he does wrong.
corp even knows about everything and nothing is being done.
jessicad

May 2, 2009, 10:33 AM
I'm in the same situation ☚ī¸
lowtechlou

Apr 27, 2009, 5:29 PM
i worked briefly at a place that had an assistant manager like that.

one day i told him off.

didnt change anything but made me feel better. 😈
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 27, 2009, 7:27 PM
🤭

No jk... She is just being aggressive..which is fine, but jumping on one of your sales while working on her own is pushing it. And talking to someone you're talking to would piss me off Xcore. Have a talk with her and see if it needs to be escalated because I don't think your monetary overlords will look kindly on that. Also, you can do the exact same thing to her and you probably should be more aggressive in your approach anyway.
jessicad

Apr 29, 2009, 10:49 AM
Depends on the situation tho. I work with some JUST like that but she's the shift supervisor and has her head so far up the managments a$$ that nothing helps. I would more likely get into trouble for causing her trouble.

How do you combat that?

I just keep my mouth shut and smile and nod most of the time. It may be wimpy but I have 2 kids to support.
jessicad

Apr 29, 2009, 10:30 AM
Absolutely 100% nailed my co-worker on the head. OMG do I work with you?
wizardofCroz

Apr 29, 2009, 10:48 AM
We have the same problem with our company. This guy lives at home, has no bills, mommy and daddy buy him cars and he's constantly making butt loads of money. He interrupts sales, rushes the door, hell he even straight up told my customer that just bought a Bold from me that, "The curve does basically the same amount and it's 200 dollars cheaper, wanna take a look at it?" đŸ˜ŗ
Leishbl

Apr 29, 2009, 11:24 AM
đŸ¤Ŗ
Its pretty simple, you should contact your lead or manager and make him/her aware of the situation. Now, as part of management I will stress this, if a customer walks through the door you drop everything you're doing to greet the customer; however, you are not to take it upon yourself to take care of two customers at once. Rather than get upset over the situation, be sure to bring it to your supervisor's attention.
CAS8586

Apr 29, 2009, 2:42 PM
First of all, why do you let any female over power you? Especially in sales bro..Regardless if she was a manager or whatever..I also worked with an employee, that "tried" to butt in my sale. As soon as he did that, After the sale was done, i took him to the side and professionally punk him. I believe you should do the same to her..if that doesnt work, butt into her sales also, then smash on her on sales the next month!..Stop being a p@$$%
GraGG

Apr 29, 2009, 2:47 PM
that, or just butt into her đŸ˜ŗ

works for me
Decept.ICON

May 4, 2009, 10:44 AM
Indeed...
Dr. Gonzo

May 1, 2009, 9:14 AM
Punch her in the Tripas! 😛
64kwireless

May 3, 2009, 3:03 PM
Go Wireless Consultant, huh.. does kevin still own that company?
Decept.ICON

May 4, 2009, 10:42 AM
to the World of Sales...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.