Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

I HATE RELAY CALLS!!!...........

EdgarN

Jan 20, 2009, 10:18 PM
damm they take forever!!!. i do wanna help that people, but those calls just take forever!!!
OfAMightDivine

Jan 20, 2009, 10:22 PM
I completely understand. Go ahead.
EdgarN

Jan 20, 2009, 10:30 PM
im stuck in one right know and its been going on fro 1 hours and 30 minutes.....
ac4321

Jan 21, 2009, 12:18 AM
Imagine being retail and having to have your customer and you scribble everything on paper. Takes so long...

It's nice to help someone that's usually genuinely thankful, though.
jeffatt

Jan 22, 2009, 3:49 PM
what's a relay call?
EdgarN

Jan 22, 2009, 10:25 PM
when the cust is a deaf person and does a video call to a company to intepret for them,,,,
llama

Jan 22, 2009, 10:26 PM
it's when a deaf person calls to the relay service using a TTY machine...and types in the questions and an operator reads them to you...you respond and the operator types the message to the deaf person. No video involved...
EdgarN

Jan 22, 2009, 10:27 PM
i just had a video relay call,,, the rep told me, ... have you ever had a video relay call???
llama

Jan 22, 2009, 10:31 PM
well, I guess it's both then...

http://www.fcc.gov/cgb/consumerfacts/videorelay.html »

Background

Video Relay Service (VRS) is a form of Telecommunications Relay Service (TRS) that enables persons with hearing disabilities who use American Sign Language (ASL) to communicate with voice telephone users through video equipment, rather than through typed text. Video equipment links the VRS user with a TRS operator – called a “communications assistant” (CA) – so that the VRS user and the CA can see and communicate with each other in signed conversation. Because the conversation between the VRS user and the CA flows much more quickly than with a text-based TRS call, VRS has become an enormously popular form of TRS. For...
(continues)
EdgarN

Jan 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
llama

Jan 22, 2009, 10:33 PM
I have had plenty of TTY relay calls though...
EdgarN

Jan 22, 2009, 10:37 PM
ive only had like 5, and already hate them..!
EdgarN

Jan 22, 2009, 10:32 PM
and I'm actually not sure, that what i tougth because of that one i just had :S
jeffatt

Jan 23, 2009, 2:29 PM
lol...I had a friend "prank" the store using that crap one time. The operator was trying hard to stay professional, but she started laughing and could barely control herself. He was asking allllllll those questions that we hate to hear. Like asking the price on 10 different phones, why is it cheaper online, which phones have X features, etc.

I didn't know that's what it was called though. Thanks man.
crazyeaglefan236

Jan 23, 2009, 12:58 AM
I hate being deaf worse. 😲
Gipsyqueen

Jan 24, 2009, 7:07 PM
I don't mind doing relay calls, but I always forget to say "Go Ahead" so I'm sure I annoy the other rep because I reply... and wait... wait... 🙄 and then I'm told "is that a Go Ahead??" lol. Makes the call longer too.
kapwww

Jan 24, 2009, 7:17 PM
Most of them are just scammers anyhow. They want you to ship the phone to Nigeria and they want to pay with a cashier's check adding an additional "tip" to the check.

When I get those calls, I just tell them that I can't can't ship phones and suggest they visit the store. The call usually ends at that point. I refuse to give an email address to them too because that will add tons of spam.
Gipsyqueen

Jan 24, 2009, 9:50 PM
🤨 Scammers?? Isn't this when a customer is deaf and their is an operator on the line telling the rep what the customer is saying, to which you would respond and they relay the info back to the Customer? 😕
tlk2me

Jan 25, 2009, 3:14 AM
I have heard that scammers use this method because all calls are totally confidential and untraceable. 😡
KFS_kickboxing4satan_

Jan 25, 2009, 12:55 PM
because it means that I don't have to hear the customer's annoying voice.
racergsx00

Jan 25, 2009, 1:13 PM
True...but it is funny when the cust is talking sh!t and the interpreter has to say what the cust is saying...lol samething with other interpreter calls.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.