Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 34 replies

Question for Indirect Employees

SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 1:49 PM
I work for an indirect agent in a mall with 2 other stores selling the same carrier, one of them is corporate. I'm sure you all have heard the question "Whats the difference between you and the other store?", referring to corporate. What do you guys usually respond with?
BLEDSOE

Sep 11, 2008, 1:52 PM
That as an indirect we are here as a "Go Between" for the customer. It is my job to make sure that everything is what they need and is going to benefit them. Once they deal with me they need not deal with anyone else.

Make it seem like you are their cell phone "God".
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 1:55 PM
depends on the actuall differences between you and coorperate.

In my job, we are extrodinarily similar. There are few things we can't do outside of bill reprints and reconnections.

explain to them like this, "Mr. Customer, I am not a coorperate location. As such I am much more involved in getting you what you want and need, so that I can keep you as my customer. Coorperate really couldn't care less as they've already had you for so long. Please let me do ALL that I can."
caca

Sep 11, 2008, 1:58 PM
since ur so into commas, periods, and apostrophes...

id figure ud be into spelling as well
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 2:05 PM
yeah,

btu you gto the piont right?

I meen you cuold be a dikc and piont out little spelling issues, nda all.

Or yuo could save yur time and move hte f(ku alng.

😁
caca

Sep 11, 2008, 2:13 PM
bet u wont misspell corporate again.

was doing u a favor sheesh...

inconsiderate ppl 🙄
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 2:26 PM
lol.

Thanks for that.

I will work on it.

.appologies. 😁
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 2:26 PM
friend? ☚ī¸
caca

Sep 11, 2008, 2:40 PM
fu(k you douche! 😈

Ok NOW ... apology accepted 😁

haha
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 2:18 PM
Mr. Customer, I am not a coorperate location. As such I am much more involved in getting you what you want and need, so that I can keep you as my customer. Coorperate really couldn't care less as they've already had you for so long. Please let me do ALL that I can."

You forgot to mention that once the customer activates with you, if they have any issues, that you would typically send them down to the corporate store because you don't feel like dealing with the issue.

I've worked both sides of the spectrum and I know how it is, so please don't try to convince me otherwise. Sometimes it's because your systems can't do as much as a corporate store and sometimes it's because you just simply don't feel like dealing
(continues)
SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 2:27 PM
If we are ever found bashing any other store, be it another indirect or a corporate location, we are in trouble. The owners of my store stress to never bad mouth anyone, all that does is hurt our credibility. Granted, as an indirect, there are things we cannot do, such as over-the-counter warranty replacements past the first 30-days. If that situation arrises, we offer the customer two solutions. First we will offer to sit down with them and call in the warranty replacement, but if the customer refuses that, we direct them to the corporate store.
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 2:45 PM
And that's what I mean when I say, "There are a fw indirect dealrs out there that are amazing at what they do." I'm guessing that you actually are in that category. I'm not here to bash indirects, because I don't do it in my store. It's unethical.

Here is how I would explain it:

"Well, the corporate store is owned, operated, and staffed by (Company name). We however are not, but have been authorized and certified by (Company Name) to sell and support their products and services. There may be instances where we may carry a different model then the corporate store, but for the most part everything is the same." (This is the part where you sell YOURSELF to the customer and explain to them why they should do business with you rather than ...
(continues)
SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 2:48 PM
I know you didnt mean anything bad to all indirects, I was just stating my case to give us some credibility back 🙂. That answer is exactly what I was looking for too, thank you!
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 3:13 PM
That answer is exactly what I was looking for too, thank you!

No problem! 😁
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 3:00 PM
well said.

had i of put a little more effort into my post I woulda come up with someing simular.

I don't bash corperate. I jsut know what my customers seem to think. again not all corperate just the locals.
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 3:20 PM
well said.

had i of put a little more effort into my post I woulda come up with someing simular.

I don't bash corperate. I jsut know what my customers seem to think. again not all corperate just the locals

No hard feelings! 😁
cellfiend

Sep 11, 2008, 3:01 PM
TMoGuy said:
I'm not here to bash indirects, because I don't do it in my store. It's unethical.

Yeah right. Look at your original post where you claim that the only thing an indirect can do is activate and that is it. This is utter nonsense and corporate has to tell customers our phones are refurbished because all the prices on new are so much lower. I however have taken the high road, and do the exact same thing to places with even lower prices. 😁

But still I wouldn't go on the Internet and make BS claims about how indirects fail to operate.
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 3:54 PM
Actually, I never once said that the only thing an indirect can do is activate. I said, in so many words that most indirects only care about the activation and not what comes with the activation, i.e. customer service and support. You would rather send them over to the corporate store. Please try to make a valid point next time. Thank you.

Just so you know, no, I don't bash indirects. I explain to my customers exactly what I wrote earlier to SEM. That's how I describe it.
cellfiend

Sep 11, 2008, 3:59 PM
TMoGuy said:
I said, in so many words that most indirects only care about the activation and not what comes with the activation, i.e. customer service and support. You would rather send them over to the corporate store.

Again, that's utter BS just like the corporate store we need them to keep their phones for 30 days which means we have to do everything in our power to ensure 110% customer satisfaction.

Just so you know, no, I don't bash indirects. I explain to my customers exactly what I wrote earlier to SEM. That's how I describe it.

