Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 155 replies

Things I hate that Customers do (other than the obvious ones)

nodeposit

May 19, 2008, 3:04 PM
1. Lean over to look at my screen.

2. Ask me if they can get something somewhere else cheaper.

3. Bring a list of contacts in for ME to put in THEIR phone.

4. Come in to charge their phone, not to buy a charger....they want to leave it here and charge it.

5. Come into the store while they are talking on the phone and continue their conversation while walking around the store.

6. Park in front of my store, and then walk to the business next door.

7. Continue to tell me their story about what's wrong w/ the phone or how it happened even after I've already fixed it.

8. People that make me talk to their spouse, bf/gf, mom/dad on the phone when they don't like something I've told them.

9. When they bring their kids...
(continues)
Blumpelstiltskin

May 19, 2008, 3:15 PM
M - "That's 19.99 with a 2 year contract."

C - "Yeah... but whats MY price"
eljeffe666

May 19, 2008, 5:42 PM
fair warning u ask that question again its prob gonna be 39.99 and its gonna go up every time u ask
aavera

May 19, 2008, 3:19 PM
People that come in and ask for your competitor's location/ phone number/ store hours!
lxav06

Jun 2, 2008, 12:17 PM
diddo, i get do you know shere there's a t mobile store?
krickt

Jul 16, 2008, 2:49 PM
I just got a call (I get this call twice a day at the very least).... Can you fix my Sprint/ATT/Alltel/Verizon phone? Is there anyone in your town (pop under 3000) who does? Why isn't there? And who can I call to get a Sprint/ATT/Alltel/Verizon store in our town?
nothing4free

May 19, 2008, 3:52 PM
or any one of these

*just happened btw*
1. Returns a phone they've for 3 weeks b/c "the phone is the biggest piece of junk" and i "should never sell that phone to anyone". Then decides they want to get a phone they KNOW is special order only and will take at least a week to get here meaning that they will possibly be out of the 30 day return limit. After i explain them the situation they ask me if they should go to the Cor store b/c they already have it in...and all i can say is if you bought it from here and return it here then go to corporate and ask for the exchange phone they will laugh at you. After which she gets me to order it. when i tell her that it's on it's way she THEN decides that she's not sure she wants that one and calls ...
(continues)
liquidfire

May 20, 2008, 9:02 AM
5.customers who come in and get all the information they need about plans, phones, features, etc. then go the to cor store to get what they want and come back later when they need help with their phone...

i HATE those ppl. I have a COR store in the mall i work in and tha bastards do it all the time. Makes me wanna stab someone
cincysalesrep

May 28, 2008, 12:56 AM
Even better is when a customer that does that lies about what you said to try and get a deal.

Had a custy do that, and the COR rep decided that it was his chance to make us look bad so he walked the customer to our store, interrupted my act, and tried to say about how we were liars etc etc.

Walked over to the custy and pulled out the piece of paper with all the prices/features I had used in my sales pitch (I
cincysalesrep

May 28, 2008, 1:01 AM
I failed ☹️ (sorry, dunno why it cut off half the message)

anyway, the chart had everything I had said to him with all the prices I quoted.

The look on both the customers and reps face were priceless, and once our IAM found out about it, the sales rep was fired.
nodeposit

May 19, 2008, 3:53 PM
Thought of some more:

"I need to put money on a prepay"

and

"Oh, I have a whole drawer at home full of chargers, I'm sure I'll have one that works"
Juanbyjuan

May 19, 2008, 5:48 PM
Sprint has the 99.99 unlt everything. What do you have?

or

I been with you for longer then you been alive.
lxav06

Jun 2, 2008, 12:30 PM
or i have been with att for 4 years i deserve some thing free. but i want a phone listed at the 2 year price but i am not gonna sign another contract. pretty sure this guy came in drunk
Blumpelstiltskin

May 19, 2008, 5:51 PM
since 1988!!!

I laugh every time.
Tmo Slave

May 20, 2008, 2:37 PM
And I bet they still said "I don't know my number I never call myself" 🤣 Then had to look it up in their phone for the next 5 mins while you stand there wishing they would die.
golem22

May 22, 2008, 9:01 AM
Similar in texture but different in flavor i once had a custy call in with an account that had been open for about 10 years and DENY ALL EXISTENCE, thats right he claimed that he had no idea why we were sending him a bill since he had never had service with us. He also went on to say that it was not his number... In the end i hung up and phoned his number back SURPRISE guess who answered???? As it turns out it was his wifes phone... Anyways he hung up nice and quietly after that. I am pretty sure that he was mighty embarrassed.
BLEDSOE

May 22, 2008, 9:04 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

That is too good. Wow...i would not have been able to contain myself.
X_MONKEY_X

May 19, 2008, 7:41 PM
I think my absolute favorite are customers who used to/still work for the company but still don't F**ing get it.

