Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 88 replies

I got into big trouble with my boss. Was he right?

isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:31 PM
I should just preface this by saying that I

At church recently, I was listening to my pastor, and he was talking about how we should introduce Jesus into people's lives when they least expect it. So I took that to heart, and starting doing it at work.

When people activating phones come to my location, I've been programming a special message into their phone.

Under the contacts, I'll put "a - Jesus loves you!" That way, when people open their phone book, the first thing they see is a reminder of Jesus's love for all of us.

Apparently, customers have been complaining about this - and to me, this is sad. I'm just trying to give people hope in these hard times and people are being so mean about it. I just want them to join me in the...
(continues)
WhoDey

Dec 12, 2008, 6:33 PM
weird.. I do this too, but its the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

Ill assume youre joking, if not.. please / yourself now.
Nehemiah7

Dec 12, 2008, 6:35 PM
Wow this is the biggest failure ever.

I wanted my gf to know how much I love her that I carved the word 'love' in her face.
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:39 PM
Nehemiah, I don't think that's love. That sounds like lust.
EdgarN

Dec 12, 2008, 7:10 PM
hahaha mamion
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:36 PM
I never joke about the love of Jesus. Ever. I'm glad to say that Shreveport, and the people here NEVER joke about Jesus.
ElTriste

Dec 12, 2008, 11:35 PM
That's what happens when you're smack dab in the middle of the BIBLE BELT. Here's the deal, that's a very good thing you're doing, there's nothing wrong with spreading the word...but I mean, some people just don't like that. You have to seperate your personal religious feelings from your work. If you want to incorporate it, then become a pastor or something. I'm not knocking you, but here in cali, if I did that, I'd be fired in a heart beat. What if they're muslim? Jewish? Athiest? scientologist? Keep that in mind. And if you can't accept them and thier beliefs, don't expect them to do the same
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 11:39 PM
ElTriste said:
That's what happens when you're smack dab in the middle of the BIBLE BELT. Here's the deal, that's a very good thing you're doing, there's nothing wrong with spreading the word...but I mean, some people just don't like that. You have to seperate your personal religious feelings from your work. If you want to incorporate it, then become a pastor or something. I'm not knocking you, but here in cali, if I did that, I'd be fired in a heart beat. What if they're muslim? Jewish? Athiest? scientologist? Keep that in mind. And if you can't accept them and thier beliefs, don't expect them to do the same

I think he should go preach to the Jehovah's Witnesses. That would fun to watch.
ElTriste

Dec 12, 2008, 11:45 PM
I have, AND mormons. ๐Ÿ™‚ Acceptance is the way, seriously. I don't care if you're whatever religion, sexual preference, race, WHATEVER, I'll respect your right to be who you are as long as you do the same. If you don't then phuck you ๐Ÿ˜
lscarb85

Dec 13, 2008, 2:49 PM
SO let me get this straight...you're spreading the word about jesus but called your customers "tards"?!? thats very jesus like! ur outta control and what your're doing is disrespectful to other people's beliefs...if you want to go to church, fine, but there's no need to broadcast it...if you want to "save your tard customers" then go out and preach!
Jrockemsockem

Dec 12, 2008, 6:35 PM
I understand what your trying to do and commend you for it, but thats a little under handed and maybe too pushy. might try just asking them: "what church do they go too" as an ice breaker. just a thought!
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:41 PM
That's like the first question I ask. I always ask what church they go to. If they don't go to church, I invite them to mine. I go to White River Baptist, and it's the most moving experience. Every single Sunday, Monday, Wednesday and sometimes Friday night for youth fellowship.

I invite them for all 4 nights. It's like Disneyland with Jesus!
Jrockemsockem

Dec 12, 2008, 6:44 PM
Good for you! I would just try sticking with that approach though. ๐Ÿ˜
vzwilman

Dec 12, 2008, 6:36 PM
Well If you seriously did this then good for you for trying to spread the word of god. But unfortunately big business despises him so I would suggest finding another way to do it. You could save up money and start your own Christian phone company. That way you can still do his work and not have to deal with others.
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:42 PM
I've thought about doing an all-Christian phone company, but it really wouldn't work. If the rapture comes, all my employees would go to heaven, and that would make the network shut down.

