Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 36 replies

What's the worst thing you've ever seen done to a phone?

T-Monster

Nov 4, 2008, 8:29 PM
Figured this one can be entertaining.

I had a guy bring me a sidekick in a biohazard bag from his university saying that he needed a new one. Apparently he had been at a party a few nights ago and everyone was completely sloshed. His left his sidekick in his room. I'm not sure if i can believe this but he said someone had gone into his room thinking that it was the bathroom, saw the sidekick, thought it was a urnial, and pissed all over it. He brought it to the IT department the next day, and they put it in a biohazard bag and said there was nothing they could do.

I'd have said the guy was bull****ing me, but he had the biohazard bag to prove it!
SEM

Nov 4, 2008, 8:47 PM
Had a guy come in with a bag of materials that I could not distinguish. He informed me that his phone went through the woodchipper and that the bag contained the parts he could find haha.
Hombre07

Nov 5, 2008, 2:00 AM
I had a guy pull a similar. Said he still had a bag phone, pulled out a ziplock baggie. Parts of his phone after the lawnmower had its way with it.
Ask The Shack

Nov 5, 2008, 10:29 AM
Where I work, we have the same thing. A guy sent it in for a warranty repair. Needless to say, it wasn't covered. We still have it hanging around here in a bag.

We also have a phone here that a forest range sent in. He droped it while he was fighting a forest fire, and found it afterwords. It still works! It's burt to hell tho.
dummy61104

Nov 5, 2008, 11:18 AM
i had a guy come in with a RAZR2 he said it was a POS because he thinks it wont work after he drops it a few times, because he works high in scaffolding, so he broke a perfectly good phone right in front of one of my associates and wanted a new one that will take a fall.

ps: he said he doesnt have a fruity job like selling cellphones to me and said he works a real job.

please give me your feedback.
Menno

Nov 5, 2008, 11:36 AM
So he enjoys the sensation of straddling steel bars between his legs? 🙄

Someone has to do sales, or no one would open stores, and there would be no need for construction workers.
computerking

Nov 11, 2008, 4:04 PM
I had a lawn care employee do that but it was a very large commercial grade mower. hehehe
silvabullit

Nov 5, 2008, 4:12 PM
pics of fat naked chicks on a phone 🤣
ajlineman

Nov 11, 2008, 3:34 PM
My parent's dog ate my sister phone whole... after a week and 5 vet trips she got the phone back... needless to say it didn't work...
I told her to call the Warranty dept...
They didn't go for it
Too bad ya didn't have insurance.
computerking

Nov 11, 2008, 4:05 PM
A bakery employee brought one to, she dropped her v3m into a 5 gallon pale of frosting
computerking

Nov 11, 2008, 4:07 PM
a family member of mine brought me his phone to "clean"

turns out he had diarrhea and was rushing to the bathroom but accidentally dropped his old nokia into the toilet but couldn't hold in him "presents" any longer and proceeded to go in the toilet before retrieving the device.

the whole thing was filled with poo
KingTiger

Nov 12, 2008, 2:31 PM
😳

Did he try to make you clean it?
computerking

Nov 12, 2008, 4:46 PM
IT STILL WORKED AFTERWORDS TOO!!! #1 reason I love Nokia

Rubber gloves and alot of hot water running through the phone got it clean.
KingTiger

Nov 12, 2008, 5:29 PM
😳 😳 Wow. That is amazing. Especially after you ran MORE water through it. Hooray for Nokia 😁
computerking

Nov 12, 2008, 7:27 PM
remember its not how much water it had....its how you dry it out!
ajlineman

Nov 12, 2008, 8:58 PM
Just in case I have to dry out a poopy phone in the future.... what is the proper processes for drying a phone?
And another quick question for ya...
WHY did you agree to clean out one of your reletive's poopy phones in the first place?
computerking

Nov 14, 2008, 10:10 AM
Why did I....now thats a great question and I have nooo idea
bbluv4u

Nov 11, 2008, 5:13 PM
Talked to someone once who had drop his phone in water and let it sit out to dry but then someone told him to put it in rice because it would dry faster. Somewhere, this guy gets the ingenious idea to put the phone in the microwave.....WITH the rice! He melted a hole in the screen and there was rice burnt into the phone. He thought he could get a warranty replacement because it was dry and still didn't work.
computerking

Nov 11, 2008, 6:36 PM
I had a former employee take a loaner one time. He dropped it in water and then proceeded to dry it over a lit bbq grill and dropped the phone in the grill.
kapwww

