Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

calling all VZW customer care agents.....

sweetcherrygurl

Jan 3, 2009, 4:54 PM
do you guys realize that when you tell us you are "directing us to a supervisor/other department/technician" and then direct us to the "indirect agent customer care line" there is NOTHING THERE?

i work for a premium retailer and am getting really sick of getting directed to a menu that does absolutely NOTHING for me?

reps, the indirect CC is a myth. the menu only has one option, basically - e*ROES tech support.

i HAVE the e*ROES tech support number. if i needed e*ROES tech support, i would call them instead of calling you. but if i need something for a customer such as a credit issue or tech support, etc, then i call customer care for a reason.

whatever your supervisors or little memos are telling you about this great, wonderfu...
(continues)
liquidfire

Jan 3, 2009, 6:14 PM
glad they never did that to me when i worked vzw indirect. i woulda flipped out on someone! 😈
EdgarN

Jan 3, 2009, 6:15 PM
i would buy im not verizzon... 😛
dualitycomplex

Jan 3, 2009, 11:32 PM
what flipping number are you calling? Indirect Dealer Support has been pretty damn good for me thus far, every once in a blue moon i have to be transfered to customer care or a higher tier tech support but they have been able to help me with any billing questions ect and so forth, they have even been able to set up exception upgrades bump dates issue credits and a whole slew of stuff if you know the proper way to speak to them. I would rather call Dealer Support than Customer Care, no offense to my friends in the Customer Care call centers. Check your number and make sure you PAY ATTENTION to the prompts you actually have to listen to them, try option number 2 followed by option number 4.

And if your a premium retailer what exactly is ...
(continues)
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 3:29 PM
Things Premium can't do without a phone call in (off the top of my head):

1. Phone number changes
2. Liability changes
3. Credits
4. View detailed billing (unless we log into the customer's "my account" at VZW.com)
5. Suspend a line (though this can be done through the automated system at the customer care number).

There is probably more but I'm not that motivated to go on.
sweetcherrygurl

Jan 4, 2009, 4:05 PM
kapwww said:
Things Premium can't do without a phone call in (off the top of my head):

1. Phone number changes
2. Liability changes
3. Credits
4. View detailed billing (unless we log into the customer's "my account" at VZW.com)
5. Suspend a line (though this can be done through the automated system at the customer care number).

There is probably more but I'm not that motivated to go on.

THANK you thats exactly what we can't do. and it's just really fustrating cuz they are routing us to a "indirect customer care" menu that really DOESNT exist. there might be two numbers, but i'd rather just go to the source anyways instead of "calling indirect and having to be bumped to customer care"

i like ...
(continues)
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 4:28 PM
When I call the support number given to us here, its just support for eroes app problems. Perhaps different regions of the country have different numbers to call.

I've worked in Northeast and West and things that were not a problem in one area were a big hassle in the other.

In the past, we called COOS for app issues and Care for everything else. There were specific business/major/Gvt. account support numbers too, but very little could be done other than ESN changes through most of those.

I think that whenever indirect outscores direct on the NPS surveys, direct does something to give themselves a hand up. They used to hold NE2 over our heads. Then they gave themselves the 20 month upgrade months before we could. Now they...
(continues)
Turbo187

Jan 4, 2009, 6:59 PM
amen brother
purplelotus

Jan 4, 2009, 7:52 PM
kapwww said:
They will never admit it, but I once had an un-named rep show me an internal VZW email on his phone that said they were holding the 20 month upgrade to themselves for a little bit to "differentiate" corp more from indirect and that the change was "prompted" by recent NPS feedback. They were to tell all of us that the system "upgrades" would take a little bit to get in place.

That's ridiculous because NPS scores for the indirect center I worked for were outstanding compared to the corporate/direct center we were in competition with and they did the same thing.

God, I'm so glad I don't work for a Verizon Call Center anymore. Just because I was indirect I got all the worst problems sent strai...
(continues)
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 9:45 PM
The NPS mentioned in the email was actually meant, I believe, to say that customers suggested upgrading earlier in NPS surveys and VZW complied.
Menno

Jan 4, 2009, 4:29 PM
6. Exception Upgrades
7. Warranty Claims (Fru hotline)
8. Asurion Claims
9. We do not have authorized Techs. (so when they are told to go talk to a tech they HAVE to go to a Corp store that has one)
10. View notes on customer's account.

5 more I thought of.
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 4:47 PM
6. True
7. The FRU hotline usually tells my customers to go to a store anyhow, so I just don't bother anymore...so good point.
8. All corp can do is put you on the phone with Asurion for the claim process anyhow, so that's not that different between us.
9. True, though if your company wanted to spend the money, indirect can purchase equipment to flash handsets with new software. Either way, its pretty much the same as number 7. All they really do anymore is update software or swap out the phone if it has a problem.
10. Yeah. Very true there, though the new infodesk enhancement at least allows us to put useless canned notes in for others to view. How fun.

We have workarounds for many of the speed bumps they put in our p...
(continues)
Menno

Jan 4, 2009, 5:01 PM
I think my biggest pet peeve is when a customer calls customer service and they tell them to go to their nearest "verizon wireless store" most customers assume this is the nearest place that sells verizon (meaning an indirect) when they actually mean a corp store 90% of the time.

I know that corp stores are the only Verizon Wireless stores (everyone else is a retailer). But that's not the way a lot of customers think. Getting the customer to leave our store with a positive impression after they came here thinking we could do exception upgrades/credits/warranty exchanges/etc. only to find we can't is a difficult task and gets old rather fast.
kapwww

Jan 4, 2009, 6:09 PM
It used to bother me, but because I know there is simply nothing I can do about it, I don't let the customer's lack of understanding make me feel at all in the wrong. I explain it clearly and most of the reasonable customers come back with something like "Ohhhh. I HATE having to go to that place. You always have to wait so long to talk to anyone." or they at least thank me for my time.

Most of the ones that cause the trouble were never even my customers in the first place but they are lazy and just don't want to drive the extra 20 minutes to the mall where they bought their phone in the first place(because they were lazy so they just got it at the mall while they were there instead of making a second stop/trip to the store by their h...
(continues)
apollo83

Jan 4, 2009, 4:24 PM
My dear j... you have to call the eroes tech support number because that is our indirect care number... you just have to get to live person and they can do everything for you... its part eroes tech support and our indirect care.. they can do it all...

Oh yeah
PS.. i hate customer care when they are all rude and snappy with me telling me that "I HAVE TO CALL INDIRECT CARE!"... i have been working in the industry for 2 years now.. who did i call before the indirect line.. you... you rude customer care people.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.