Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 7 replies

Oh NO!! My MOM IS ONE OF THEM!!!

sms_Queen

Jan 9, 2009, 7:03 PM
So...my parents are eligible for their NE2 upgrade, and as usual, she asked for my help for the best bang for the buck.

So, we go into the store and we're looking around and I give her my opionion about which phones would work the best for her and dad. She finally makes her decision and we're at the counter while the guy's ringing us up and is doing his pitch for data and text and i help him talk her into a family text plan cuz then we can communicate, and such...then she says it: "well, couldn't you throw in the data plan for free...i mean, we've been customers with you guys for so long and we always pay my bill on time..." I could tell the agent was internally rolling his eyes and trying to figure out how to nicely tell her that he doe...
(continues)
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 7:05 PM
lol...thankfully my family (except my brother) is pretty wise to cell phone stuff and I don't have to hear any of that
sms_Queen

Jan 9, 2009, 7:28 PM
yeah, well...i thought so too...
jeffatt

Jan 9, 2009, 7:30 PM
yikes...maybe I should be on the lookout!
ac4321

Jan 9, 2009, 11:38 PM
One of my friends just asked about his "free upgrade" to get a new PDA phone.

I replied, "not sure what you mean by free, new customer/upgrade pricing. Only the very basic phones are 'free.'"

This was after he's spent hundreds on phones before and has been told all about how it works.
o.0
reason.voice

Jan 12, 2009, 5:48 PM
*cups his hand over the mic of his new, free, W580i*

Shhh...her self-esteem is almost as fragile as her keypad...
Menno

Jan 10, 2009, 11:02 AM
My Aunt tried this when I was talking to her... I was going over all the plans and the phones and after all that she was like "I think I'll just do it online anyway."

The irony of it is my Uncle owns a small business and the one thing he HATES above all else is people wasting his time before they go and buy something online.

He just turns and looks at her... She finally realizes what she said and starts apologizing profusely. She's sent a good 20 people to my store since then.

I don't know what it is about wireless that makes people think differently. But even if they do their best not to be "those type of customers" somehow it changes with things like cellphones, computers, and the like.
TMobRep

Jan 12, 2009, 5:21 PM
theres only one option, your gonna have to cut her head off, its the only way the virus wont spread.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.