Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Crazy people should not own cell phones

Nikoletta

Aug 26, 2008, 11:00 PM
Ok... so I get a lot of what I classify as "Crazy-wacky-nut-jobs" but I had one just now that made me sit back and go "Are you for real?" She was that nuts.

So setting the stage.

It's 8:45 PM Pacific time, she's in Texas where it is nearly 11 PM. She places an order for a charger and selects overnight shipping. On the site where she placed the order it says that orders placed after 4 PM Pacific will not ship until the following day.

When I get the order to complete I notice the overnight shipping and, before completing it, advise her again that it will not ship until tomorrow and will arrive Thursday, not Wednesday. She agrees "That's Fine" she says.

I say, great, let me get this completed. It will take 2-3 minutes for the j...
(continues)
TacTiqs

Aug 27, 2008, 7:11 AM
Why not just tell her she can return it when it arrives so she can get a refund?

Good story though!
Pious Goddess

Aug 27, 2008, 10:08 AM
Yeah, just refuse shipment.
Nikoletta

Aug 27, 2008, 10:56 AM
Oh no, refusing shipment is much worse than accepting the package and sending it back.

You see we have return shipping labels in every package because our return center is different from the place the package ships OUT from. If a customer refuses shipment the package will first sit at UPS for 3 days then go back to the Texas location where it may sit for up to a week before they slow-boat ship it to the Georgia center... If the customer accepts, opens, and reseals the package with our paid return label it takes 7 days to get back to Georgia instead of up to three weeks so the customer is two weeks ahead on getting that refund.
BigShowJB

Aug 27, 2008, 10:58 AM
or she can accept the shipment and take her charger and receipt to a corporate t-mo store to get a refund. (after she digs it out of her ass four days later since you're wanting to shove it up that far right?)
Nikoletta

Aug 27, 2008, 12:47 PM
Pretty much.

She really made me mad and I ended up noting her order that she was NOT to be credited shipping. She was advised of the timeline REPEATEDLY and I got really sick of her abuse. I never loose my temper like that but she really got under my skin.
Nikoletta

Aug 27, 2008, 10:53 AM
I DID! THAT wasn't good enough either, nor was the fact that we pay for return shipping ourselves.
Nikoletta

Aug 27, 2008, 12:50 PM
So that was all last night. Today I get all the crazies.

This woman calls in saying she never placed any orders with us but has a $150 charge on her card from us and that it isn't valid.

I want to help her, I'm nice like that. So I go through all sorts of loops, track down a credit manager and find the offending order, all this time thinking it's fraud. She's insisted that she placed no orders with us.

I find an order, it was placed in her name, for a non-contract line. I go back and talk to her and lo and behold she has the phone in hand, she DID Order it...

Her complaint. She was convinced that the phone should have been free and she should only have to pay 59.99 for the service (there were taxes as well.) So her story kep...
(continues)
Pious Goddess

Aug 27, 2008, 1:28 PM
Oh well, then you will love this one!

I get a call from a lady who says she has a phone on her acct that was charged 5k in international charges for roaming. She tells me we are not going to talk about that. And I am thinking okay, but wondering why she was not given a clear answer on what happened and as to why we can put such charges on her acct and credit them. So I restore her line and activate the new sim card. Then she goes in to talking about the other phone with all the charges. And once again says she did not want to talk about it.

So after I make sure her phone works with a test call. She then "demands" a clean answer as to what happened for those charges because she keeps saying that we put those charges there and made it s...
(continues)
xombyme

Aug 27, 2008, 2:38 PM
dude the best is when i used to work for us cellular like 2 or 3 people a week would come into the store and ask why a us cellular charge was on their credit card. after months of calling care and finding no leads i had customers bring in their bills from visa and such at lo and behold it says blah blah amount us cellular. then i remembered that one of our stadiums around here is the us cellular center and whenever you bought something from there is just shows us cellular
Nikoletta

Aug 27, 2008, 1:12 PM
So it's officially Crazy Day and nobody bothered to tell me.

This looney says she placed an order and wants to exchange, she was told we were sending her a return label... which we do... usually... with our orders.

I search, her only order is over 18 months old. She is just SURE we are doing an exchange. We aren't, she's outside of that CONTRACT, nevermind the return period.

This conversation goes on for about five minutes and she finally screams obscenities and hangs up on me.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.