Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

I felt like saying "Are you FREAKIN' kidding me?!"

dnbstyle29

Apr 16, 2009, 2:48 PM
Some guy came in today, a guy I sold a phone to in December. That would be 4 months ago ๐Ÿ˜ December 13th to be exact.

He comes in, wants to exchange his phone. Says it hasn't worked for the last 3 months ๐Ÿคจ First off, it looks like he dropped it seven-THOUSAND times, then he said he took it to the T-Mobile store across the street already- which is a corporate store, I'm an indirect (If he read his receipt, he might realize that)- and they "couldn't find the warranty info on his phone" over there... I pulled up the T-Mobile system no problem: it showed me his account info, activation date, and imei number.

I told him all I could do here since I'm not ac corporate store AND BECAUSE HE BOUGHT IT 4 MONTHS AGO would be call T...
(continues)
Tmo Slave

Apr 16, 2009, 3:29 PM
The Corp. store would have done the same thing. We don't replace phones in store. I hate when people get all uppity like that.
MadCatUSA

Apr 17, 2009, 1:23 PM
What is it about cell phones and cell service that makes people think these things are cheap, easily replaceable or just plain worthless? The phones *do* cost money, it doesn't matter what you paid for it out the door.
CAS8586

Apr 17, 2009, 5:09 PM
shoulda dicked em and give him the unnecessary add...and made him feel like it was the best deal in the world..(not that id ever do that)..
TMobRep

Apr 18, 2009, 1:55 PM
does your company even give a warranty with your phones? Ive had many instances where a customer that purchased a phone from an indirect ends up with no warranty at all.
dnbstyle29

Apr 19, 2009, 11:39 AM
Yeah yall! One year manufacturer's warranty.
Menno

Apr 19, 2009, 12:09 PM
You get a 1 year warranty. For the first 30 days, we can handle this directly in store. then it goes to the Corp Warranty exchange department.

All our phones are purchased through direct channels to that Corp can honor the warranty.
deeter

Apr 19, 2009, 12:18 PM
not possible. Its not the store that warranties the phone its the manufacturer
Menno

Apr 19, 2009, 1:02 PM
True, but if the indirect gets the phone from certain resellers, verizon (or whatever company) may not cover the warranty since it is not an "authorized" reseller. Walmart phones used to have that problem.

For those phones, you would have to contact LG, or Motorola directly.
eml426

Apr 19, 2009, 1:41 PM
Our warranty works the exact same way. That's why I think it's funny when people storm out saying they're gonna cancel and go somewhere else because Verizon's policy is so awful.
deeter

Apr 19, 2009, 1:59 PM
exactly. I just tell them we provide the service. moto nokia etc make the phones

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.