I work in corporate and an employee will come in and try to exchange. KNOWING i can't touch an employee account.

We had one cust come in and was unhappy so they called care bragging about how they worked there and KNEW something could be done. Even said the practiced greeting when the person answered the phone. Can we say A-hole?
I Sell Phones

May 20, 2008, 11:04 AM
""Keep in mind I have nothing against big or obese people""

This lady rolls along in a power chair, that is either too big to walk or is too lazy, comes to give her bill payment and buy a new charger for her phone. She goes on with this story about her son going to Iraq and how her grand baby broke her charger. I tell her her total--->

C:Oh I think I have my debit card in my purse. Oh I'm sorry I can't find it, here I have it in cash. Here you go miho.

This nasty lady pulls out a wad of cash from underneath her booby that is drenched in sweat and wants to pay me with it. I had to let those bills sit out and air dry for like 20 minutes...
liquidfire

May 20, 2008, 11:06 AM
raunchy 😳

but now why cant the cute young ones come in an do that??
lxav06

Jun 2, 2008, 1:18 PM
becasue the cutes ones are usually not fat so don't have enough boob "overage " to hide something in. firm or small boobs can't hide stuff.
OfAMightDivine

May 20, 2008, 11:22 AM
Man, that is so gross. I would have refused payment on that one.
I Sell Phones

May 20, 2008, 11:25 AM
I forgot to mention she smelled like an old expired piece of ham that a cat pissed on.
liquidfire

May 20, 2008, 12:29 PM
and you know what that smells like why??
I Sell Phones

May 20, 2008, 12:57 PM
👀

Ummm...I don't know.
attwork

May 20, 2008, 1:28 PM
Sometimes my garbage can smells like that after a night of drinking alot.... 👀
VictorZuluWhiskey

May 23, 2008, 5:51 PM
had something similer happen here @ my kiosk.... big lady comes in no scooter shes able to walk and stand... so we are doing an upgrade for her..... uahhh.... so its taking a few minutes.... uahhhh..... she lifts up her rolls of belly fat and rests them on the counter..... uah... (the counter is low by the way)..... anyhow we were disinfecting that area for a week straight
gozvzw

May 21, 2008, 11:01 AM
I just threw up in my mouth a little...
cellb1tch

May 23, 2008, 11:09 AM
work in western pa?
tiny

Jul 8, 2008, 10:37 PM
eeewwww
metalsmokearsenal

Jul 13, 2008, 8:38 PM
😛
wow that is disturbing is so many levels..
bigmike99s

May 20, 2008, 2:10 PM
what i love is when people walk through the front door and ask do you guys sell phones. As they look at me there is a wall directly behind me with about 50 phones on it with prices and all. So all i have to do is point behind me and they go oh you should make them more visible. gun/head
attwork

May 20, 2008, 2:11 PM
clerks (the first one)...where they show all the examples of all the morons that ask stupid questions...
I Sell Phones

May 20, 2008, 4:52 PM
One of te many momments to use the phrase, DOUCHE BAG!!! 🙄
MizzSprint

May 20, 2008, 2:28 PM
I love Shoptalk. Have you ever said something about customers in your carriers forum and they all seem to gang up on you and rant about " It's people like you that should be fired!" Why should I be fired? because I won't bend the rules for you?

Also if you're doing a return bring the box and proof of purchase. How will I know how much you paid or if you really got it from corperate, If you don't have the receipt or the authorization form?

What really gets me going is when they say "Oh well just take the stuff from the new phone" Yes! I can do that but that's not the point. you cannot go to Bestbuy without a box or receipt and expect them to process an exchange without a receipt.
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 3:22 PM
MizzSprint said:

Also if you're doing a return bring the box and proof of purchase. How will I know how much you paid or if you really got it from corperate, If you don't have the receipt or the authorization form?

