Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 12 replies

Lazy Management

dualitycomplex

Mar 10, 2009, 12:55 PM
So I just need to blow some steam off and what better place than on a forum where no one gives a rats ass but will read it any way.

Lets start off with i'm only an assistant manager although it seems more like i baby sit my area manager and make sure he gets to keep his job so i dont have to deal with the BS of his job clean up his messes and smooth things over with the employees when he decides to pull some retarded crap like disappear to to the bank for 2 and a half hours and then complain about the garbages being full ( 2 cups and a wadded up paper towel ). The beginning of march I take my first vacation in just about two years working with this guy so I can fly a friend of mine out from the east coast and have some fun for a change...
(continues)
devilsmafia

Mar 10, 2009, 2:04 PM
Seems like you need better employees in your store aside from having a d-bag for a manager.
tanya_ATT

Mar 10, 2009, 2:08 PM
ditto!!!!

i am sorry for ur pain!
lxav06

Mar 11, 2009, 1:13 PM
take it up with whom ever is above your manager and take his job, you have proof.
show that while you were there at the store was tip top and have proof that when you went on vacation stuff got backed up. And since you are doing most of the work, that you should get raise/ title equivalent to responsibilities.
or find employment somewhere else ( which i would not recomend.
GraGG

Mar 11, 2009, 2:01 PM
then look into radioactive waste byproducts to give you the ability to throw fire...
Decept.ICON

Mar 11, 2009, 1:38 PM
someone higher then your area manager... Hell try to take his job since you're doing a portion of it any way... 🙄
dualitycomplex

Mar 11, 2009, 3:18 PM
I'd say I do more than a portion of the work, the guy cant seem to do a thing without me being around to ride his @$$ to get him to do his job, its like a bad room mate you have to remind to pay their part of the rent. And i wish i talked with my employees before blowing up on them yesterday all the work they could have done while i was gone that they didnt do they had no idea they even had to do, I called BS until I checked the stores e-mail and noticed that the reject of the AM was sending the instructions for the weeks worth of work to my personal e-mail that employees do not have access to, or as they told me and god damn the guy was dumb for admiting to this he told them not to worry about it.

I view this as just disrespectful, whe...
(continues)
goguy5586

Mar 11, 2009, 7:19 PM
duality you wouldnt happen to work in washington somewhere between the border and seattle would you
jeffatt

Mar 12, 2009, 11:36 AM
if it's really that bad then you need to find a new employer...otherwise you just need to nut up
purplelotus

Mar 12, 2009, 4:11 PM
You sound exactly like my current area manager. He's really awesome and I'm going to recommend that our current DM gets fired and the area manager take his spot.

It's really odd that your company sees that as too buddy buddy. They don't see it as too buddy when the uppers go out to dinner at a swanky restaurant ON THE COMPANY CREDIT CARD, do they? Yeah, that's what I thought. 🤣 Double standard BS.

Sure, me and my co-workers would get less of those dinners out and rewards for doing a bang up job, but at least the company (my job included) will be in good hands.

If you're thinking about going somewhere else, I'd say screw it and fight for your worth. But that's just what I'd do.
Santi

Mar 12, 2009, 9:35 AM
Jason?

🤣
SonsOfAnarchy

Mar 14, 2009, 12:12 PM
Santi said:
Jason?

🤣

Do you work for go?
Verizon SUX

Mar 12, 2009, 8:09 PM
so why are you dealing with returns, filing, merchandising? A tough thing for many managers is DELEGATE, DELEGATE, DELEGATE. You need people cross trained so these things are not such a burden for this reason.

I feel for you I really do, but I would start delegating and teaching starting today! Many companies wont promote a manager if there is not someone ready to fill his shoes. would definitely help when the "boss" is away.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.