That's no good for Consumer Reports ratings.
vzwilman

Dec 12, 2008, 6:44 PM
true but for now it be great till then. I would join you less hassle selling phones for god then selling them for the man
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:48 PM
I don't worship "The Man". Sounds like idol worship to me...
vzwilman

Dec 12, 2008, 6:53 PM
I don't worship the man either ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ That why I hate working for him but he pays the bills ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
tanya_ATT

Dec 12, 2008, 6:38 PM
yes, he was.. but, i agree with you

unfortunately.. in this day, ppl dont like to be "foreced into belief" as some say..
and remember, not everyone is the same religion as u, they may believe different things, and exspecailly in some religions, if they opened their phone, and saw what you put, they would be offened..
i know you aren't doing that intensionally, but truth be it, ppl just aren't as accepting these days, there are so many different backgrounds, and cultures, with differnt faiths.. its the same as why ppl dont like the Johovahs' witnesses' coming to the door, and they hide.. they dont want to feel like someone is forcing or preaching to them.. if they give you that christain vibe, say something to you that confirms their fai...
(continues)
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:46 PM
I used to keep people's numbers and send them texts (only if they had unlimited messaging) with a new scripture every day.

People liked it for a few days, but then they got annoyed with the "Bible Blast". That's the days I send at LEAST 10 scriptures.
tanya_ATT

see, ppl like to know that you have the faith, and even a lil' words of scripture every now and then, but.. it does get pushy.. and ppl done like that.. and even worse, sometimes, dont want to become that.. the pushy, jesus preacher.. not that u are, but some ppl can take it that way.. ppl are funny like that
ccareatatt

Dec 13, 2008, 4:06 PM
That would be a violation of my companies policy.
Ellie004

Dec 12, 2008, 6:40 PM
Yep

I would have complained too
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:47 PM
It's okay. Even though you're going to spend eternity in hell if you don't accept Jesus, I still love you because that's what Jesus would have wanted.
Jrockemsockem

uhhhh ๐Ÿคจ i was with you but now your just getting harsh.....
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 6:50 PM
I don't mean to come across that way. I just want the best for her, you know?

I want everyone to feel His love like I do. I gotta go pray for a bit. See you silly gooses later!
Jrockemsockem

Dec 12, 2008, 6:52 PM
I think you just fell off the wagon.
faintdot

Dec 14, 2008, 3:05 PM
people like this,
end up in the looney house.

ill enjoy my eternity in hell, before i force people to thump their bible.
Ellie004

Dec 12, 2008, 7:19 PM
I don't believe in hell

and even if there was a hell... according to your religion I'd be going there anyways because I'm gay
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 8:02 PM
Good Christians don't dislike gay people. You're just not living a right life. God created a man and a woman to go forth and populate the earth.

I want you to get into heaven. I really do. Just get a boyfriend. Maybe you can fake it and God won't know you're gay!

JUST KIDDING! GOD WOULD TOTALLY KNOW! SORRY!
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 8:03 PM
Jesus hung out with whores and tax collectors, right?
taoareyou

Dec 13, 2008, 6:18 PM
And 12 men.
ajlineman

Dec 15, 2008, 3:56 PM
LMFAO! Now that's freaking awesome. I never thought if it that way... I gotta remember this one.
Ellie004

Dec 12, 2008, 8:05 PM
and what about those couples who are a man and a woman and choose not to "populate the earth" or the couples who are infertile??

Should we not allow them to marry as well???
T-Monster

Dec 12, 2008, 8:48 PM
Ok, here's the Jews turn to play:

Number 1: according to the Torah (the first 5 books of the bible), marriage between two men is explicitly forbidden, but there is absolutely no mention of marriage between two women.

