Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

one for the customer file

lowtechlou

Apr 27, 2009, 5:28 PM
me: sorry sir your phone is out of warranty.
the liquid indicator is activated.

man: I am an engineer, that happened when I was wiping the phone off, no damage is inside.

me: sorry sir it still voids the warranty.

man: i donk care about that im an engineer.

me: we cannot warranty this.

man: but im an engineer.

me: it is out of my hands.

man: but im an engineer.

🙄
WorldSoCold

Apr 27, 2009, 5:31 PM
hahaha... EVERY engineer thinks the world is owed to them. ...my dad is an engineer and his head is so heavy you'd think its filled with concrete! lol
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 27, 2009, 7:29 PM

But I'm an engineer! waaa!

Then you should have no problems fixing it.
Pious Goddess

Apr 28, 2009, 3:06 AM
Good point! It's just as bad as this lady whose husband had a busted LCD screen, I mean she said it looked like someone took a hammer and beat it. She goes into a rant of telling me how they never added insurance to the account because she is 53 with a Ph.D and he is 54 and a surgeon. She told me people at their age, especially surgeons don't go around breaking their phones, or dropping them because he is 54yrs old and a surgeon. "We're not like these teens running around mistreating our phones. So replace it!"
Sometimes, it's shocking that people really think the stupid B.S. they associate as being the reason why it is so impossible for them to have done something to the phone, is funny.
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 28, 2009, 11:49 AM
PhD doesn't necessarily equate with intelligence (i.e. theology) and it's their own fault if they break it.

Insurance is a gamble after monthly fees and deductibles compared to the price of a new phone - I don't think it's worth it unless you have a new high end pda, personally. But sometimes the unexpected happens like when my pda drops three times in a row cause I'm just sitting there using the computer. Or when it stopped working after 6 months for no reason. In both of these situations I was ecstatically glad that I had insurance. Originally I was getting pissed.. 'hey why am I paying every month I'll never use it!'... So it's definitely a gamble.

What really infuriates me is when someone breaks a phone or loses it and they come i...
(continues)
Mr. Spock

Apr 28, 2009, 12:31 PM
According to the Custies....EVERY one who EVER bought a phone HAD insurance added....and its just the silly store people who didnt put it on.... 😲
wiseguy

Apr 28, 2009, 12:51 PM
i love telling those people that most of us get paid to add ins so if you would have asked for it you would have definitely go it
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 28, 2009, 1:12 PM
Well unlike wiseguy third party doesn't make anything on insurance, infact, we have something else to offer 😈 ... but the point is if they get insurance they get 30 days to make sure they have insurance. They can easily call up their service providor and find out it takes less than 3 minutes. Hell, Sprint's first phone call is TO customer care!!! They know EXACTLY what they are signed up on.
ac4321

Apr 28, 2009, 9:07 PM
I had to explain the chemical process for copper oxidation to an electrical engineering student once, or so he claimed.
😕
DaCoach

Apr 29, 2009, 7:02 AM
Not so shocking(no pun intended)...

Most EE's became EE's because they couldn't handle the Chemistry to be ChemE's.

Remember: You can't spell Geek without a EE.
ac4321

Apr 29, 2009, 7:55 PM
Yeah, but I would hope that the basic concept of rust would be evident to anyone who went through 4th- 8th grade science class, much less anyone in college, much much less than an "engineering" student.
🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.