Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 20 replies

What i signed a contract

VZWMT123

Jun 23, 2008, 3:56 PM
Customer came in to the store today and wanted to know why is contract end date had changed

c. this date is not correct you guys are ripping me off

m. it shows that you upgraded at this store 3 weeks ago

c. you guys said i was eligible to upgrade and you gave me a new phone

m. well when i explained you were upgrading that meant that you were signing a new two year agreement

c. but i did not realize all of that

I pulled up the contract and asked if this was his signature

c. yes that is my signature but i did not know i was signing up for another 2 years

m. Did you read it before you signed it.

c. No

m. sorry sir i explained what the upgrade would do with your contract and unfortunately you chose not to read the ...
(continues)
The New ATnT Wireless

Jun 23, 2008, 4:04 PM
Ha ha! You tell that son of a nitwit! I swear, people can be really really really really stoopid...
attwork

Jun 23, 2008, 4:05 PM
I'm not positive on this (I dont work sales), but if it were at&t, wouldnt he have the first 30 days to cancel his contract without the ETF and return the phone? ๐Ÿคจ
attwork

Jun 23, 2008, 4:07 PM
or is it only 15 days with Verizon?
The New ATnT Wireless

Jun 23, 2008, 4:12 PM
attwork said:
I'm not positive on this (I dont work sales), but if it were at&t, wouldnt he have the first 30 days to cancel his contract without the ETF and return the phone? ๐Ÿคจ

I don't think the trial period is applicable to people who upgrade. The whole point of the trial period is for new customers to test the network of their provider. If they don't like the network service, they can cancel.

This doesn't apply to upgrades, if I remember correctly.
attwork

Jun 23, 2008, 4:18 PM
That would make sense...
VZWMT123

Jun 23, 2008, 4:33 PM
Verizon does have a 30 trial but it is for new customer unfortunately if they upgrade they have had a couple years to see if they like us lol
phonemechanic

Jun 23, 2008, 5:33 PM
Um...VZW's 30 day policy is for everyone. If an upgrading customer wants to cancel the upgrade, they can. Everything will revert back to the way it was before they upgraded
VZWMT123

Jun 24, 2008, 9:31 AM
You are correct in some cases I am a indirect agent and so the contract they sign with us states they can exchange their upgrade(exchange for a different phone if they do not like the one they chose). We still honor the 30 test drive for new customers but lets face it if someone was not sure if they really liked Verizon after two years why would they upgrade in the first place
cellfiend

Jun 24, 2008, 11:59 AM
Indirect dealers don't get to change effective ETF dates, only ETF fees. If Verizon is 30 then the indirect has to uphold that policy. The contract does not come from your indirect company, it comes directly from VZW..that means the terms of the contract are written by VZW.
Webb

Jun 24, 2008, 7:36 AM
No. Even upgrades with AT&T get a 30 day return period. They can exchange the phone, or return it outright and the contract gets reverted to what it was before.

IIRC, some carriers only do 15 days.
VZWMT123

Jun 24, 2008, 9:31 AM
We do 15 days we are an indirect agent
Chaos

Jun 23, 2008, 7:01 PM
Actually the buyer's remorse period DOES apply to upgrades as well.
cellfiend

Jun 24, 2008, 11:55 AM
You're completely and utterly wrong. AT&T return or exchange policy is 30 days. Upgrade or new..there is no difference. You don't want customer care calling your boss when he calls them.
Stupid Customer

Jun 23, 2008, 5:08 PM
๐Ÿ˜ฒ You mean I should read things before i sign them?!
VZWMT123

Jun 24, 2008, 9:32 AM
I know its an amazing concept!!!!!
Juanbyjuan

Jun 23, 2008, 5:30 PM
FTW all the way ๐Ÿ˜
yeahright

Jun 23, 2008, 8:17 PM
What an idiot...didn't he hear if it sounds to good to be true it probably is, did he think he was the 1000 customer or something and won a free phone. Seriously, if someone says here this is free but sign this, wouldn't you read it!
VZWMT123

Jun 24, 2008, 9:33 AM
๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚
eljeffe666

Jun 24, 2008, 9:34 AM
"i will reverse the upgrade but that will be $300 for ur "free" phone"
VZWMT123

Jun 24, 2008, 10:36 AM
ha ha ha ๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.