Number 2: according to Mishna, Eve was not the first woman. Before Eve was Lilith, who was made from the clay of the earth just as Adam was. Because of this, Lilith thought she was equal to Adam in every way. During intercourse, Lilith wanted to be on top half the time because the top position showed dominance. Adam did not allow this, so Lilith damned the name of g-d. G-d hearing this took Lilith and banished her to the Red Sea. G-d then gave her a chance to ask for forgiveness and apologize, but she refused. THEN g-d cre...
(continues)
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 8:50 PM
Oh, the idiocy...
T-Monster

Dec 12, 2008, 8:59 PM
Not so much. Both christianity and islam derived from judaism. No judaism, no christianity or islam. maybe everyone wouldn't be buddhist...maybe hindu?
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 9:01 PM
That's ok...2 millenium from now it won't matter.

I don't believe the Jews have cornered the market on be "chosen"...
Ellie004

Dec 12, 2008, 8:50 PM
What does number 2 and 3 have to do with me???
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 8:51 PM
You like to be on top...
Ellie004

Dec 12, 2008, 8:55 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
true.
T-Monster

Dec 12, 2008, 9:01 PM
just showing that any religious fanatic has their work cut out for them. there's something in ever religion that will counter another religion. Hell, every religion has its own built in contradictions. and that's the point. because of the built in contradictions it is impossible to stop learning about it
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 9:02 PM
it certainly does NOT belong in the workplace.
T-Monster

Dec 12, 2008, 9:15 PM
for once, mr. llamaman, i agree.
WhoDey

Dec 13, 2008, 6:03 PM
T-Monster said:
just showing that any religious fanatic has their work cut out for them. there's something in ever religion that will counter another religion. Hell, every religion has its own built in contradictions. and that's the point. because of the built in contradictions it is impossible to TAKE ANY OF IT SERIOUSLY

Thats better..
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 8:52 PM
the Jews would know the Messiah if he came today...
Crapbag

Dec 13, 2008, 6:21 PM
T-Monster said:
Number 3: Jews predate Christianity, and Jesus is not our messiah. So without Jews, everyone would be Buddhist.

Booyah!

Er, Christians believe Jesus was your messiah. You just missed the boat.
Seribus

Dec 12, 2008, 7:11 PM
you must sell phones to yourself ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 7:28 PM
You were hired to sell phones, not evangelize.

Do that on your own time.
isellphones2tards

Dec 12, 2008, 7:59 PM
You were put on this earth to spread the word of Jesus. You shouldn't let work interfere with that!
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 8:01 PM
isellphones2tards said:
You were put on this earth to spread the word of Jesus. You shouldn't let work interfere with that!

says who?
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 8:02 PM
I would be willing to bet 100% of the Jews disagree...
liquidfire

Dec 13, 2008, 4:54 PM
so if everyone was put on earth to spread the word of jesus....who exactly are we suppose to be spreading it to?
taoareyou

Dec 13, 2008, 6:27 PM
liquidfire said:
so if everyone was put on earth to spread the word of jesus....who exactly are we suppose to be spreading it to?

The little grey guys locked away in Area 51.
liquidfire

Dec 13, 2008, 8:32 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
Crapbag

Dec 13, 2008, 4:50 PM
Agreed.
Butthead007

Dec 12, 2008, 8:15 PM
I really hate people who are selective about their beliefs. Why do I say that? You're supposed to love one another and be non-judgmental as a christian.

And what is your name? I sell phones 2 tards. Way to spread that christian love and to be non-judgmental by referring to others as tards.

What a moron.
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 8:18 PM
Butthead007 said:
I really hate people who are selective about their beliefs. Why do I say that? You're supposed to love one another and be non-judgmental as a christian.

And what is your name? I sell phones 2 tards. Way to spread that christian love and to be non-judgmental by referring to others as tards.

What a moron.

