Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 33 replies

Wow

vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 6:26 PM
Now my boss is telling me how to do my job. I had a two 65+ customers come in buy two phones ask for navigator nothing else. and she proceeds to tell I needed to add the vpak data plan for there phones. Like a senior is really gonna use unlimited megabytes to go surfing the web. I just wish she would look at who I sell to before telling me off for not selling data.
OfAMightDivine

Dec 23, 2008, 6:30 PM
Think, then speak. It's probably why she's the boss, and not you.

Yes, you boss has every right to tell you how to do your job.

They tell you to sell the Vpak just like I tell my reps to sell the Vpak.

Know why we do it? Because our bosses tell US to tell YOU.

Remember, if YOUR numbers are crappy, it's OUR job to explain that to upper management. You know, the people that control ALL of our jobs?
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 6:37 PM
read before posted I sell it normal customers all the darn time not to senior citzen who do not need it. Qualify Quilfy Quilfy.
liquidfire

Dec 23, 2008, 10:14 PM
thank you!!!

omg a sales rep that doesnt just slam things on people because "thats what the company wants"
sprintguy19

Dec 23, 2008, 8:14 PM
This is one of my biggest pet peeves as a salesperson. I do the work of selling, I make the money for the company, and the management piggybacks off me. If I don't make enough, they get upset. Know why? because they don't make any money. It is really the ultimate parasite situation. How about you do something to make the company money!The different levels of management in most companies is a very inefficient way to do business. This salesman is doing his job properly as he sees it. Provide good service to your customers and get them what they need. But his parasitic manager just sees "not enough", because he's going to have to explain to the next level of parasites why they aren't getting the bonus that they did nothing to earn. Keep doing y...
(continues)
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 8:16 PM
ty very much for this. This is why i posted here. Cause I tend to have a very short fuse that is easly lit when I get mad. This I can live with I will do what I am doing and if they honestly think I am that bad they can let me go.
OfAMightDivine

Dec 23, 2008, 8:32 PM
Spoken with true ignorance.

YOUR JOB DESCRIPTION IS TO SELL THINGS TO MAKE THE COMPANY MONEY.

I understand dude, trust me, I do. I was a lowly CSR for a while, and I thought just like you do. I did the work, where's MY money?

You have no idea, from what I can read, of what management is there for. Their job is to manage you. To make sure *you're* doing the best to make the company money. They hire the best people to make the most money, and train them on sales techniques on how to sell the most, to get the most money. Do you think anyone REALLY cares if the old bat is going to use the service? No. But... if you're a good enough salesman, then you can create a reason for the customer to need it. Talk to any *good* salesman,...
(continues)
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 23, 2008, 8:37 PM
*CLAPS*
oldbluebox

Dec 24, 2008, 10:16 AM
So well put.

Amen.
Thelastholdout

Dec 25, 2008, 2:30 AM
Yeah, that's a really good idea. Just indiscriminately add a 15 buck charge (30 bucks total for this case) a month to their bill. That way, when the phone breaks in three months and the customer calls ME up and starts complaining, they're going to have MORE ammunition because they're going to talk about their bill being really high for a feature they didn't want and didn't really realize they had.

If you're going to make a buck, make it fairly, make it honestly, and make it openly. To heck with what the higher ups say.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 23, 2008, 6:31 PM
Wow! That is nuts! I love my employer, they just set the quotas, as long as I meet them they don't say anything. They also tell me not to sell them stuff they don't need and won't use, and encourage this through policy.

If anything I sell on a plan gets downgraded in the first 6 months, I don't just get a charge back to the down grade, I get a charge back for the whole thing! They have some leeway, like if I sold them the basic txt package and they take it off I just get hit on the txt package, etc. But if I sell them unl data and they remove it a couple months later, I loose everything on that sale!
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 6:36 PM
wow crazy dude. I was just venting my frustrations at the moment. I been here a month and they act like I dunno what I am doing when it comes to selling the data. I may not know everything about how are systems works as far as the pos end of it. But as for the plans and data I know what I am doing and I qaulify my customers before I sell them anything it what any normal vz dealer would do. They act like I commited an ultmate sin. thats why after the new year I am transfering to a real dealer not some authorized retailer who make up crap as they go.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 23, 2008, 6:41 PM
Yeah, thats what you should do. My company is way different from Verizon, and we are trying to build on customer base so the focus is more on proper service for the customer than getting the most out of each customer, since the belief is that better serving the customer will lead to more customers whose $100 a month a piece bill more than makes up for a missed $20 here and there type thing.
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 6:43 PM
I should work for you. I am awesome when it comes to relating with customers and selling them what then need.
IrishCarBomb