You're allowed to take returns from corporate stores that are owned by companies that you do not work for? Who do you work for? Just out of curiosity...
I AM GOD

May 20, 2008, 3:26 PM
By reading the message, I would guess that she works for sprint..... and was referring to taking returns from another corp location or cc...... 😕
Tmo Slave

May 20, 2008, 2:44 PM
The thing I hate the most is when a customer comes in to pay their bill and they don't know their phone number. I mean how do you not know your own freakin phone number.

Or they give you their number with out the area code, even though you asked for the area code first. Then when you ask them for the area code and its not even a local area code.

And when a customer walks up and says they want to pay their bill. They then rattle off their phone number so fast that even if you had been at your computer there is no way you could even enter it.
phonemechanic

May 20, 2008, 2:57 PM
This happened to me a couple days ago.

M: Can I have your mobile number, area code first?

C: 5555 (last 4 of phone number)

M: Ok? Can I have the rest of it?

C: 123 (area code)

M: *palm face*
fakename

May 21, 2008, 9:37 PM
that's bad! I don't doubt it but I just wish it wasnt true. Oh the world.
FruDoubt

Jul 12, 2008, 7:05 PM
M: (after cust gives me their # w/o the area code) Can I have your area code please?

C: Oh, sorry. 12345

M: Right. That's your ZIP CODE.

C: Yes, it is.

M: head/desk
squishymathias

Jul 22, 2008, 10:42 PM
"hi i need to talk about my bill and what i can do to change somethings on it" "Sir this is lost and stolen"
lxav06

Jun 2, 2008, 1:25 PM
i've had latino custie want o pay thier bill, gives me number and area code. it doesn't pull up. the arguesthat he has jad it for a while.
tunrs out it's a t mo number. and stated "i can't pay my t mo bill here?" with a huge sign over my head says ATT.
Webb

May 20, 2008, 4:55 PM
I hate customers who call in while they're on the can.
attwork

May 20, 2008, 5:28 PM
that hasnt happened to me in awhile, but it always sucks when it does happen....makes me throw up in my mouth a little every time. 🤭
Webb

May 20, 2008, 6:33 PM
Used to happen to me more often back in the days of the old AT&T Wireless. Apparently the thought process of the day went something like this:

"GAAAAAH! I am NEVER eating at Taco Guano ever again! AAaaargh! Oh man, this is going to take a while. Hnnnngh! You know, my last cell phone bill was a little high. Maybe I should call in and get my rate plan analyzed? After all I'm going to be here a while!"
fakename

May 21, 2008, 9:49 PM
Ugh, I have had people call in during the most random times: a concert, a basketball game, a rodeo. seriously people...why? 🤨
JesusSaves

May 26, 2008, 12:04 PM
Can you hear me now 🤣
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 5:37 PM
Do you have a charger for this phone? it kind of flips open..I think its made by sprint but I don't have it on me..you know *drools on self*
BABYJESUS

May 20, 2008, 6:40 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣 Back in the day, all sprint phones used the same charger... 🤣 Bad example.
VZWMT123

May 21, 2008, 2:00 PM
C: My phone is acting up it is turning off and the screen is funny

M: can i see the phone please

C: well i don't have it with me

DUHHHHHH how am i supposed to help fix the phone if you left it at home
SEM

May 20, 2008, 5:39 PM
The thing that gets on my nerves more than anything else is when a customer comes in with a friend, and the friend seems to think they know everything about every phone we offer.

Me: This is X phone...

Customers Friend Interrupts: Thats the phone Joey has, its a piece of crap.

(I move onto the next phone.)

Me: Well this phone here has...

Customers Friend: I used to have this phone, the battery sucks, it doesnt even last a whole week!

Me: Maam this phone just came out earlier this month...
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 5:42 PM
I can't stand those people. Or the cust who thinks he knows more than you. F*ck them too. Somehow I find clever ways to make their friend stfu.
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 5:40 PM
I have no identification but can you sign me up anyway?
ihateeverything

May 20, 2008, 5:41 PM
c: I have no identification but I know my driver liscence ID number can you sign me up?

m: F*ck no!

Pathetic fraud attempt.
BLEDSOE

May 21, 2008, 11:12 AM
Sure here is Pre-paid...What type would you like.