Hey! He's a true representative of the 21st century christian!
Butthead007

Dec 12, 2008, 8:20 PM
ha ha. good point.

sober up?
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 9:00 PM
Butthead007 said:
ha ha. good point.

sober up?

Just long enough to do a few dozen shots of Tequila. TGIF!
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 9:19 PM
Are you all pucking blind?! Llama, you especially should know better. This guy is only kidding, he ain't serious. Read his replies to your responses.

Either hell has frozen over, or I am reading things. (I am drunk, so who knows, maybe it's me.)

Any one want some coke and rum?!
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 9:22 PM
His name isn't Imatardsellingphones...
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 9:42 PM
llama said:
His name isn't Imatardsellingphones...

I am drunkfused.
Enamored777

Dec 12, 2008, 10:08 PM
First off, your screen name "I sell phones to retards" is NOT Christian. Great job defacing mentally challenged human beings. Shame on you.

Second, maybe you should have paid more attention in your HR trainings. It specifically says to keep religion out of the work place (Christianity is no exception). Technically you should be fired for harrassment. YOU signed the harrassment agreement. Look it up in your employee handbook, I promise you its there. When you are on the clock, you are OBLIGATED to follow your company's rules, period. It doesn't matter how passionate for "Christ" you are. So if you like getting paid, chill out on your religious bigotry. If you don't agree, keep it up and get fired, or just quit - your company will be more t...
(continues)
Burger Time

Dec 12, 2008, 10:11 PM
Enamored777 said:
I just don't believe in faily tales.

Not even the Little Mermaid? But that's a Disney classic! Ursula is my hero!
taoareyou

Dec 13, 2008, 6:20 PM
I believe in Goldilocks. "Oh! That one's just right." ๐Ÿ˜ณ
TheBlueSpirit

Dec 12, 2008, 10:42 PM
C'mon, you guys. This guys is obviously Kickmeoffphonescoop. The new login shows up around the same time he disappeared, his writing has the same timing and punctuation, and it's the same vaguely trollish type.

What really is annoying is how people 1) Are too stupid to realize that this is a troll and 2) WORSE praise him for his 'actions'.

If this wasn't a troll, I would be horrified. And I expect anyone else to be the same. The fact that this post wasn't condemned from the start is a sad, sad reflection on a lot of Christians.
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 10:45 PM
maybe you're "kickmeoffphonescoop" trying to throw up a diversion...
TheBlueSpirit

Dec 12, 2008, 10:46 PM
.... or maybe you are?

๐Ÿ˜

But seriously, this guy first is getting his LOLZ from trolling about cancer patients, and now Christians. It's making me sick.
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 10:47 PM
But your s/n was JUST created...
TheBlueSpirit

Dec 12, 2008, 10:49 PM
EGAD!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Yeah, 'cause usually I lurk around these forums. But seeing people falling for this made me speak out. ๐Ÿ™„
llama

Dec 12, 2008, 10:53 PM
Right...I see right through your subterfuge...
isellphones2tards

Dec 13, 2008, 12:45 PM
I read that person's disgusting posts. I even commented on a few of them - so it wasn't me.

I think it was that first poster. Seemed like a heathen to me!
filerx

Dec 13, 2008, 12:49 PM
OMG! ๐Ÿ˜ฒ Is raycarroll70 back??? ๐Ÿ‘€
isellphones2tards

Dec 13, 2008, 12:51 PM
No. Rich Brome said we can't accuse anyone of being Ray.

But we have our doubts.
filerx

Dec 13, 2008, 12:53 PM
Ah...got it. The truth is out there. I want to believe.
isellphones2tards

Dec 13, 2008, 12:50 PM
Your login is brand new! (I know mine is too, but I used to just read posts. It was the one that Kick wrote about cancer that spurred me to get an account.)

And if you look at your writing, it looks like his/hers. I know it's you! Rich, you should look into this!
Rich Brome

Dec 15, 2008, 5:27 PM
TheBlueSpirit said:
... This guy is obviously Kickmeoffphonescoop. ...

