Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 32 replies

Happy at work

frontncenter

Apr 19, 2009, 4:48 PM
I notice that most of the comments here are negative. While it is entertaining, it is also alarming. The economy is a wreck and everyone is looking for work and will do anything to stay at work. This job is great! Im in a nice clean store with a heater and air conditioning. I wear nice clothes and my hands are clean. My back feels great and I'm not exhausted when I go home. I make more money than I deserve and I get the opportunity to help people. I used to work in construction and dig ditches. Now I get to lean on a counter and get a cup of water whenever I want. Feel free to write about the problems and frustrations of your job. However, thank God for what you have. Your grandparents worked a lot harder and complained less.
OfAMightDivine

Apr 19, 2009, 5:05 PM
frontncenter said:
I notice that most of the comments here are negative. While it is entertaining, it is also alarming. The economy is a wreck and everyone is looking for work and will do anything to stay at work. This job is great! Im in a nice clean store with a heater and air conditioning. I wear nice clothes and my hands are clean. My back feels great and I'm not exhausted when I go home. I make more money than I deserve and I get the opportunity to help people. I used to work in construction and dig ditches. Now I get to lean on a counter and get a cup of water whenever I want. Feel free to write about the problems and frustrations of your job. However, thank yourself for what you have worked for. Your gra
(continues)
..Mackenzie..

Apr 20, 2009, 8:10 AM
It was correct the first time. All good things do come from above.
outlaw_01

Apr 20, 2009, 1:23 PM
So I don't have to go to work anymore? I can just pray to god and he'll pay my bills?
frontncenter

Apr 20, 2009, 1:37 PM
Exactly. Quit your job today, go home and you'll be fine. I hope the best for you...
OfAMightDivine

Apr 22, 2009, 10:34 PM
Some of us prefer to live in reality.
oldbluebox

Apr 27, 2009, 2:25 PM
Agreed.

Thank yourselves! Not Santa!
grendelsdevil

Apr 20, 2009, 8:26 AM
Your right, I shouldn't complain about the endless customers that call in @ my call center bitchin and screaming about how their account are all screwed up.They're easy to fix and I got good insurance- Bluecross blueshield by Anthem - So I guess toleranting the Nazis isn't too bad.
wizardofCroz

Apr 20, 2009, 1:49 PM
On that same note, should we also thank "God" for what we don't have? Such as a stable economy, low unemployment rates, low crime rates, and a President that tells the truth?

YESSSS!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!

None of our grandparents worked in the wireless industry either. So you're comparing apples to oranges with that statement.
frontncenter

Apr 20, 2009, 2:01 PM
Visit a third world country my friend and you can see what a tough time is. For that matter live in another country and see how you like it. This unemployment rate is nothing
wizardofCroz

Apr 20, 2009, 2:19 PM
That's OK, i'll save my plane ticket for a missionary who thinks they can "save" everyone in that thrid world country by giving them a Bible and some rice. Meanwhile the only thing those missionaries are doing are pissing off the rest of the world by "spreading the word" when no one cares to hear what they have to say.

It must be nice to use the cop out, "i'll pray for you" when someone disagrees with your beliefs.
cellboothmgr

Apr 24, 2009, 11:05 AM
why does it have to be a fight about religion. its a missionaries job to go to other countries and do what they do. im sure some people dont like them preaching...but guess what....some people dont like it when you are "greeting" from your wireless spot, would you want a missionary to tell you to stop working? of course not
wizardofCroz

Apr 24, 2009, 11:27 AM
Here's the problem with your statement, People come to me. They physically walk into my store. I do not go to people's doorsteps or place of business and ramble on about what I believe they should buy. A person has a choice whether or not to come into my store, if they do, I will greet them.

Missionaries put their beliefs on people without their consent. They barge into other countries and setup shop and actually think they're helping the world.

I'm not the one who started the religion topic, I'm just the one that ended it.

I've never had a complaint from someone because I greeted them with "hello, welcome to (insert cell phone carrier)".

I would be pissed off if someone greeted me with, "maybe you should accept Jesus in your li...
(continues)
frontncenter

Apr 24, 2009, 1:19 PM
I'm sorry I mentioned God at all. I posted to say that my job is easy compared to the jobs I've had in the past and what other people go through. I feel that this site is filled with spoiled children complaining about a customer being upset for being screwed on a bill they don't understand. Thank God, Allah, Darwin, the Golden Calf, that you have a simple job of selling something everyone wants. Jesus Christ! You guys will argue about anything.
wizardofCroz

Apr 24, 2009, 1:25 PM
This forum allows people in the wireless industry to vent about ridiculous people who come into our store. Don't like it? Don't read it.

