Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

sprint welcome call

ElTriste

Mar 21, 2009, 5:29 PM
is by far the stupidest thing ever thought of by the company. If those dumb-ass outsourced care agents didn't spew every bit of sprint service bull$hit, and to scare the $hit out of my customers with ridiculous bills that don't reflect the actual bill. To sprint higher ups who thought of this ridiculous practice, and those people unfortunate enough to work for the welcome calls, you need to do something to get rid of it. ATT doesn't do it, and people love it. I've lost quite a bit of sales by customers pissed off by "shana" the Cayman islands trying to sell her airrave service in a single story house. argh! ok, im done ๐Ÿ™‚
purplelotus

Mar 21, 2009, 5:43 PM
If I see the SOC for the CDMA Welcome Call on a line of service after I set up an account (like I did today), I remove the feature. HAHA.

Yay for CSAT!
ElTriste

Mar 21, 2009, 6:10 PM
unfortunately, we can't do that on SNAP, trust me, if there was a way around it, I'd do it in a second.
purplelotus

Mar 21, 2009, 6:19 PM
๐Ÿคจ

I did it in SNAP on my first activation today.
liquidfire

Mar 22, 2009, 11:50 AM
im def lookin into this ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
purplelotus

Mar 22, 2009, 2:07 PM
You work for Sprint?
ac4321

Mar 22, 2009, 8:52 PM
Probably not if they use snap.
๐Ÿคฃ
liquidfire

Mar 23, 2009, 2:17 PM
i work for a sprint retailer
ElTriste

Mar 22, 2009, 6:12 PM
It's not an add-on, how did you remove the SOC in snap??? If you wanna talk talk to me, I'll pm you my number
purplelotus

Mar 22, 2009, 7:59 PM
Yer crazy. ๐Ÿคฃ

Haven't you ever removed the "Disable NAI Functionality" feature in SNAP before if you seen it on an account? Sure, you have to call an NSS rep to have it put on the account to begin with, but once it's there, you can remove that too. Same thing with the "CDMA Welcome Call" feature.
hereticcavi

Mar 26, 2009, 1:11 PM
we can remove the soc?
justwondrin

Mar 22, 2009, 8:08 PM
You people doesn't obviously know what the "welcome call" is for. Too bad, Sprint hired you. Poor sprint, hiring the wrong people. There are a lot of umemployed people who deserves the job. The least you can do is to care for the company who is feeding you!
GraGG

Mar 22, 2009, 8:09 PM
has obviously never worked in wireless
justwondrin

Mar 22, 2009, 8:21 PM
what made you say so?
nodeposit

Mar 23, 2009, 11:09 AM
or passed an English class.
ac4321

Mar 22, 2009, 8:58 PM
The welcome call, more or less, is a way to babysit reps who can't properly qualify and educate their customers or who outright slam things the customer doesn't want.

For those reps that need babysitting, I'm sure the welcome call saves Sprint a lot of money and customer frustration. For reps that know their stuff it's an annoyance to their customers, "oh, btw, you'll be getting a call to make sure your account was set up right."

Then, even if you set it up right and to the customer's wants, the welcome call people will try to upsell still more stuff the customer already declined. If *anything* is changed at all, it hits that rep and store's metrics.
๐Ÿ˜ก
justwondrin

Mar 22, 2009, 9:23 PM
...that the welcome call rep did a better job in probing for customer's needs.

If the sales rep did his/her best in catering to the customers need (not wants), the customers would not change even if welcome call reps strut their way to change anything on the account.

People who doesn't like welcome calls are most likely to slam.
Decept.ICON

Mar 23, 2009, 9:31 AM
it would instigate too much buyer's remorse. A customer can be persuaded in a store to try certain features he/she wouldn't have normally thought necessary.(That is if you're doing your job) A program like this gives a customer too much "sleep on it time" and would in turn lead to the declination of alot of feature adds/sales. Further more if something is added it looks like the rep didn't do their job. When in actuality 75% of all customers add a feature with 45 days of the original sale.(2008 at&t feature outline)...
purplelotus

Mar 25, 2009, 8:28 PM
I agree. I DO do my job and probe and ask a TON of questions. It's part of a sales rep's job to ask a grip of questions so they basically know exactly what the customer needs. Plus, our company does things like 2 week and 3 month calls. If the customer wants text messaging, I've already asked them about it. It's annoying to have it shoved in their faces a second time, not to mention when I call that customer 2 weeks from the sale WITH ME to ask if they want the same features AGAIN... which is why, if I see the damn Welcome Call feature, I remove it.

I do my job.
ac4321

Mar 25, 2009, 1:31 PM
Not necessarily..

It can also mean the welcome call rep upsold the customer something they don't want or need or removing something they did want after scaring them with inflated tales of proration.

As someone very experienced and skilled at their job, I just don't trust some random person with less experience and accountability.
Big Poppa

Mar 25, 2009, 11:19 AM
Ummm AT&T may not do Welcome Calls, but Verizon does. And Verizon has been doing them for a while! It's not like Sprint just came up with the idea.

If they are done properly they can actually benefit the customer. I used to do welcome cals for Verizon. We didn't try to sell services though, thats kinda stupid for a welcome call. Our purpose was to make them feel welcomed and to veirfy there account information and make sure thier plan and everything was setup correctly. Because we ALL know store reps like to add options to plans that customers did not ask for.
purplelotus

Mar 25, 2009, 8:31 PM
this is the actual meaning (to me) of a "WELCOME CALL" because I did the Welcome Calls for Verizon too.

It would make even myself, as a consumer, happy to know that my account is being double checked over so I'm not in for some crazy bill when my cycle finally ends after having set up bran new service.

Sprint DOES upsell on their account. And furthermore, when I go over the 2 yr CSA with a customer right after it prints out, I've basically done the welcome call myself.
Big Poppa

Mar 26, 2009, 1:21 PM
Were was your welcome call center located? Mine was in Nashville, TN. We were the first group for Verizon to do them. We were kinda like the "Lets try this out see if it works, and if it does work out the kinks and get working good" group. We even started the Spanish welcome call group too.
GTAexpert

Mar 25, 2009, 8:52 PM
I am no longer a retail rep. But there is one simple solution to the welcome call if they still do it this way. It worked for me every time. The welcome call is basically the first outgoing call made from the handset. After you program the device make a test call to your handset. This will cue the welcome call, which in turn you can hang up. I dont test phones for customers anymore when I sell them, but they instituted this right when I was leaving retail. It may be different now, but that is how I avoided the call. And don't try and remove the SOC code. Sprint tracks everything, and they have people that look at how accounts are set up and what changes have been made. Based on your corp id, they can see what your most common chamges to an a...
(continues)
ATTGuyNY

Mar 26, 2009, 9:23 AM
I work for a Sprint Retailer and we use SNAP. I have actually tried to remove the Welcome Call feature in SNAP and I get an error each and everytime, so I sort of question the fact that people are stating they have removed it. Also in response to "I call and hang up" theory, thats not going to work for the Sprint welcome call. The call needs to be completed or you will have everything you attempt to dial routed to the Welcome Center.

I have also completed the welcome call for a handfull of my friends that I have activated and they have never once attempted to upsell me on anything except insurance. I think they do that because most customers say the reason that dont have TEP is because they were never told about it, and customers with TE...
(continues)

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.