Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 34 replies

were you raised by emotionless robots?

groundhog_day

Jun 7, 2008, 1:14 PM
This guy walks in with his vzw check sealed up in his envelope and wants me to take his payment. I tell him I can only take cash payments. He proceeds to call me a d*bag and tell me my store is a ripoff.

What is wrong with people these days? I have NEVER said that to someone just doing their job. Seriously what is wrong with people these days? is it global warming? is it the rising gas prices? Or is the internet destroying our emotional processing chip?
attwork

Jun 7, 2008, 1:25 PM
People now adays are babies....If they dont get what they want they will whine and complain and act like little children. They need to man up and deal with situations like adults....

....I think they also need a good punch in the nose so they can get the idea out of their head they can just curse and yell at anybody they like just because they dont get their way.
burntbridges

Jun 7, 2008, 2:29 PM
I volunteer for delivering the punches!
groundhog_day

Jun 7, 2008, 2:32 PM
I wish I could...punch that is...Normally I would say I dont wont to lose my job but i mean come on...do I really like my job??
burntbridges

Jun 7, 2008, 2:34 PM
hahaha, exactly! i hit like a girl so it won't hurt 'em too bad 😛
groundhog_day

Jun 7, 2008, 2:43 PM
idk you look pretty scary in your avater..haha jk
burntbridges

Jun 9, 2008, 8:52 AM
i am pretty gangster 😛 sooo just kidding
Sonniku

Jun 7, 2008, 2:38 PM
Yeah, until we get robots like this....

"Hello...I am the Representatron 2000. You may say whatever you want to me in whatever way you would like to. It wil not affect my processing unit in the slightest."

...people need to understand that we are not the ones causing their problem. In fact, we probably the only means of fixing it that some of them have... 😕
attwork

Jun 7, 2008, 2:40 PM
"Does not compute."

Error-P639827789G872973-03
cellfiend

Jun 7, 2008, 3:15 PM
Should have told him to go f himself.
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 10:01 AM
.... that we seem to be the level headed ones that have a clue?

i would assume that most on here are 20-27ish and we are typically talking about the over 30 crowd when it comes to rude, unruley, annoying and stupid customers.

i think its strange, and sad, that we, the younger generation, have a better handle on life and whats right and wrong and how to treat others.
BonesmenAllHere

Jun 8, 2008, 10:18 AM
What are you talking about hve you lost your mind? are you completely stupid? What do you mean you cant do what I want? I dont care about rules, this is your job to serve me, you lil punk!
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 11:30 AM
exactly. these people have such an ungrounded sense of entitlement and frankly its old.
BigShowJB

Jun 8, 2008, 1:04 PM
try the over 40,45ish crowd.... most of the 30-somethings that I deal with are pretty good about how it works....

btw I'm 33 myself...
liquidfire

Jun 8, 2008, 1:29 PM
even so, its the young ones teaching the old ones how to conduct themselves
lxav06

Jun 9, 2008, 11:25 AM
so th enew dogs are teaching the old dogs new trick!?!? it's the end of the world!!!
krickt

Jun 12, 2008, 5:05 PM
I resemble that remark..... And you guys all know that jerks and a-holes come in every color, age group, height, weight and shoe size.

So do the nice ones.....

Just a thought.
took

Jun 8, 2008, 4:22 PM
So had this happen (we also had to charge a 3$ transaction fee). Lady flipped at me and told me i was worthless (i hate when they say, well not YOU, but YOUR company, 'well im the one your yelling at.')
The other day i told a lady "Enjoy your day being rude!"
i didnt care; she was, i hope people realize that the energy they put out is what they get back. Case in point, i went to a game store i bought a game at with my broken game in hand. Asked the lady behinfd the counter their policy for game disc exchange. She said 30 days with a reciept, i explained "i couldnt find my reciept but i was prolly out of the 30 days anyways, and thank you". She stopped me as i was walking away and asked what was wrong with the game, i explained i get to the...
(continues)
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 4:31 PM
wish that could be programmed into our customers, it sure would make my days much better.
motoguy75

Jun 8, 2008, 4:39 PM
that the reason why we are so level headed is because of the fact that we are in the customer service side, and as such we have realized what many people before us has realized, customers SUCK!!!

now in my case, my attitude being a reflection of the person i am speaking with, i get as rude and unruly as most customers who decide to be rude to me and it seems to actually sink in better. the next time that rude customer shows up, they actually come in with a better attitude than last i saw them.
Pious Goddess

Jun 8, 2008, 7:03 PM
You know I have to agree, especially about tone and demeanor. I'm sometimes trying to figure out why people never read their terms and conditions/agreement. I honestly read mine, to see about all underlying charges, and things to expect before I signed my self up to a two year contract.

