Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

Sometimes a customer needs to be told that he's a jackass...

devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 11:51 AM
Most people would say "kill em with kindness", and in most cases that works, but there are still a few customers that you really need to just lay into and let them know that they are a real jackass. Such is the case with my customer i just had a few minutes ago.

JAC = Jackass customer

Me: Hows it going sir? What are you looking for today?

JAC: So i see verizon is finally carrying Blackberry's now?

Me: Well verizon has been carrying Blackberry's for quite awhile now. Is that something you're inter.......

JAC: Listen,don't give me no bullshit. I know they havent had them for that long.

Me: 👿

JAC: How much is that one?

Me: Which one sir?

JAC: This one, the one i'm pointing at.

Me: Well there are 2 different ...
(continues)
JaydenW

Aug 20, 2008, 12:56 PM
This makes me truly happy.

Thank you.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:05 PM
It was my pleasure. I do what I can to get a little revenge once in awhile. I'm glad you liked it.
disgruntledtech

Aug 20, 2008, 1:18 PM
killing them with kindness only works if they are pissed off about something, not so much if they are an ass from the start. You did the right thing.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:05 PM
Thanks, i appreciate it.
Pious Goddess

Aug 20, 2008, 1:19 PM
Lol did you truly say that?
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:07 PM
Yeah. Pretty much word for word. I'm usually a pretty patient guy, but there are those customers that just deserve to hear what we really all want to say to them. I've got no problem with telling them off when they start acting like real a-holes.
Pious Goddess

Aug 20, 2008, 2:15 PM
I've told a customer "whatever" once when I was trying to assist them. Sure that is not as bad as what you said but giving the context of the situation I was out of line and could not believe I did that. P.S. is that a new Pic?
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:19 PM
Yeah new pic. got tired of the old one.
lowtechlou

Aug 20, 2008, 1:21 PM
MY VERSION OF THESE EVENTS

JAC = Jackass customer

Me: Hows it going sir? What are you looking for today?

JAC: So i see verizon is finally carrying Blackberry's now?

Me: Well verizon has been carrying Blackberry's for quite awhile now. Is that something you're inter.......

JAC: Listen,don't give me no bull****. I know they havent had them for that long.

Me: I leap over the counter feet first and plant them squarley in the customers chest.
he falls back into a nearby stationary store display of thumb tacks. stunned from the pain he lays there and groans.

Me: I dragg him back to the kiosk and say " I am sorry sir I have anger issues and you just pissed me off!"

Me: "NOW DO YOU WANT TO UPGRADE YOUR SERVICE??"
"OR START...
(continues)
cellchick1103

Aug 20, 2008, 1:30 PM
🤣
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 1:56 PM
LMAO

I have to admit, that really is what happened. i just left the gory details out cause i didnt want to be a bad example for my fellow Phonescoopers.
Pious Goddess

Aug 20, 2008, 1:58 PM
Lol oh please! I would not mind a good gory story! Makes my day at work better!
Kyoichi

Aug 20, 2008, 1:53 PM
You sir, ar teh WINRAR. 😈
Kyoichi

Aug 20, 2008, 1:54 PM
are*
lowtechlou

Aug 20, 2008, 2:19 PM
Later this customer was seen fighting with a man dressed in a chicken costume.

He refused to get off of the cellphone as he was trying to order a bucket of chicken at LUCKY-CLUCKIES chicken joint.

though no one witnessed the complete altercation. The customer had to be rushed to the hospital to have his cellphone removed from his rectum.

now at the meer site of fried chicken this customer cries for hours.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:22 PM
🤣
liquidfire

Aug 20, 2008, 2:32 PM
wow. yea i've been there before and wanted to just go off on someone, but havent done it......yet

high-five for that one!
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:40 PM
High five right back at ya.
liquidfire

Aug 20, 2008, 2:45 PM
now sell a blackberry to the next 10 people that you see 👿
the Communist Manifesto

Aug 20, 2008, 2:50 PM
BRAVO!! *insert standing ovation* Dude, you are my hero.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:54 PM
*takes a bow*
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 2:53 PM
I sold one on monday. Slow day today. Not many people in the mall today.
Nikoletta

Aug 20, 2008, 3:48 PM
You, Sir, are Niki's new Hero.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 3:49 PM
😁 😁 😁
the Communist Manifesto

Aug 20, 2008, 3:50 PM
Why do we, as reps, feel the need to be spineless? Why do we not stand up for ourselves? Why is it when we are being treated as less than human we are afraid of corp for coming down on us? If we have a customer who is treating us as if we are an animal we should have the RIGHT to stand up to this customer.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 4:00 PM
Exactly. I guess some of us may be afraid of the consequences. We're told that no matter how the customer acts towards us we're supposed to remain professional and not lash out against the customer. It's understandable, but only because the company we work for is only looking out for thier good name. They don't really care if thier employees are treated as less than human. They only care that the customer doesnt walk away and tell everyone how bad of an experience they had with said company. F that though. Like I said before, i can deal with most angry and beligerant customers professionaly, but there are just those few here and there that need to be put into thier place. We need to let them know that just becuase we work for ABC wireless, w...
(continues)
the Communist Manifesto

Aug 20, 2008, 4:02 PM
agreed
Kamui

Aug 20, 2008, 4:17 PM
You still have that right. However, if you choose to exercise said right, you generally forfeit your job since most companies want their customer service reps to be spineless doormats.
Tmo Slave

Aug 20, 2008, 4:05 PM
I've had a similar experience but never called them a jackass. The guy was being a complete A-hole like your guy. I finally had to tell him that he was being rude and not allowing me to help him. So he got all pissy and stormed out.

But good show on putting that guy in his place. I think we would all love to do that atleast once.
devilsmafia

Aug 20, 2008, 4:15 PM
It's empowering, lol. It feels good.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.