Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 21 replies

why Why WHY?!

Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 11:07 AM
Why is it that customers ALWAYS think the problem lies within the battery? I dropped a call... MUST BE THE BATTERY! My speakerphone doesn't work anymore... MUST BE THE BATTERY! The reception isn't good at my house, do you think I need a new BATTERY? My '5' button is stuck... I want to buy a new BATTERY. I dropped my phone in the toilet and now it doesn't work; do I need a new BATTERY? Is there a warranty on the battery because I sneezed and hung up on someone on accident?

Seriously. 😡
BLEDSOE

Jul 22, 2008, 12:18 PM
My phone is 8 years old and stopped working..i need a new battery...WHAT YOU CANT ORDER ONE!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT TO SPEAK TO THE PRESIDENT!! MY PHONE IS NOT WORKING MAN. I NEED THAT BATTERY.

To which we state....ma'am. Should i order that battery it would likely be 59.99...you can get the newer version of your phone for FREE!!!! or buy it outright for $175
OfAMightDivine

Jul 22, 2008, 12:21 PM
BLEDSOE said:To which we state....ma'am. Should i order that battery it would likely be 59.99...you can get the newer version of your phone for FREE!!!! or buy it outright for $175

To which they state :

"Why should I have to PAY for a battery OR a phone!?!?! I've been with your company for 72 years! I demand everything free, right now!"
liquidfire

Jul 22, 2008, 12:25 PM
or....
"no i dont want to buy a new phone. i want this phone. you're just trying to make money off me."

🙄

umm... if the phone is that old, you NEED a new one. plus i'm willing to give you the free phone.
disgruntledtech

Jul 22, 2008, 1:11 PM
Why don't you have parts for my phone??!?! Its only 839384859503837 years old!!!

$40 for a new battery!?! That's more than what the phone cost! You guys are ripping me off!

Why are the contracts two years when YOU make the batteries to only last one year?

I'll just wait until my upgrade. I can live with it for another 8 months.

No one told me the battery would die before my contract was up! You should really disclose this to your customers!

So if I replace the battery do I lose all my contacts since they are stored on the battery?

Shouldn't the insurance or extended warranty I've been paying for cover the battery?
BLEDSOE

Jul 22, 2008, 2:30 PM
Contacts...on the battery...ok you got me there that is funny..... 🤣 🤣 😉
kapwww

Jul 22, 2008, 7:07 PM
Yeah...similar to the contacts on the battery thing, I have people worry that they'll lose all information in the phone if the battery is taken out.

I also had some crack-pot old guy insist that ALL information from the phone, not just the contacts, were stored in the battery. He even went so far as to claim he was distantly related to Alexander Graham Bell and that somehow qualified him to know everything about cell phones.
liquidfire

Jul 22, 2008, 12:28 PM
i think, they think, they're trying to be smart and show us up and show us that they know what the problem is. but the only thing they know to blame is the battery cuz thats something they can pop out and pop a new one in 🙄

just let us do our damn job!
craptacularwireless

Jul 22, 2008, 1:24 PM
I am so glad I don't have to deal with these issues anymore.
Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 1:25 PM
Lucky.
craptacularwireless

Jul 22, 2008, 1:28 PM
I sure am.😁
Chargeman

Jul 22, 2008, 1:40 PM
I can relate to what pretty keeley posted, I just got off a call pertaining to the dropped calls, I just abot spit out my coffee & busted out laughing reading her post, two of my co-workers sitting by me were looking @ me like what the f@%# are you so happy about? Thanks for the brief moment of happiness! 🙂
Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 2:41 PM
Np 🙂
cellfiend

Jul 22, 2008, 4:27 PM
dont you use the oppurtinity to sell them a phone since a new battery is 50 and up? (instead of bitching like a woman)
Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 4:33 PM
Actually,

1) Our batteries are $35.

2) None of these people are eligible anyway, so they would pay retail price for a phone which is obviously more expensive than a battery.

3) There is a one year warranty on the phones, so if there was indeed a real problem, selling them a phone would put them out money when it could be fixed for free.

Thanks.
cellfiend

Jul 22, 2008, 4:40 PM
Pretty Keeley said:

2) None of these people are eligible anyway, so they would pay retail price for a phone which is obviously more expensive than a battery.

You didn't mention that.

3) There is a one year warranty on the phones, so if there was indeed a real problem, selling them a phone would put them out money when it could be fixed for free.

The manufacturer's warranty does not cover the battery. That's one of the reasons its easy to sell an extended warranty.

Thanks.

You're most welcome my dear.
Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 4:46 PM
that if they were eligible to get a new phone I would be posting about batteries? No, I would do what you said and sell them a new phone.

You are correct the one year warranty doesn't cover batteries. However, the batteries aren't the problem, which is why I mentioned the one year warranty on the PHONES.
cellfiend

Jul 22, 2008, 4:51 PM
Well you said this in relation to batteries:
"3) There is a one year warranty on the phones, so if there was indeed a real problem, selling them a phone would put them out money when it could be fixed for free.
"

If the battery isnt the problem and they cant upgrade you can sell a prepaid and have them activate that.
Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 4:59 PM
"3) There is a one year warranty on the phones, so if there was indeed a real problem (WITH THE PHONE, NOT THE BATTERY), selling them a phone would put them out money when it could be fixed for free."

Oy. I am confusing myself now. 😕

Point is, there is rarely a problem with the battery. MOST of the people are not eligible for new equipment. If there is a problem with the phone, there is a one year warranty.

Really, it was just a rant about how customers blame everything on the battery.
cellfiend

Jul 22, 2008, 5:08 PM
Sometimes it could be the battery, sometimes not. They have a point when they say the battery lasts for 1 year but the contract is for 2. Some batteries will last for 6 years with no problem, but the truth of the matter is most batteries are built to hold 300-400 charges. This means if they charge it daily this is well under 2 years. Anywho, I understand it may not be the battery but why bitch about it so much? Use the opportunity of them being in there to try and sell something.
Pretty Keeley

Jul 22, 2008, 4:34 PM
Opportunity*
cellfiend

Jul 22, 2008, 4:40 PM
Its ok I made a spelling mistake as well without hitting spell check first. 🤭

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.