👿
20momof3

May 20, 2008, 8:13 PM
Working in telesales, there's always the "I need a battery for my phone." Okay...so what kind of phone is it? The reply..."It's a cell phone." Great, what KIND of cell phone? "T-Mobile, flip phone." Wonderful, we're making great progress...so what brand IE Samsung, Nokia, Motorola..."Oh, yeah...it says Samsung." Perfect...now what MODEL is your SAMSUNG phone? "It flips open...I don't know it just says Samsung T-Mobile." Okay...what COLOR is your SAMSUNG phone? "Well, its black with a green circle on it. Can you look it up to make sure...?" Okay...well Mr. Customer your phone is the samsung BEAT and no I dont have access into your account because I'm not customer care. "Okay, let me call you back so I can make sure." Do I convey t...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jul 9, 2008, 6:18 PM
Oh my god, it's like a conversation I had every single day that I worked accessories.

"You need a new charger for you phone? Great, I can certainly help you with that. What model of phone do you have?"

"I don't know, can't you look it up?"

"I'm afraid I cannot, I don't actually have access to your account. Why don't we play a Q&A game to figure it out?"

"uhhhh k."

"Do you know what company makes your phone? Is it Nokia? Motorola? Samsung?"

"It's a T-Mobile."

"Alright, and is it a flip phone, like it opens and closes like a clam shell? Or does it have no moving parts? Is it a slider?"

"Yeah."

"So a Flip?"

"Yeah."

"Great, thank you! And does it have a camera on it?"

"It says VGA."

"Fantastic and that...
(continues)
acthrellis

May 21, 2008, 3:58 PM
I used to work at a Cingular SCUSE ME, the NEW AT&T... jeez... anyway. Everything in the store is either orange or blue, and someone walked in and said "Is this Sprint."

I didn't say anything at all, just stared at them until they left.
UOQuack

May 22, 2008, 10:52 AM
Wow. She's baaaaaaaack!
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 11:20 AM
we get that a lot, because were by an AT&T auth dealer, and verizon is down the way. but were all yellow and people come in and ask if this is verizon. then i had a guy ask me for the verizon store number. I told him im not a phone book sorry
motoguy75

May 21, 2008, 5:13 PM
i hate when a customer is unhappy with the CHEAP phone that they bought(and were warned that it was refurb) and tell me that they will go to competitor cuz they can be taken care of better with them.
Ellie004

Jul 18, 2008, 10:27 AM
ugh yes I HATE when they complain about cheap phones...really what do you expect for 49 bucks??
vzman23

May 21, 2008, 11:45 PM
Does your refrigerator call your grocery store when you're out of milk? No? Learn to take care of yourself.
golem22

May 22, 2008, 9:13 AM
when a customer calls and is eating lunch, it is disgusting. Would you like it if i ate lunch while taking calls?????????
nodeposit

May 22, 2008, 1:16 PM
Or they walk in while I'm eating and say "where's mine?".....ha ha ha stfu
liquidfire

May 23, 2008, 10:22 AM
or they get here right as i start to eat. and they keep saying over and over "i'm sorry im interrupting your lunch/dinner" but then they keep asking pointless questions and never buy anything. if you were really sry, you would either make it quick or acutally buy something so that i could pay for my lunch
VZWrara

May 24, 2008, 11:37 AM
haha or when your boss or fellow employee is nice enough to buy lunch on a busy sat. and a cust walks buy, says nothing to you, grabs a slice of pizza, says "hey! free pizza!"... walks around you booth and says "nice phones!" and walks off.... 👿 THATS MY PIZZA YOU A** AT LEAST BUY SOMETHING
td219203

May 22, 2008, 3:31 PM
This lady comes in, has to be pushing 85 - 90 years old and asks me if we sell "real phones" here. I politely advised cust. that no I'm sorry we only have the fake ones at this location. Cust. proceeds to tell me she can't find a "real" phone" thats she can hear well enough on...cust. immediately following previous, cust. must have forgotten her teeth at home...good old clermont county
cparistheman

May 22, 2008, 5:59 PM
Dude Clermont County Ohio
td219203

May 22, 2008, 6:22 PM
yes sir, that has clermont county written all over it, especially the last part...
took

May 22, 2008, 4:13 PM
only cuz the custy interrupted my fun of reading this... and then had to do it!! I work at an idirect for VZW between two stores.. one miles and miles from the corp, and the otehr accross the street. Im at the one way out from corp today.
Cust: Yes i am a verizon customer and we are having trouble with the phone charging
(its a u540, in my head i assume its a broken charging port, but bottom line all i could do is diagnose, not repair)
M: ok that would be something that would have to go through a licensed Technician at the store in the mall, im not licensed to do diagnostics or software flashings.

