Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

Your Local Best Buy

filerx

Dec 27, 2008, 10:01 PM
How many of you have lost sales to Best Buy over this holiday season because of the pricing of handsets? Our store has been losing 3-5 new activation deals because Best Buy is selling Samsung Instincts/M800s for $49.99 instantly when our store sells them for $129.99 and that's after a $100 MIR. Does anyone know off hand if Best Buys has any particular clauses pertaining to their $49.99 offer aside from the fact the M800 has to be activated on one of 4 Everything data plans?
ac4321

Dec 28, 2008, 12:29 AM
Our store lost a lot of sales this weekend because of Best Buy.
😡
filerx

Dec 28, 2008, 12:31 AM
May Best Buy one day share the fate of CompUsa.
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 28, 2008, 1:13 AM
I love Best Buy. They keep customer service reps employed. I mean, someone has to be there to take the numerous calls when accounts are either set up wrong/not explained correctly/or just f'ed up somehow. Seems to happen alot from Best Buy...
filerx

Dec 28, 2008, 1:14 AM
🙄
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 28, 2008, 1:15 AM
rolling the eyes...you disagree?
liquidfire

Dec 28, 2008, 11:50 AM
yes. best buy sux!
IrishCarBomb

Dec 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
I hate Best Buy! I refuse to shop there. My brother makes his living customizing cars with stereos/alarms/remote starts/graphics/anything... if you have the money, he will do it pretty much.

He gets at least 2 customers a week coming in with Best Buy install nightmares... exposed power wires, wires reversed, amps with re-feeding circuit (The power from the amp is being used to power the amp) and so forth. It is scary! We are talking simple mistakes, like the amp for example, why on earth would you hook the negative return wire up to the power in port?

He also gets a bunch of ill informed folk wondering why his equipment costs more than Best Buy's (He gets way better equipment, ie his cheapest JVC head unit costs him wholesale more ...
(continues)
eljeffe666

Dec 28, 2008, 1:50 PM
its one of the few electronic stores i can go to and not get harassed buy sales ppl
filerx

Dec 28, 2008, 4:54 PM
The job of corporate retail sales professionals is hello...selling. I feel customer and potential ones should be greeted the Wal Mart Way, either within 10 seconds or ten feet, whichever comes first. If somestates that they're "just looking", I'll give them space, but stay in the vicinity of the person(s). After two minutes of "just looking", I'll come up to him/her/them and ask "what particular handset do you currently have with us?" or just something they can't amswer with a yes or no answer.
Ellie004

Dec 28, 2008, 3:48 PM
Hmmm...I was thinking of applying to best buy

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.