Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 6 replies

8:46am

Pretty Keeley

Apr 14, 2009, 9:53 AM
My store doesn't open until 9am. I clocked in at 8:43, but at 8:46, I noticed someone was pulled up in front of the store. I went ahead with my opening procedures, glancing up at the vehicle every few minutes. At one point when I looked up, the woman in the car also looked up, then started trying to talk to me. She held up money, so I mouthed "We don't open until 9." She also mouthed something, but I couldn't understand her, so I repeated myself. She then held her hands up with 9 fingers. I nodded. She then said something else, so I walked over to the door, unlocked it and opened it.

Me: We don't open until 9.

Woman:I know, but when you open, can you come out here and take my money?

Me: Make a payment?

Woman: Yes, it's X amount, ...
(continues)
uscellagent22

Apr 14, 2009, 10:09 AM
Its not menopause, its called lazy

This is not the burger king drive thru!!! YOU CANN'T HAVE IT YOUR WAY beech!
Pretty Keeley

Apr 14, 2009, 10:15 AM
if you caught my sarcasm....
Fredd

Apr 14, 2009, 10:16 AM
I think she meant mentalpause!
Santi

Apr 15, 2009, 10:39 AM
🤣
ac4321

Apr 18, 2009, 10:57 PM
I just try to avoid even looking in the direction of the door before open or after close. I'll watch it out of corner of my vision, but avoid directly looking.

They can even walk up to the door and knock, but they won't get any attention unless it looks like they're about to bust it down. Then, I'll hold up my hands to signal the time of open/close. Occasionally I'll say through the door that security procedures don't allow us to let them in (which is true).

I remember for one obnoxious guy that I told him, through the closed door, that I was going to call the police if he kept shouting and pounding on our door. He thought I was joking until I pulled up the entry for our local police on my phone, held it up so he could read it ...
(continues)
ccareatatt

Apr 19, 2009, 12:37 PM
No but it does make you doing weird things like leave the house in your pajamas.. LMAO.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.