Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 53 replies

DONT YOU HAVE THIS!!!

mizJen

Mar 26, 2009, 1:50 PM
DONT YOU HATE WHEN CUSTOMERS COME IN AND THINKING THERE GOING TO BUY SOMETHING BUT THEY DONT!!

HERE COMES A TEEN LIKE IN HIS 20'S WITH HIS MOM THAT DOESNT SPEAK ANY ENGLISH. HE COMES IN AND SAYS "I WANT TO BUY TWO PHONES AND ADD IT TO MY ACCOUNT" OF COURSE YOUR ON THAT IN A HEART BEAT! WELL I EXPLAIN EVERYTHING TO HIM BUT THERE MORE HE WANTED TO EXCHANGED HIS PHONE TO ONE OF OUR BLACKBERRYS. HE TOLD ME THAT AT OUR OTHER STORE A REP SAID HE COULD EXCHANGE HIS PHONE FOR A BLACKBERRY. WELL HIS OUT OF THE 30 DAY EXCHANGE POLICY HIS UPGRADE OT UNTILL 2010 SO BASCIALLY CANT DONT SH**! I TOLD HIM NO STORE CAN NOT DO THAT SO HE SAYS WELL NEVER MIND ILL GO BACK TO THAT STORE. SO I TRIED MY BEST TO TELL HIM WELL WE CAN DO THOSE TWO LINES HERE. I TH...
(continues)
poweredup

Mar 26, 2009, 1:53 PM
Don't you hate it when ppl type in all caps? 🤨
mizJen

Mar 26, 2009, 1:56 PM
🤤 WHATS WRONG WITH CAPS! IM ON EXCEL SO SORRY BUDDY!
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:03 PM
What does Excel have to do with it?
smiliey

Mar 26, 2009, 8:33 PM
thats what im wonderin..
GraGG

Mar 26, 2009, 8:36 PM
but he himself does not excel
phoneguy45

Mar 31, 2009, 2:56 PM
or cant even understand what they were saying in the first place
brentgodwin

Mar 26, 2009, 1:53 PM
You don't need to yell!!

LOL..

Happens a lot here..
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:05 PM
How do you know they are yelling? Last I checked, Phone Scoop posts didn't make sound.
Tmo Slave

Mar 26, 2009, 2:09 PM
Because typing in all caps at one point in time was considered yelling, but now the rtards on forums(phonescoop it the worse) type in all caps because they think its cool.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:11 PM
IF YOU CONSIDER THIS TO BE YELLING, THEN YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE HOUSE MORE THAN ONCE PER WEEK. THIS IS TYPING IN LARGE CAPITAL LETTERS AND NOTHING MORE. THE ACT OF 'YELLING' CANNOT BE CONSIDERED 'YELLING' UNLESS SOUND IS INVOLVED. IF THE ONLY SOUND INVOLVED IS THE CLICKING OF YOUR KEYBOARD, THEN YOU AREN'T YELLING.
Tmo Slave

Mar 26, 2009, 2:15 PM
In a forum or instant messaging setting all caps is considered yelling.

Example:

noob1: Hey man hows it going?

noob2: Good you?

noob1: OMG MY HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!

noob2: RUN DUDE!!

See yelling.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:20 PM
yell (yÄ”ºl) Pronunciation Key
v. yelled, yell·ing, yells

1. To cry out loudly, as in pain, fright, surprise, or enthusiasm.

2. To utter or express with a loud cry. See Synonyms at shout.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/Yelling »

Could you hear them yell it? No. Sound is required to yell, no matter the 'street definition' of the word. If you, or anyone else thinks that THIS IS YELLING, then you are stupid.