I work for AT&T's Business Care. I had a cus call me and request credits. Sure I saw a note on the account but it was a radio shack employee who requested we credit him for valid charges because they were not explained to him and he can not credit the account. So I asked the customer what happened and explained his bill and did it as a one time courtesy. But informed him in the future none of this would be credited. The customer rushed me the whole call w...
(continues)
sbishop

Jun 9, 2008, 5:37 AM
I have to agree, other reps can be rude. I admit I have been rude to another rep before but that only happans when they tell the customer the wrong info or something and the customer gets to yell at me for it. I have also realized that most of the rude people are over 30 years old, and most of them are women. If someone is rude to me I will be the same way back. If they are rude and wanting a credit I will most likely not give it to them just because they are being rude.
motoguy75

Jun 9, 2008, 10:13 AM
for me to reflect a customers rudeness because since i am in retail, the customer and i are face to face.

as far as other reps, our customer care is actually very polite and actually know what they are doing, so i never have a problem with them. other retail reps on the other hand.... lets just say we don't always see eye to eye.
ki_lljoy

Jun 9, 2008, 10:23 AM
Yea i always feel bad for store reps bc while cust can call in screaming and ranting, i only have to put them on mute and once they run out of energy im done with them.Where when youre in retail you actually have to deal with them face to face.
motoguy75

Jun 9, 2008, 11:23 AM
but see, thats where its actually more of an advantage for me. unlike most reps, i let the customers know that i WILL rant and rave just as much as they do and that throwing an attitude my way will not get them anything
Ronic

Jun 9, 2008, 7:49 PM
Ah I work at a call center too. I just started actually. I'm still in training and havn't been on the phones yet but I've been a little worried about that. The worst part is that all the calls I take are recorded so if I do get rude back to a customer and come back to bite me in the butt. I'm usually pretty level headed when it comes to people like that but still there is only so much I can take... I hope it won't be too bad.
OfAMightDivine

Jun 9, 2008, 10:50 PM
RUN!!!! GET AWAY WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!! THERE'S TIME LEFT FOR YOU TO ESCAPE!! dON'T BECOME TRAPPED LIKE US..... RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
Ronic

Jun 10, 2008, 3:07 PM
D: OH NOES! *heads for the hills*
WhoDey

Jun 12, 2008, 12:20 PM
Had a customer in for something, who knows what.

Because I wouldnt do what he wanted, he started out the door yelling about me, calling me names.
I Yelled at him "Hold it.. come back here"
He walks back up to the counter, I say "I didnt treat you like dirt and yell at you, just because you pay a bill to us, doesnt mean youre allowed to act like you just did"

And then I let him leave..people are ridiculous, and need a smack down every now and again
ki_lljoy

Jun 9, 2008, 8:38 AM
You know the crazy thing about it is that i see that every day. People seem to belive that something is owed to them and that other people should be graveling to assist them. Its sad but sometimes i just want to tap people in the head and be like 'hello' you are Not the last person on Earth, be considerate.
smiliey

Jun 9, 2008, 12:07 PM
im 21 and i have people who could be my parents acting like childeren.

i had this lady in tears yelling at me the other day because we didnt have any curves in stock. i called around the district and no one has them. she was like, "im not leaving untill you get me a curve! ::sniff sniff, some sobbing::" i was like "mam, are you serious right now? is all of this really necessary? do you want me to go into the back and fabricate one for you? if we had one i would sell it to you, im sorry we just dont have it."

needless to say she left without a phone.
liquidfire

Jun 9, 2008, 5:51 PM
i know that people regress as they grow older. ya know old people lose their memory, need diapers, act like kids again. but not when you're 40! grow up ppl. get a sense of reality. YOU ARE NOT SPECIAL! maybe special ed tho. heres your helmet
robtheman

Jun 10, 2008, 4:06 PM
liquidfire said:
maybe special ed tho. heres your helmet. How does the window on that bus taste?
MotoV3RAZR2008

Jun 11, 2008, 11:22 PM
people like that who degrade you for doing your job are low life scums who only care about themselves. Unfortunately, they now hold a majority...
DarkStar

Jun 13, 2008, 12:05 PM
You mean the false religion of global warming

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.