Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

working in a call center or a store?

ashlen23

Dec 22, 2008, 10:41 AM
Which do you think is worse working in a call center or store? I'm seriously sick of working in store because ppl drive me insane but im not sure a call center would be any better.
vzwilman

Dec 22, 2008, 10:47 AM
Working in wireless sucks period. Unless your rich Rich Brome then you get to play with all the cool new phones and never have to worry about customers harassing you. 🤣 🤣 🤣
ccareatatt

Dec 22, 2008, 11:16 AM
At least over the phone we dont have to look at them. Id have to say in store sucks more.
vzwilman

Dec 22, 2008, 11:21 AM
True and at cs you don't have to worry about numbers or commission or bosses who want you to sell to ghost customers when your dead or cold calling. Yeah I see alot of up sides for being in a call center.
Pious Goddess

Dec 22, 2008, 11:31 AM
Although we do get pressure as far as stats go, I would say the store is horrible I could not deal with people face-to-face because some peopnly just honestly, don't deserve the right to have a phone.
vzwilman

Dec 22, 2008, 11:34 AM
what do mean stats?
OfAMightDivine

Dec 22, 2008, 12:52 PM
We in call centers have to meet certain goals.

In mine, we are measured in Average Handling Time, adherence to schedule, Quality scores, transfer %, attendance, and (thanks to VZW, the stupidest metric EVER) CSTS (Customer Service Transactional Surveys)

CSTS is where they call the customer back and get their opinion on how the rep treated the customer, because we all know how kind and honest a customer who just got told no credits would be.
LilSkillet

Dec 22, 2008, 2:02 PM
I actually do best in what you're referring to as CSTS. Except my company calls it CSATS. I get the worst reports for QA's, which is where quality assurance reps listen to my calls and mark everything I do wrong on a report similar to the customer survey's.
vzwilman

Dec 22, 2008, 3:26 PM
ahh thank you. Just by this I guess it bad where ever you are.
custservguru

Dec 22, 2008, 5:04 PM
I failed one of my IR (issue resolve) call backs. Basically I recieved a call from a store rep regarding a cust's bb not able to access the web nor create a new bb email acct because the pin was already registered. Customer bought the phone from a friend. I deleted that account, created a new one, and got the internet working. So all issues were resolved.

Here's why I failed. Apparently the customer had called in for something before. The call back to the customer went based off the last time the customer called in, which wasnt my call, because I actually spoke with a rep instead. So, her last call she made, her issue didn't get resolved, so I failed. Pretty bogus really. That was probably the worst because it was actually resolved.

(continues)
ccareatatt

Dec 25, 2008, 3:54 PM
I failed resolution because I told the customer he would be notified... basically he changed the rate plan by mistake online got an email with the css... I deleted the future dated priceplan.. and I guess we dont notify when that happens same day. Which is dumb.

However got all 10's on my professionalism and respect...
longsleeves

Dec 22, 2008, 11:53 AM
I'd rather be in a store than the call center. It's call after call after call of the same repetivtive crap. At least at a store you see people face to face and can talk with co-workers.
ccareatatt

Dec 25, 2008, 3:55 PM
Yeah but every once in a bit you get something new... or some bahhumbug habbib like yesterday... blamed me because they chose to buy a phone outright 2 years ago with no commitment and the phone is broke. Blamed ME calling me a manufacturer. LMAO. I slammed my fist on the phone jack. That is why I cant be face to face because I would lose my job because that customer would have a black eye by the time they left.
Pious Goddess

Dec 22, 2008, 3:24 PM
I always hear fun stories about the store but I could not stand the spit talk.
custservguru

Dec 22, 2008, 5:04 PM
spit talk.. 🤣

yea.. that would suck
j-villa

Dec 22, 2008, 6:16 PM
dunno if i could handle 8 full hours of idiots on the phone. I can barely stand being in a kiosk dealing with 5 - 10 idiots in 8 hours. lol 🤣
Thelastholdout

Dec 25, 2008, 2:43 AM
Call center can be a blessing sometimes, because you aren't face to face with a customer when they start foaming at the mouth.

That said...

Half the time, because I work warranty, the customer calls up foaming at the mouth anyway because their phone doesn't work, or they're being psychosomatic and THINK that their phone doesn't work.

All calls are recorded, and if you said or did something stupid as a rookie the company can still look it up and fire you over it. You say one bad thing and QA hears it, you're either on a final warning or sent packing. (I said that a white screen of death on a KRZR didn't surprise me, that got me a final...along with a couple of jokes about *bad* CS agents.)

Also, sometimes calls come back to ba...
(continues)
filerx

Dec 25, 2008, 8:45 PM
I think working in a call center would be worst, for me at least, because I enjoy face to face interaction with customers and dislike the idea of being confined to a cubicle.
crazyeaglefan236

Dec 25, 2008, 11:26 PM
Pay is best in a store. Commissions are awesome to have!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.