Correct.

Let's move on, shall we? ๐Ÿ™‚
IrishCarBomb

Dec 13, 2008, 9:52 AM
I love your user name and the fact you are a "fan" of religion...
MR.Reme_RHYME

Dec 13, 2008, 11:36 AM
Seems kind of hypocritical to be so intent on spreading the word, but your log in is Isellphones2tards. That's pretty derogatory.... Especially for one that holds themself in high esteem as far as religion is concerned. Check yourself before you try to spread something you portray.

PS I think ISELL is KICK. BLueSPIRIT too.....

My 2 cents
GOne
isellphones2tards

Dec 13, 2008, 12:48 PM
Rich Brome told people that we can't accuse people of Saint Patrick being RayCarroll, and you can't accuse me of being that piece of filth, "Kickmeoffphonescoop".

I wouldn't associate with that sort of white trash.
Ellie004

Dec 13, 2008, 8:35 PM
isellphones2tards said:
I wouldn't associate with that sort of white trash.

Wow.You're so "Christian"

๐Ÿ™„
Soimbored

Dec 13, 2008, 1:48 PM
More than likely this is just a sham to get a rise out of people, but sadly there really are people like this. And this, is one of the many reasons I have not been able to adopt a religion. I have a really tough time putting much faith into Christianity or its subsidiaries mainly for this reason.

Christians don't simply believe, they think they have a right and responsibility to shove it in your face. They will do anything to try to convert you. They stress how happy they are since they have "found Christ." Personally I think most of them are trying to convince themselves they are happy, even when they are not. They say they are trying to do what is best for me by trying to convert me. Christians are not the parents of all the non-christ...
(continues)
PhonemanJ

Dec 13, 2008, 5:02 PM
The thing that a lot of Christians (not all of them, but some) have forgotten is that this country was founded on a basis of freedom of religion. What that means is that you are free to beleive (or not believe) in whatever diety that you want to. That does not mean that you have the right, though, to impose your religious beliefs on others. Yes, the majority of this country is some denomination of Christianity or the other, but that does not mean that Christianity is the belief of every customer who comes in your door. I, as a customer who is not a Christian would be very insulted by such a thing put on my phone. I would call your corporate office, or at least the store, and complain about somebody putting a religious statement on my phone. ...
(continues)
liquidfire

Dec 13, 2008, 5:13 PM
carlin was awesome! and i agree 100% with his statement
cookiesandcreme69

Dec 13, 2008, 9:08 PM
I can't believe you are basically trying to force your religion on people! I'd be highly pissed if someone did that to me considering I do not participate in a religion and don't believe in Jesus. Maybe next time you should actually really consider others and their beliefs before forcing yours down their throats. ๐Ÿ™„
Tmo Slave

Dec 14, 2008, 11:10 AM
Don't feed the trolls...

Just in case it isn't, I would have returned the phone to you and complained to your manager. Its not your place to force your made up cult on people. No one cares what you think they should believe and keep your stupid jesus thing at your church.
aguy-frombc

Dec 14, 2008, 1:21 PM
Well.

Yes your boss is right. There is a line which you cannot cross with customers. I hope you realize that if you did that to the wrong customer they could bring up a lawsuit against your company and possibly your carrier. You would lose your job and your company could lose its license.

Where do you work, so I may illustrate this to you and profit from your blatant stupidity?
Darkwingduk

Dec 15, 2008, 3:04 PM
Yeah he was right. I would have fired you for sure... If I were to purchase a phone from you and you did this I would promptly return it. You are not going to recruit a Christian army via text message... I cant believe you seriously did that. Keep your personal views to yourself. I am not trying to argue whether or not God is real or not, but there is no need to spread your opinion while you are at work like that. If God makes you happy thats fine, who cares? People that want to hear about God go to church. You crossed the line and I think that was an unprofessional move. Sounds like you should be a Jehovah's witness.

This thread has been closed by a moderator.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.