Is it annoying? Yes. Always. Is it yelling? No.
monkey0717

Mar 26, 2009, 8:24 PM
I think you just made my day.... Thank you for breaking down the word yell. I must say however i agree with u...and you should win a smart ass medal 🤣 🤣 🤣
WorldSoCold

Apr 7, 2009, 6:08 PM
wow...ya'll have no f*ckin life...
either that or have nothing better to do other than argue about whether caps is considered the written term of yelling...

wow

geeks
GraGG

Mar 26, 2009, 8:27 PM
😲 ITS TEXT YELLING!!!! 😲
Off_Top

Mar 27, 2009, 11:14 AM
putting caps on lil stupid chat messages like this are a form of expression through the cyber world...unless your dumb enough to not know about it...it makes a difference in conversation or when your trying to explain a simple catagory through caps...but what do you know?? all your trying to do is start $#i!..soo go about your self..
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:04 PM
I don't even know where to start on this one.

Holy crap.

Don't you hate it when people ask a question, but with out a question mark to signify that it's a question?

mizJen said: WHAT AN IDOT!!!

How do you manage to not severely hurt yourself in the process of being awake?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:06 PM
You really shouldn't be mentioning if people can't speak English until you have a grip on the language yourself.
smiliey

Mar 26, 2009, 8:40 PM
lol. 🤣

+2 points
Tmo Slave

Mar 26, 2009, 2:10 PM
Protip: If you want people to read what your typed do not use all caps. Its hard on the eyes, especially if its a giant paragraph.
mizJen

Mar 26, 2009, 2:25 PM
Here happy now i didnt know it was such a big deal. 👿 why do you care if i said the person doesnt speak english i cant explain that?
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 2:27 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
You really shouldn't be mentioning if people can't speak English until you have a grip on the language yourself.
timmydale

Mar 26, 2009, 3:01 PM
Just post what you want (as long as its on topic) and ignore those that try to fight with you. Take away their fun and it may stop and if not who cares ignmore them and go on your merry way posting.
timmydale

Mar 26, 2009, 3:02 PM
Ignore
OfAMightDivine

Mar 26, 2009, 3:04 PM
I've tried telling people that too, but they won't do it.
GraGG

Mar 26, 2009, 8:04 PM
yup, this is why i can make fun of ppl on here and they get all bent out of shape 🤣
mizJen

Mar 26, 2009, 3:35 PM
A
deeter

Mar 26, 2009, 6:24 PM
The caps lock is 1/8 of an inch away from the left pinky. Please use so you don't look so ignorant. That is all.
nodeposit

Mar 27, 2009, 11:46 AM
I'm still wondering what he wants to know if I have......WHAT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW IF I HAVE? (yes I yelled that aloud)
ajlineman

Mar 27, 2009, 6:00 PM
I do agree with every one else, the all-caps are friggin annoying.
Second... how did you mis-type that? The "V" key and the "T" key aren't exactly right next to eachother... Did anyone else notice this is a thread where the title makes NO SENSE?
Have=hate
And lastly... how can you have a teen in his 20s? I'm very confused...
Cellinovation

Mar 27, 2009, 6:56 PM
ok there is alot of un needed hate in this thread! Caps are bad, but really its the Internet. So people spell things wrong or use words improperly. Who made everyone here the word Nazi's. Is everyone here gramatically correct when you text? Is every word spelled. Do you use abreviations like idk, brb, rotflmao, b4? Lets just all try to get over our little hatred of people that have a lesser command for the english language (myself included). Geesh! As long as you know what someone ment, does it really matter that much?
deeter

Mar 27, 2009, 7:48 PM
no to everything except that very last part
outlaw_01

Apr 2, 2009, 4:00 PM
Sure we may have been able to decifer the true meaning of the post (mostly), but it is much nicer for us, the reader, if even nearly correct grammar is used and most words are spelled correctly.

The reason misspellings can be mostly ignored in texting is this: typing on a phone is much more time consuming than on a full keyboard. When you have a full, hand-sized qwerty keyboard, correct spelling is much easier to accomplish.

