Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 11 replies

I always think I've seen it all and then something happens like these...

Nikoletta

Aug 13, 2008, 11:19 AM
Two Niki-tales so children pop some popcorn and settle back to listen, yesterday was an eventful day of crazies.

Once upon a time there was a Crazy Lady who might have known a Man who might have placed an order for a line of service with BigPink. There were problems with the order and the Man was told to visit a store and send a fax. This fax needed to include a number of things, one of them being the man's social security card. Now the woman claimed the Man (who may or may not have known her) had lost the card but had a letter from the social security office. She swore that the Man was told previously that the letter would suffice. She claims he went to the store and sent the fax.

Now when the Crazy Lady called dunai (Niki) she s...
(continues)
Duct Taper

Aug 13, 2008, 11:45 AM
Ahhh...... BigPink always attracts the crazies. its because everyone else will not tolerate them
Nikoletta

Aug 13, 2008, 12:56 PM
We'll give anybody a line of service anymore... they can have a $2000 collection with us and they can have service if they are willing to pay the full retail price of the phone and are willing to pay for their service up front.
Duct Taper

Aug 13, 2008, 1:25 PM
I remember when I used to take prepaid calls, group of us called ourseleves the prepaid enforcers, we wouldnt give credits for anything unless it was valid and proved. that went out the door of course. GMA was fun, used to train people not to be a robot, but when they hit the floor, supervisors changed all that. What was the point of training them then to have personality just to take it all away?
Nikoletta

Aug 13, 2008, 6:50 PM
We're encouraged to have personality, it makes the customer happier when we have some pizzaz and are friendly and stuff... it's honestly what I expect from customer care too so I'm always really disappointed on the rare occasions when I get a bad rep.
BigShowJB

Aug 15, 2008, 9:48 AM
nik, I didn't get enough butter on my popcorn last time. Can I have more please? and a refill of Mt. Dew?
Ask The Shack

Aug 14, 2008, 9:13 AM
... Why didn't you direct the accounts to the fraud department? I understand why you might not do it to the second guy, but the first woman was obviously trying to defraud you guys.
Duct Taper

Aug 14, 2008, 9:38 AM
I wouldve warm transfer to fraud, The ones at T-Mo are good at catching that stuff. They red flag the account and watch it for awhile
Pious Goddess

Aug 15, 2008, 10:15 AM
Yeah here at AT&T we reps can suspend the line for such actions, in which I have done. Though the second guy does not inovlve suspending but I agree with your actions there.
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2008, 1:12 PM
Have no fear, I did.

That's a bit of a behind the scenes thing for us, mostly we are supposed to just say "OK, sure" to the customer while we type to our fraurd team.
Arwinjadaninja

Aug 14, 2008, 2:53 PM
You should have grabbed me! I would have screwed with his head a bit for ya!!! would have been a fun SUP call. 😈
Nikoletta

Aug 18, 2008, 1:14 PM
hahahaha, I would have wanted a Y cord to listen in!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.