Nov 11, 2008, 8:05 PM
Saw on that fell onto the heating element of an electric oven. Melted the flip joint shut. At least the guy didn't expect it to be replaced for free. Insurance had already dropped his daughter for killing too many phones and he knew what retail was on the phone he was replacing. Dropped the cash and thanked me for my help.
punk01

Nov 12, 2008, 11:37 AM
A few months ago I had a guy come in and put this ball of something on my desk, (it was his phone) he dropped it in the pool got it out and put it in a gas oven on a cookie sheet he said. Then this nice crazy man asked could it be repaired.. HMMMMMMMM... NO 😳
Saint.Patrick

Nov 12, 2008, 11:43 AM
I guy from the local zoo bring in a handset he had dropped in a pile of elephant dung.
KingTiger

Nov 12, 2008, 2:46 PM
I had a guy who had one of the Motorola V3A phones, which were all pretty bad phones. He was upset because there was a software glitch or something and it wasn't covered by warranty anymore, and he didn't have insurance. He & I & my store manager went back and forth for 20 or 30 minutes before he got really angry and ripped the phone apart with his hands. Then he realized how dumb that was, calmed down, and bought a new phone at outright price.
BigShowJB

Nov 13, 2008, 8:07 PM
please tell me the moron bought another v3a...
KingTiger

Nov 14, 2008, 11:36 AM
lol, I really can't remember what he bought. I think he bought an LG 8600.
krickt

Nov 13, 2008, 2:58 PM
Hey, guys, long time, no post!

Do you know what a pepper roaster is? It's a hopper that rotates over an open flame while the peppers tumble around inside. One of my customers uses one to make home made salsa.

Well, when you accidentally drop your phone in one (he didn't feel it fall out of his overalls), and let the peppers roast, it comes out looking like a rock. The charging port was sealed over, the flip was sealed shut (no evidence of even being two peices) the battery was still in it, but empty, it's a sight to see. He wanted to know if I could get his phone numbers out. I told him if he could power it on and find the data port, maybe. He didn't laugh. He bought a used phone and left.
We keep it on display along with the ...
(continues)
kapwww

Nov 13, 2008, 9:28 PM
Welcome back...and I hope he didn't eat or use the peppers after poisoning them with melted plastic toxins. Couldn't be good for the health...
metalsmokearsenal

Nov 13, 2008, 3:30 PM
its an E1000 yes crappy phone I know don't remind me...

Used it as a bottle opener, cause there wasn't present... 😎

Thats how we do!
BigShowJB

Nov 13, 2008, 8:05 PM
my former coworker used to work for this OneCellular company and one of his customers wanted to cancel five lines of service after only 2 months (at $20/line/month: total $2200) if they wouldn't insurance replace his Nokia 6100 because of the moisture damage it suffered.

As most of us know, that phone's vibration is quite strong, which is one feature he wanted when he bought it. Turns out that the strong vibration wasn't being used for call notification in a falirly loud environment or for during meetings. At least not business meetings. He was using it as a sex toy on, or rather IN his wife, and he wants it replaced because it did not vibrate like it had before.

the story came out because there was some moisture in the keys, and the ...
(continues)
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 13, 2008, 9:28 PM
I am presented with a phone by a customer that says it "doesn't work" because of an incident her cousin had with it. (VX6700 with Verizon, some of you might remember it.) I ask what's wrong with it.

"It won't work at all."

Okay. So I try to take the back off the phone. No dice.

I told her, "Ma'am, it doesn't appear I can get the backing off this phone. Was it spilled in juice, soda... wood glue?"

Her reply, "Naw, Rodney got stabbed. He bled on it a lot. I cleaned it up with some hot water though."

😲 😲

It's then I notice some light red smudging on the corners. This lady was not joking. If you've ever worked at Hilltop Mall in Richmond, CA, you'll know this sort of story is normal.

Blood in phone. Gross on a different...
(continues)
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah this makes me depressed...
I don't miss cali... at all
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 13, 2008, 10:10 PM
Not all of California is violent.

Just the parts that people live in.
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 13, 2008, 10:10 PM
Oh, and bears too. They're EXTRA violent.
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 10:17 PM
LOL! I agree. I must say I do miss the fishing there... california goldens were so much fun to fish for.
What do bears have to do with anything? LOL
Did you get that phone working?
kickmeoffphonescoop

Nov 13, 2008, 10:46 PM
That phone wouldn't work if you sprinkled it with crystal meth.
ajlineman

Nov 13, 2008, 11:04 PM
LMFAO!
BigShowJB

Nov 15, 2008, 8:34 PM
blood-logged? was the phone the weapon actually used to stab cuzzin Rodney?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.