You misrepresent dealers with the same products for cheaper and flat out lie. It's "bashing" no matter how you sugar coat it.
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 4:41 PM

Again, that's utter BS just like the corporate store we need them to keep their phones for 30 days which means we have to do everything in our power to ensure 110% customer satisfaction.

Actually, we need to keep our customers for 6 months to avoid any chargebacks, which includes customer call backs, and excellent customer service. You said you only need 30 days? Seriously?! That still doesn't mean you don't send them over to a corporate store, and guess what, when you do, it's our responsibilty to retain that sale for you, and quite honestly, we do everything we can. It just gets annoying that you can't attempt to help your customer without going to your scapegoat.

About the whole bashing thing. You can call...
(continues)
SEM

Sep 11, 2008, 4:50 PM
Just to clear things up, I am an idirect also and we need to keep customers active for six months also to avoid any chargebacks.
cellboothmgr

Sep 14, 2008, 7:31 PM
here's a valid point, indirect dealer's dont directly make any money off of providing customer service. unfortunately we make money when customers keep phones for whatever the chargeback period is(30 days, 6months). im my opinion, after working on both sides of the industry, it's "corporate's" fault. they don't give indirect dealers any incentive to do more than the the 30 day or 6mos it takes to keep customers. also, they don't give indirects the same systems for a reason, no matter how good or bad the indirect is they bought from, the carrier still wants to give every customer part of their culture and provide "the customer experience." both sides of the game have their pros and cons.
cellfiend

Sep 11, 2008, 3:03 PM
I go straight to the issue of pricing because money is their first and major concern. If they want to trust me they can do so in the coarse of the conversation on the rapport I subtly built, I am not going to BS them and waste both of our times.
Orgnizd K-os

Sep 11, 2008, 3:43 PM
I am an indirect retailer as well. The corporate store in our area bashes us and the other indirect retailers. I have customers tell me all the time that they were told (by corporate) we sell refurbished, used phones or discontinued phones. And that our phones are not branded with the company name. Our prices our usually the same if not better than the corporate store. As SEM said, i try my best to assist the customer with their needs. I RARELY ever send them down the road. They usually go on their own. ( and later regret it)

Even when the customer comes in and starts complaining about corporate such, i do start complaining with them. I just smile and ask how i can help. 🙂
TMoGuy

Sep 11, 2008, 4:51 PM
In most cases, indirect dealers DO sell refurbished or discounted phones. Explaining that to a customer is not bashing. They deserve to know the truth about the product they are purchasing. That doesn't mean that the Corporate store is bashing. If I am sitting there saying to the customer, "You don't want to go down there, all they sell is used and refurbished phones and they are squirrly." then yes, I am in the wrong. However, if I explain to them that some of the devices they sell may be refurbished or used, not all of them, but you may run across that... Then there is nothing wrong with that.
cellboothmgr

Sep 14, 2008, 7:17 PM
yeah, most indirect dealers do sell discounted phones...why not. indirects have the ability to worry about the bottom line and not investors and stupid attatchment rates. if corporate stores could do it without indirect dealers, they would. since the fact is they can't, indirects will be around for a very very long time.
GRitzma

Sep 16, 2008, 11:41 AM
the only experience I have ever had with an indirect is a bad one, then again the only one we have in our area is the mobile solutions, which are the dredges of indirect dealers they literally do lie cheat and steal...... I wish the T would just wash there hands of them
aguy-frombc

Sep 11, 2008, 2:31 PM
well it shows what you know about how I opperate.

In fact I have refered in my entire career in this field a total of maybe 10 customers to coorperate for issues that I simply couldn't fix. They were "lemon law" claims, equipment returns from internet or corperate store purchases, billing reprints.

I take great pride in all my customers and they each appreicate my concern. I have had few disconnects but all those that are performed are performed personally if at all possible.

Frankly it's called referrals and I get a LOT OF THEM. So keep on trucking with that flawless wit of yours; so far from the point that you'd sooner find bin laden or Alah than the point.

đŸ‘ŋ .Noob.
BLEDSOE

Sep 11, 2008, 2:42 PM
Why would i send a customer to a corporate store?? That is DUMB. They are for all intents and purposes the competetion! I want the customer to ALWAYS come to me...and bring all their friends to buys stuff...
caca

Sep 11, 2008, 2:43 PM
loyalty siht is good and all ...

but its all about the money! 😎 but with good service as well 😁

i wouldnt send siht 2 another store
BLEDSOE

Sep 11, 2008, 2:45 PM
Exactly!!!!! I mean for all i know that other store is having a really good sale and mr. customer decides to add a line or two while they are there...BS. Not happening!!!
cellfiend

Sep 11, 2008, 2:57 PM
No ****!
cellfiend

Sep 11, 2008, 2:56 PM
TMoGuy said:
to mention that once the customer activates with you, if they have any issues, that you would typically send them down to the corporate store because you don't feel like dealing with the issue.

This is utter nonsense. I'm not going to read the rest of this thread. We don't make anything unless they keep the phones we aren't just obliged to help them out we strive to make sure they are as happy as possible. Of course after 30 days I could care less but I do my best to try to steal corporate custies.
cellboothmgr

Sep 14, 2008, 7:32 PM
hahahaha, so funny. đŸ¤Ŗ
cellfiend

Sep 11, 2008, 2:54 PM
Since you're in the mall the only thing you can do is memorize the competitor's prices and offer them better ones..if you got them. If you don't you're SOL. Also if you don't do MIR I would mention that because MIR are a bitch.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.