Custy: Then What is the point of this store?
(of course i want to say "so you can bitch about something)
M: We can help people out here ...
(continues)
took

May 22, 2008, 4:40 PM
Irony (had a cust so just submitted where i was at). We get that crap regardless. If they have to drive 30 minutes or 5 minutes they still say "Then why are you here?" But when they come back with their bill for an explanation of overage, or to fix their calling plan minutes, or pair their bluetooth, or ask about if they can use their phone outside of the US, they love us because they got to avoid the malls 2 hour wait, but when they want to do a manufactuer warranty and you CANT then they have to gripe!
VictorZuluWhiskey

May 24, 2008, 6:16 PM
when a customer calls you on the phone and starts asking all sorts of questions like do you think i need a blackberry??? well what should i get LOOK I HAVENT HAD TIME TO EVEN QUALIFY YOU FOR A PHONE much less be able to tell you anything aside from it would be best to come into the store so i can better determine your wireless needs yet for some reason you refuse to listen to what im saying rattlingoff question after question ahhh fell a little better now
golem22

May 26, 2008, 6:51 PM
I on the other hand love those calls not only are they really long and as such reduce the amount of other calls i have to take (thus reducing the chance of getting a "bad" call) i addition it is usually an easy sell for me to get those custys to renew and buy a phone.. aka commission for me.
stinkercole

Jul 10, 2008, 10:03 AM
MY FAVORITES:

A customer comes in with water in the screen and says "I didn't drop in water its a manufacters defect, it should be covered my warrenty."

A customer got a free phone when they signed breaks their phone, comes in to get a loaner phone, looks at the loaner phone, and says " you got anything better than this"
NOPE I'M FRESH OUT OF MY BLACKBERRY LOANERS!!
LIKE I'M SUPPOSE TO GIVE OU SOMETHING BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAD!!

A customer just signs a contracts they wait til AFTER the 30 days to bring the phone back, and say it doesn't work. when it has physical damage all over it.

Me: Did you drop it?

C: No it was like that when I got it!

A customer comes into your store, sees a phone that the like and say "The store a...
(continues)
VictorZuluWhiskey

May 24, 2008, 7:43 PM
man what a day
lets see kids who come in and call their "people"
the damn tinny boppers who come in and text each other on the demo phones when they are standing right next to oneanother
the Yo's comin in and f'n textin some stupid txt2vote bull
and there is alot more but its time for the quote of the day
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 11:25 AM
everyone in this thread needs to shut the f*ck up and do their god damn job, it's not rocket science, you dont even need an elementary school degree to cell sell phones so shut the hell up.

The entire time i have been registered on this site i have seen threads in the billions (yes billions you whiny brats) about people complaining about the same god damn thing.

Grow up and shut up.
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 11:31 AM
people like you are why we have this site to vent and complain about. We wouldnt do it if you werent such a d!ck. but hey you need cellphone and we sell it. Oh and the educated part you @sshole, you couldnt do it
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 11:32 AM
I've been doing it for 4 years and i'm posting from work right now.
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 11:33 AM
then shut up and dont read them jerk off, your complaining now too pr!ck
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 11:34 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

4 f*cking years ago and the same bitching, this is shop talk, talk about phones and the industry all this forum is 280 pages of threads just full of bitching.
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 11:36 AM
sooo your complaing about people complaining.......pot kettle black
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 11:39 AM
Different scenario, you people post the same threads day in and day out, its a myspace generation. I don't care about "stupid" (says the retard) customers. Your day is not interesting and it never will be, i dont care about your personal life story. It's boring and it sucks.
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 11:42 AM
then stop reading. all you have to do is not open the internet, dont go to phonescoop, then dont click on forums, then dont go to shop talk then dont click a link that says "i hate it when....", but if you still have to do all of that just plain dont read them.......What you think your better than me......your not better than me
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 11:44 AM
"you're"
alltelbran

May 25, 2008, 1:50 PM
* Are you Kidding me ? , You must no have to deal with customers.. or you live in a fairy land .... 🙄 everything these ppl are saying is so true... 🤣
fakename

May 25, 2008, 2:59 PM
you realize that you're the only prick in this forum? We all supprt the threads, so you should just settle down and get a life. Let it go dude!
tiny

Jul 9, 2008, 3:31 PM
are you seriously correcting someone? on that first post you said, "cell sell phones"
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 11:47 AM
Whitehores said:
everyone in this thread needs to shut the f*ck up and do their god damn job, it's not rocket science, you dont even need an elementary school degree to CELL SELL phones so shut the hell up.