Dec 23, 2008, 7:54 PM
Yeah, this is the best company I have ever worked for! We have almost 0 turn over too, only time we have an opening is if someone gets fired, which almost never happens since we all meet our sales numbers, and it is really hard to even get hired.
OfAMightDivine

Dec 23, 2008, 7:31 PM
vzwilman said:
I been here a month and they act like I dunno what I am doing when it comes to selling the data.

Gotta love rookies.
liquidfire

Dec 23, 2008, 10:18 PM
which retailer do you work for?
vzwilman

Dec 24, 2008, 11:03 AM
I work for spirit communications in princeton Illinous
jeffatt

Dec 23, 2008, 6:33 PM
If you've been in sales for any length of time, you know nothing is ever enough.

I had a guy activate 4 lines w/nearly $100 in features, home phone service, DSL, & Dish Network (AT&T agent...we can sell all that) and I was told that I should've sold more accessories to this person.

Whatever it is, it's never good enough. If I had sold them a bunch of accessories, it would've been "well let's see that every day."
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 6:39 PM
🤣 🤣 too true man. I just wish they look throughly before making a accusation that I did not off them data the 65+ do you know any one 65 who needs unlimated data.
devilsmafia

Dec 23, 2008, 7:28 PM
I've sold V-Cast and premium plans to alot of seniors. Just cause they're older doesnt mean they arent into some of the cool stuff you can do with V-cast. Some of em really like the fact that they can play music and watch videos right from thier phones.
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 7:37 PM
🤣 yes but I bet that is few and far between and I bet you qualified them before hand in the serivice like I did. I was just venting that I did the job they ask me to do and I like I am treat like it day one.
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 7:39 PM
vzwilman said:
🤣 yes but I bet that is few and far between and I bet you qualified them before hand in the serivice like I did. I was just venting that I did the job they ask me to do and They treat like it is day one.
devilsmafia

Dec 23, 2008, 7:43 PM
Your managers are just doing what they are hired to do. They are told to maxamize every transaction as much as possible. I totally agree with you though. I know how it is when you sell someone a bunch of stuff that they probably dont even need anyways, then you have someone yelling at you that you could have sold more. As long as you are hitting your qoutas and reaching your goals thats all that matters in my opinion.
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 7:46 PM
yeah that why I was frustrated. I want to hit my numbers but we are slow store and the othe persone here does all the follow ups and five star calls. So I work with what I have. And I been here a month least give me time to devolope in to the systems. The way I see it there job is to build you up so you can sell yourself and the service. But if they make you feel like crap why bother.
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 23, 2008, 7:55 PM
Is data not required for Verizons nav??? If not don't they get charged outrageous fees for all the transmitted data? Also, unlimited data for verizon is just verbage its really only 5megs right????
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 8:04 PM
No the data plan is not required to be there for nav. And no it really is unlimated data. But the bba plan is 5 gbs that where you are confused
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 23, 2008, 8:05 PM
If there is no data transmitted how can it be a gps?????
PhoneyName

Dec 23, 2008, 8:13 PM
There is technically data being transmitted, but the cost of that is covered in the fee for VZNav, and isn't billed in megabytes or minutes.
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 8:14 PM
ty sir for answering before me lol 🤣 🤣
PhoneyName

Dec 23, 2008, 8:20 PM
No problem... just had this discussion with a coworker, and I think maybe he still doesn't believe me. 🙄 And for the record, I'm not a sir! 🤣
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 8:23 PM
🤣 🤣 Ok miss 🤣 🤣 Yeah I know alot about the nav and verizon even before I atarted to work here. I was on dads plan. Now I trying to get it for my self 400 deposit sucks ah well.
vzwilman

Dec 23, 2008, 8:24 PM
darn it that supposed to be started my bad
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 23, 2008, 8:24 PM
OIC. Thanx...

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.