Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 19 replies

WHY with the LAST NAMES?!!?

sms_Queen

Dec 5, 2008, 4:41 PM
So...when I worked at Sprint, we did not have to give out our last name. in fact, we were told not to. we could give out our ID and department and things like that, but never our last name...NOW, I have to give my LAST NAME on EVERY SINGLE CALL!! And i have a VERY unique last name. In fact, I'm the only one with my name in our company...and the only people in the country with my last name are my relatives...So, needless to say, giving my last name is not something I want to do...especailly to mad custies...NOT FAIR!! ๐Ÿ˜ก
ralph_on_me

Dec 5, 2008, 4:43 PM
Talk to you HR department. You should be allowed to create a work approved fake name to give to people.

It's kind of like when you call India and talk to Steve.
illinformedcustomer

Dec 5, 2008, 4:45 PM
Are you saying that Steve isn't a popular name in India. I can't believe they would lie like that
custservguru

Dec 5, 2008, 4:56 PM
no no, they are getting much more creative than just steve. ive spoke with an MC, candy, daisy, and some others i cant currently think of but it made me laugh when i heard em. i remembered MC bc when i repeated it back to the guy to make sure I was right, he said, "you know, like the popular rapper?" hahaha ๐Ÿคฃ
liquidfire

Dec 5, 2008, 4:58 PM
when i worked dsl tech support, i had to call router and computer manuf. all the time for additional support.

i talked to elivs at least twice a week and Jesus was on the phone a few times a month
custservguru

Dec 5, 2008, 5:04 PM
yea, its pretty funny the names they give themselves bc we wont be able to understand them.. heck, sometimes i cant even understand the new name they are given.
Nadesico81

Dec 9, 2008, 3:17 AM
Yea it is like that seen in the New Transformers Movie where the Special Ops guys are calling for help and they get an Indian Operator.

*Indian Accent*

"Iรƒยขรขโ€šยฌโ„ขm sorry sir yelling will not make the transaction go faster."

I once talked to a John Big Bottom when I called HP tech support.
JesusSaves

Dec 9, 2008, 8:21 AM
Susie Big Top?
sms_Queen

Dec 5, 2008, 5:52 PM
We have...it's a standard here. apparently everyone in the company has to do it. and so do regular cust care reps. it really sucks, though. i just had a furious custy that got charged for his warranty replacement because of that crazy red dot we keep sticking on the phones, and he asked for my last name again (cuz i had to state it at the beginng of the call, too) and i had to tell him...and then he said that he would find me and make my life miserable! no lie! this is so scary!
dualitycomplex

Dec 5, 2008, 11:20 PM
sucks to hear, but arent your calls recorded? inform your sup, bring it up at a meeting, and if i rememeber reading something awhile back working for the cell companies technicaly makes us all employees of the utlity companies and any threats against us are considered felonies, and of course this is just technicly right and after all that is the best kind of right.
TMoGuy

Dec 6, 2008, 3:58 PM
dualitycomplex said:
sucks to hear, but arent your calls recorded? inform your sup, bring it up at a meeting, and if i rememeber reading something awhile back working for the cell companies technicaly makes us all employees of the utlity companies and any threats against us are considered felonies, and of course this is just technicly right and after all that is the best kind of right.

That's interesting, I never heard that before. Hmmm. Sounds good though!
jonnygee007

Dec 6, 2008, 4:38 PM
You don't have your last name on your name tag or business card? In my company we have to have our whole name on both, but we are trying to get it changed to just an initial because we had a few situations to where customers were tracking employees down on myspace and facebook.
softshoe

Dec 6, 2008, 4:01 PM
Actually I think it is considered an act of Terrorism which is yes technically a felony but way more serious than assault.
jonnygee007

Dec 6, 2008, 4:49 PM
Thats insane. You should not have to deal with that at work. We had a rep at a verizon fios store get beat up a angry customer went behind the desk and beat the crap out of him. Thank god for video cameras the guy was arrested
TMoGuy

Dec 6, 2008, 3:53 PM
I guess I can see what the issue would be, however, I don't really feel for you. Not to sound rude, but your on the phone with people and they don't even know where you are. Try working in a retail store with business cards with your full name and address where they can FIND you and deal with them face to face. They know where you work, what you look like and your full name. Just comes with the territory my friend.
sms_Queen

Dec 8, 2008, 1:31 PM
Oh yeah...that for sure would be worse...I never even thought about that...well, i know i'll never try to xfer to a store...
TMoGuy

Dec 12, 2008, 12:19 PM
Ha Ha! Good call! ๐Ÿ™‚
lxav06

Dec 8, 2008, 1:06 PM
1) i am curiuos of the last name
and 2) that is why i do not give me full name.
there are a million leo's out there and makes it easier to be found when you have a common latino last name.
sms_Queen

Dec 8, 2008, 1:33 PM
lol, i'm not going to give my last name out over the internet ๐Ÿ‘€ ...i did, however, change my last name on my myspace to just "D" instead of the whole name, just in case some silly customers decided to look me up.
Tmo Slave

Dec 8, 2008, 1:11 PM
We use to have our last names on our name tags but they recently changed that. Its a good thing because our store has some interesting last names. Needless to say our customers are very witty and original in their jokes. ๐Ÿ™„

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.