The entire time i have been registered on this site i have seen threads in the billions (yes billions you whiny brats) about people complaining about the same god damn thing.

Grow up and shut up.

Cell sell that should be the other way
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 11:48 AM
Cell Sell phones

Your head.
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 12:00 PM
i hope it feels good
ihateeverything

May 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
Whitehores said:
you dont even need an elementary school degree to cell sell phones so shut the hell up.

AHAHAHAHAHA listen to this asshat "cell sell phones talks about not needing a degree and doesn't know the difference between the word 'cell' and 'sell' AHAHAHAHAHA...you stupid mother ****er...

Grow up and shut up.

I find it hard to believe you work in the field being as illiterate as you are.
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 12:09 PM
Cell Sell phones

Your head.
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
Also you seem to not have the blockquote ability down either
vindawg

May 28, 2008, 1:51 PM
Just thought I would come in on this one and let you know what the definition of what gets discussed in this forum should be.

"Discussion area for employees of wireless carriers, including retail and customer service."
phonemechanic

May 25, 2008, 12:11 PM
Please 🙂
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 12:19 PM
As someone who has frequented these forums longer than you lets revisit your own crappy post.

phonemechanic said:
This happened to me a couple days ago.

M: Can I have your mobile number, area code first?

C: 5555 (last 4 of phone number)

M: Ok? Can I have the rest of it?

C: 123 (area code)

M: *palm face*

In what world is this postworthy? Out of a certain length of time who doesnt expect this? Different companies are different, what people are used to in others they are not used to with you. The fact you have a snarky little attitude and want to address a customer with derision instead of real customer service shows you are the actual retard, not the customer.
phonemechanic

May 25, 2008, 12:23 PM
In what world can you give someone a rep the last 4 of your phone number and then the area code and expect anyone to be able to access anything? 🤣
Whitehores

May 25, 2008, 12:25 PM
Oh I'm sorry king cell phone, I had no idea every single one of your customers had to have the workings of your lookup methods memorized.

Shame on the dirty unwashed masses for being so sub human compared to your superior account information acquiring skills.
phonemechanic

May 25, 2008, 12:55 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
alltelbran

May 25, 2008, 1:55 PM
🤣 🤣 🤣
I AM GOD

May 26, 2008, 7:39 AM
🤣
golem22

May 26, 2008, 6:58 PM
that is why we ask for there wireless number beginning with the area code, since to many morons assume we just live down the block from them so obviously would have the same area code...
i_can_haz_textmsg

Jul 16, 2008, 4:04 PM
phonemechanic, *I* was personally highly amused at your post. specifically.

The point of these forums is that one CAN b1tch without worrying that anyone's gonna get lashed out at, we all know that at the end of the day this job doesn't matter to much - to most of us - and it's nice to have other people to commiserate with. Personally I've had two terrible sales days in a row (in comparison with the rockin month I've had so far), nothing but repair claims and whinya$$ people and complaints and broken phones that I can do nothing about...and reading this is a nice break and reminder that other people have to put up with it too.

i don't know why whitewhore is even wasting his time complaining about people complaining...
vreaper

Jul 20, 2008, 1:12 PM
valid points made by both sides of the argument.

in whitewhore's defense:
no, this job isn't hard
yes, we are in customer service
yes, we should expect customers to come into the store that don't know all the ins and outs of our industry
no, our days are not interesting to anyone who has not had a similar experience
and yes, everything that has been posted in the past year has probably been posted several times by other people over the course of the existence of this site... including whitewhore's whining about how all we do is whine

in everyone else's defense:

WHO THE HELL CARES?
shop talk is a place where employees go to talk about the proffessional and non-proffessional aspects of their day. a good portion of the people in...
(continues)
ihateeverything

May 25, 2008, 2:29 PM
This guy does not know the first thing about the art of trollism. Other trolls laugh at his pathetic attempts.
BigShowJB

May 25, 2008, 2:48 PM
I hope your trolliness isn't feeling threatened by this little upstart... 🤣
ihateeverything

May 25, 2008, 3:36 PM
What? No, I was talking about the OTHER trolls. Not me. 😉
I AM GOD