Also, a quick read through takes only a second, and it's easy to use the mouse to make corrections throughout the post.
Copper Emeritus

Apr 2, 2009, 10:30 PM
Tried to decipher what "decifer" meant, but I could not find it listed anywhere!
CAS8586

Mar 27, 2009, 7:50 PM
You guys are not even on subject....your picking off every lil word this person is saying...you guys are like teachers or something..shop talk is to talk about problems we are having within the phone industry.... and solve it...but there are some scandulous low life people that sit in front of computers all day with there fingers in the buts....watever..ya'll is retarted..."YELLING" "GRAMMER"...get out of here...
deeter

Mar 27, 2009, 7:56 PM
ya'll is retarted... do I see an oxymoron?
CAS8586

Mar 27, 2009, 7:59 PM
Im sorry..i think my grammer is illiterate..i mean YOU PEOPLE ARE RETARTED
Enamored777

Mar 28, 2009, 1:22 PM
Even when you tried to correct your grammar you did in wrong. I think you meant GRAMMAR, not GRAMMER, and RETARDED, not RETARTED. 😎

You're probably uneducated, meaning you probably believe is Jesus too.

Haha, douche.
CAS8586

Mar 28, 2009, 1:26 PM
I might be uneducated..but i bet i make more money than you and your mom put together..and yes i do believe in jesus..you should also
Enamored777

Mar 28, 2009, 2:27 PM
You're boasting about how much cash you make?

Money = The root of all evil.
You = Sinner.

See ya in helllllll 🤣
CAS8586

Mar 28, 2009, 2:46 PM
"When people say that money is the root of all evil...means they dont have money" -Ben Afflack..Boiler Room
Decept.ICON

Mar 28, 2009, 2:48 PM
the love of money is the root of all evil not money itself...
CAS8586

Mar 28, 2009, 3:00 PM
"When people say that money is the root of all evil...means they dont have money" -Ben Afflack..Boiler Room
Decept.ICON

Mar 28, 2009, 3:19 PM
Decept.ICON said:
the love of money is the root of all evil not money itself...

B!TCH! 🤣
CAS8586

Mar 28, 2009, 3:45 PM
This makes it clear that you dont have money..mister big online talker..i know for a fact that if you called me a B!!tcH in person..you'd get slaped..keep it clean aiight you beezy?
😁
Decept.ICON

Apr 1, 2009, 11:58 AM
you wouldn't do a thing... I'm not "talking big" online, or making e-threats. I'll let you do that. I have no need to brag about my financial standings to the likes of an idiot such as you... G'day Lozer...
CAS8586

Apr 1, 2009, 7:20 PM
Well obviously you may think such a thing...online is a big world of people that we dont know about..soo before you make your assumtions about "im not going to do anything in person" (which where im from..anyone that will call me a B!!tch, will get slaped)..soo just watch your self in the future to who you talk to in person..cuz people like you need to get slapped..k? and please..dont hate on me because i like to "bragg" about money...thank you
caraye1

Apr 2, 2009, 12:55 PM
Affleck. 🙂
Enamored777

Mar 28, 2009, 1:28 PM
I'm sorry that wasn't nice. I take it back. hoo karez bout gramer anywho?
Tmo Slave

Mar 27, 2009, 8:11 PM
It gets annoying when you can't understand what they are trying to say when there is so many spelling and grammer mistakes. Plus TYPING IN ALL CAPS is hard on the eyes.
CAS8586

Mar 27, 2009, 8:19 PM
Its funny how people complain about this type of LITTLE THINGS!! i swear...if its a problem that your cant read or understand because of "grammer" or "caps"..its easy buddy..DONT READ IT!! putting people down will result in karma..i think its easy to keep your $#i! to your self? right?...wait..is my grammer good?
cookiesandcreme69

Mar 31, 2009, 3:31 PM
My eyes hurt! Can somebody re type that in lower case and with proper grammer so I can read it?
Oddity

Mar 31, 2009, 5:29 PM
If someone where to attempt that, I bet their fingers would spontaneously combust... Which would really suck.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.