This job isn't simple.

There is no proof of a higher power, why should I thank it?

Yes, we sure will.
oldbluebox

Apr 27, 2009, 2:27 PM
Um, we're also not running around telling people they're going to burn in hell for all eternity if they don't buy a phone from us.

Religion fail.
CallCenterBlues

Apr 22, 2009, 6:54 PM
I am very greatful that I have a job, but I don't have to be happy about my job. Listening to people whine and complain all day long, and over what-A FREAKIN CELL PHONE. People act like it's a life or death situation. So far I havn't heard any headlines in the news saying "DEATH BY LACK OF CELL PHONE". Get a grip people.
Krantros

Apr 22, 2009, 9:54 PM
This is the kind of stuff people who opposed unions and labor laws used to say to workers who were in poor conditions and didn't get paid enough for the crap they had to deal with. With us, sure, we're not getting our arms caught in dangerous macinery for $2 an hour, but some customers make that look amazing in comparison. Besides... Are you a communist? RED MENACE! WITH YOUR GODLESS HEATHEN COMMIE WAYS! RAWR! (lol, satire 😈 )
GraGG

Apr 22, 2009, 10:05 PM
if you dont like your job your not allowed to complain, if you do, your spitting in the face of your ancestors who had to make fire from two twigs.... god you morons are terrible, next youll be wanting help lines to call if you feel suicidal or something, jesus, cant you guys just be happy with not being cavemen or neanderthals (wait, jesus ppl dont believe in neanderthals) 🙄 ... dont complain about my complaining, your just as suspect as any of us
GraGG

Apr 22, 2009, 10:06 PM
they do have help ppl for suicidal ppl, their called psychiatrist and their for weak ppl who complain about their life all the time, what morons
CAS8586

Apr 23, 2009, 10:03 PM
your happy??? I feel like banging my self in the head with a hammer. You know why? lemmy tell you why...I dropped out of college because I was maken tremendous amount of money doing the real estate lone business. Stupid banks closed their lone programs when the economy hit and I had 5 loans in the pipe with them and didn't get paid for 4 months. Now I have down graded back to stupid cell phone sales, which I make clearly peice of crap money and plus I have to work a millions times harder. My dumb @$$ went out and baught a house, with some family, (which is the stupidess business decision i've ever done in my life) cuz now, im paycheck after paycheck. I had a stupid ass girlfriend.

But look at the bright side. Life is somthing you should a...
(continues)
Sigma1570

Apr 25, 2009, 5:35 PM
Maybe you should get out of the lone business and get into the loan business.
CAS8586

Apr 27, 2009, 2:03 PM
If you are not a retard, you would know exactly what I am talking about.
Drunk

Apr 24, 2009, 2:29 PM
I take two to three time the recommended dosage and do just fine at work/school/play/home/driving/jail and pretty much everywhere
wizardofCroz

Apr 24, 2009, 2:35 PM
That is true, I thank the makers of prescription drugs everyday for the job I have
Menno

Apr 24, 2009, 3:00 PM
Youtube "Smiling Addiction" sometime. You'll like it.

Happiness is the absence of,
making sense...
SkinnyPuppy

Apr 24, 2009, 3:27 PM
I don't mind work at all. In fact, I
Webb

Apr 24, 2009, 5:41 PM
Well, I'm happy at work.

Granted, I haven't worked in wireless since July '08. I was a call center worker and I'd dare say that was the unhealthiest time of my life.
Drunk

Apr 24, 2009, 5:43 PM
Look at me, I live in Canada and I can see Russia from my house!

We just got a new VHS Disney tape in our igloo.
Webb

Apr 26, 2009, 7:12 PM
My igloo overlooks Norway, not Russia.
lowtechlou

Apr 25, 2009, 3:01 PM
did work harder, but the complaints were there they just didn't voice them, it was considered bad ETTIQUTE.

you would never have heard them talk about
pregnacies, cancer, mental illness or sex...

apples and kumquats my friend
Sigma1570

Apr 25, 2009, 5:37 PM
From what I know the average work week is longer than it ever has been. People are working longer hours now then they have in the past. So for you to say that our grandparents worked harder than we did is unproveable and degrading to our current work force.
mellowlen62

Apr 28, 2009, 6:02 PM
People here are certainly ready, willing and able to argue about anything. Despite the bashing, I "got" your post. Well said. Americans are spoiled children for the most part and there's no greater evidence than in some of these posts.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.