May 26, 2008, 8:10 AM
Quiet, vultroll.
liquidfire

May 25, 2008, 2:41 PM
🤣 🤣

your a tool. yea i said it, tool. you obviously have nothing better to do with your time than complain about people complaining. that makes you worse than us. so get overyourself tool and go do something productive
hereticcavi

May 25, 2008, 4:48 PM
i liked when that guy called him an asshat.....yeah asshat. I like it
Whitehores

May 28, 2008, 1:56 PM
You're
tiny

Jul 9, 2008, 3:56 PM
lame
FnKillMeNow

Jul 9, 2008, 4:02 PM
agreed.
took

May 27, 2008, 2:08 PM
If you hate all the whining... then why do you deal with "Shop Talk"? Why not lounge, or tech and trends? because its entertaining to hear someone else tlak about their experience with that one snaggle-tooth that had you trying every code they could think of for their account before you finally ask to see their phone to find out its the wrong carrier.
Whitehores

May 28, 2008, 1:58 PM
your customers dont need spiteful little trolls mocking them behind their backs.

everyone in this thread needs to stop acting like they are better than everyone else. It's actually quite the opposite.
vindawg

May 28, 2008, 2:13 PM
Customers come in everyday and who is to say that they are not mocking the pri*k rep that helped them that day. Come on man get out of your shell and come to reality.
metalsmokearsenal

Jul 14, 2008, 8:09 PM
if you really dont like to hear other reps bull, then why even bother logging in to this web site and actually reading everythig? just get the fu** out! let us vent
gozvzw

May 28, 2008, 2:12 PM
😕

I dont get it my 3rd grade learnin dont help much for readn stuf maybe if it was wrot in crayons i could read it better...

Yeah, everyone that posts in shop talk is a complete idiot, well that includes you.
darknessdenounced

Jul 8, 2008, 1:37 PM
don't be such a titty baby 😛
I Sell Phones

May 26, 2008, 12:24 PM
😲 😲

Has there been a thread on this forum with more responses than this one??? It seems that our customers are the ones that get the best of us. Which I'm not disagreeing with any said responses.
ddetorres

May 27, 2008, 9:20 AM
I love when they walk in all thugged out with a damaged phone saying that the phone is defective and we need to replace it for free. When you look at the phone you see its been dropped or sat on and explain to the that accidental damage isn't considered a defect and then they start yelling "dis is my business phone how am i supposed to make money if i ain't got no phone". This guy told me he worked in customer service at a grocery store and he would bend the rules to make customers happy. I think to myself $3 gallon of spoiled milk vs $280 phone hmmmm........... Same thing??? NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Then his other phone rings
I Sell Phones

May 27, 2008, 10:20 AM
Umm.. 👀

That's um...um...that's my girlfriend's phone.
liquidfire

May 28, 2008, 9:36 AM
when they come in all thugged out and say its their business phone, it prolly is. their business is sellin drugs, drinkin 40s and beating women. shame on you for not giving him a new phone for free. thug life is hard man. youz just dontz knowz

🤣
ddetorres

Jul 6, 2008, 12:09 PM
lol I had no idea.
lxav06

Jun 2, 2008, 3:04 PM
by far i think this is the longest thread i have seen, but i have been a mamber for less that a week. fun read anyway.
Pretty Keeley

Jul 7, 2008, 2:40 PM
Similar to number 14:

Me: Hello, what can I d for you today?

C: Pay a bill

Me: Alright, do you have your bill with you?

C: No

Me: Do you know how much you're paying or do you need me to look it up?

C: Oh, like, fifty something, or fifty-five seventy-something. I'm not sure.

*Ok, so no, you DON'T know how much you're paying. You could have saved your breath and me a headache and deathwish for you by just saying Look it up. Why must people make things so difficult?*
astone

Jul 8, 2008, 4:07 PM
It drives me crazy when I am on lunch or off of work however still in my work shirt and someone goes "hey do you work for AT&T", it takes every bit of will for me to reply kindly and not say something like "no I stole a shirt and wear it for the hell of it."
FnKillMeNow

Jul 8, 2008, 6:04 PM
the lady i just spoke to, while trying to program her phone..

m: ok, the screen will come up with enter mdn, type in your phone number with the area code first.
c: (after about a 5 sec pause) so, i'm just asking, you want me to type in my phone number?

do i not speak clearly enough?
nodeposit

Jul 9, 2008, 12:50 PM
More? Ok:

When people can read everything on the website about a phone EXCEPT when it says: "EXCLUSIVE ONLINE OFFER they miss the big letters or they don't know what exclusive means.

