Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Samsung Rewards

Crapbag

Nov 4, 2008, 5:19 PM
What a joke.

Thank you for your recent participation in Samsung Rewards. As you are aware, the program was terminated on September 23, 2008, and we are ready to begin final program validation. This measure allows Samsung Mobile a final review and will award all valid participants with their earned points in the program. We would like to provide you the opportunity to receive a Visa Debit Card for the value of your remaining points. If you have any questions, you may reach our call center at 800 349-7864.
To validate your account, we must receive the following information:
Cover Page: Please review and complete the cover page and update for any changes. You must complete and include the cover page with your submitted info
(continues)
Crapbag

Nov 4, 2008, 5:21 PM
I suppose you can email or fax them, but it'll still be a pain to go back and find every samsung sale I've made during the rewards program, print it out, then scan to email or fax. I already spent the time putting the damn sales in in the first place!
T-Monster

Nov 4, 2008, 5:28 PM
I haven't gotten that perticular e-mail yet, but didn't they say that you only have to submit proof for a few random sales? If they're saying that you have to submit ALL of them, then there's gonna be a problem.
Crapbag

Nov 4, 2008, 5:32 PM
Ah, maybe it's just the three. That's not so bad I suppose. 🙂
silvabullit

Nov 4, 2008, 8:50 PM
hopefully we just have to send in a sample...i mean damn i have 200,000 points! That would be a huge pain in the ass to print those all out write the stuff on every receipt and circle what they want and mail them in...

I wonder how much $$ 200,000 points will be????

I havent received this email yet either 😈
dustin.gery

Nov 5, 2008, 6:34 PM
half A cent per point is what someone told me earlier today
attgrl

Nov 5, 2008, 10:00 AM
I just received mine today- I had only maybe 11000 points unredeemed and they are having me submit 15. It will take forever to find the info I need. Does anyone know how much money we get for our points? I wonder if it is worth it.
SEM

Nov 5, 2008, 10:12 AM
I also just recieved mine, I had about 75,000 sales saved up and they are telling me to verify 27 of my sales.
attgrl

Nov 5, 2008, 10:20 AM
I just called- it is a half penny per point, that's not very much...
T-Monster

Nov 5, 2008, 10:22 AM
so 2,000 points is $10. Not all that bad. I think I have about 95,000 to redeem, so that should be about $475. I can work with that 🤤
silvabullit

Nov 5, 2008, 4:04 PM
so my 200,000 is a $1,000 dollars! Sweet! 😎
dustin.gery

Nov 6, 2008, 12:47 PM
$1000 youll eventually have to pay tax on ☚ī¸ since you have to fill out a w-9 and send it with the other stuff required... im getting about $600 bucks which hopefully will come before or around the holidays...
Crapbag

Nov 6, 2008, 4:01 PM
Lame. I had enough for GOW2, that'll only net me about $30.00 in a debit card.
cellboothmgr

Nov 6, 2008, 3:11 PM
what happens if my company doesnt keep records of all this? they sent me an email of ESN's but they arent the ESN's my company keeps on file, and we only keep sales on file for roughly 30 days and sometimes not even that long. anyone know?
silvabullit

Nov 6, 2008, 4:47 PM
what about customer privacy?

are we supposed to whiteout their names and addresses???
user68201

Nov 6, 2008, 5:28 PM
2k down the drain. This is going to take forever!

Anyone know how the conversion goes for hex to dec, the standard doesnt work.
Ive got this so far...
A1000000=2701131776 but the last 8 digits are fecked up.
Ransom9954

Nov 6, 2008, 6:39 PM
Hey if you wondering how to convert shoot me an email I'll shoot you the file. michael.bowers@superiorwirelessconcepts.com
phatbasstard

Nov 8, 2008, 10:51 AM
Does anyone know what program i need to open the cover sheet? word is not working
susu737

Nov 8, 2008, 3:18 PM
its a pdf file
phatbasstard

Nov 8, 2008, 6:24 PM
the w-9 is a pdf but the cover letter is .docx and it will not open as a word doc or a pdf
kapwww

Nov 8, 2008, 9:34 PM
docx is the new word format used on Office for Mac 2008. Not sure if it is also used on the latest PC version or not. The person who created the document should have saved it in a more compatible format. The new Word gives the option to save as .doc. They probably just weren't thinking. There may be a viewer or office update available to at least view the document though perhaps not edit.
kpbboyed

Nov 8, 2008, 3:04 PM
ok ... well i'm wondering what they do with W-9 form cause i don't pay taxes because i work parttime. i don't know what to do. should i just fill out w-9 form and send it?? eventhough i don't pay tax at work???
T-Monster

Nov 8, 2008, 7:34 PM
Umm...unless your working under the table, you'd still be paying taxes even if you worked part time. Fill out the w-9 and u'll get a statement around tax time from samsung to pay the taxes you owe.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.