Prepaid.....All of it.

When people bring in 4 year old phones and want me to tell them why they don't work anymore or why the battery doesn't last. Seriously?

Or they get mad when I don't have an accessory for that 4 year old phone.

When customers pick up my data card display and ask: "How does this phone work?" and chuckle.

When they ask me why their bill is $XX instead of $YY like it's always been.....and then they haven't even looked at the bill yet......There is a reason there is more than 1 page to your bill jacka$$....why don't you t...
(continues)
stinkercole

Jul 10, 2008, 10:05 AM
MY FAVORITES:

A customer comes in with water in the screen and says "I didn't drop in water its a manufacters defect, it should be covered my warrenty."

A customer got a free phone when they signed breaks their phone, comes in to get a loaner phone, looks at the loaner phone, and says " you got anything better than this"
NOPE I'M FRESH OUT OF MY BLACKBERRY LOANERS!!
LIKE I'M SUPPOSE TO GIVE OU SOMETHING BETTER THAN WHAT YOU HAD!!

A customer just signs a contracts they wait til AFTER the 30 days to bring the phone back, and say it doesn't work. when it has physical damage all over it.

Me: Did you drop it?

C: No it was like that when I got it!

A customer comes into your store, sees a phone that the like and say "The store a...
(continues)
Lateralus55

Jul 10, 2008, 11:52 AM
The customer calls in to file a warranty claim because the phone makes a terrible buzzing noise. They make sure they call in on the phone so you can hear the buzzing sound. So through out the claim you have an obnoxious buzzing sound and can hardly hear the customer. Really people I will believe you if you tell me, you don't have to prove it.

C: See? Can you hear it? Its pretty bad huh? Dert da Durh.
Lateralus55

Jul 10, 2008, 12:02 PM
or they are setting up a claim because the phone drops calls. Half way through the claim the call drops. Really? Let's try calling back with the phone that does not drop calls.
60dollarcarcharger

Jul 10, 2008, 12:29 PM
How bout morons that bring up threads that are 2 months old? that one is a real bugger
Lateralus55

Jul 10, 2008, 2:38 PM
It hasn't been 2 months? Who is the Moron? Call the record books! Longest thread of all time. I have accomplished everything to do in life.
MizzSprint

Jul 10, 2008, 4:08 PM
Is it really that serious for people to get mad over this? Ask yourself that outloud, are you REALLY mad over this? Dang I don't wanna know how you'll react if someone overfed your Goldfish. 🙂
60dollarcarcharger

Jul 10, 2008, 4:14 PM
don't have a goldfish, but thanks for thinking of me. No, it doesn't make me mad, but it's just stupid to revive a post that has been dead for almost two months. You obviously are a sprint user
MizzSprint

Jul 17, 2008, 1:54 PM
😁 😁 😁 You're good!
Lateralus55

Jul 15, 2008, 3:41 PM
60dollarcarcharger said:
How bout morons that bring up threads that are 2 months old? that one is a real bugger

Has it really been 2 months? 🤣 Long live the longest thread!
Lateralus55

Jul 15, 2008, 12:16 PM
I love this thread! 🤣
Lateralus55

Jul 15, 2008, 6:10 PM
I'm going home. 🤣
learninghome

Jul 16, 2008, 3:05 PM
I'm putting this here since I want to rant but it's not worth starting a new thread.

Customer: I need to upgrade, but I don't have a credit card.

Me: You'll need to have a credit card to order, but you can use a friend or family members if you could borrow one, and I'd be happy to help you finish your order up.

Customer: I don't have one I can borrow.

Me: Then you will need to call 0.000.000.0000 and they can order your phone for you.

Customer: But how will I get the online prices? I want the phones at the prices here. This is very frustrating.

Me: I understand your frustration, but I don't have access to the information concerning their pricing and if you don't have any credit card you can use then I can't physically do a...
(continues)
i_can_haz_textmsg

Jul 16, 2008, 4:13 PM
seriously??? wow... 🤣 🤣
Lateralus55

Jul 16, 2008, 4:14 PM
😉
tiny

Jul 16, 2008, 5:06 PM
wow.. ppl are bastards.
learninghome

Jul 16, 2008, 5:34 PM
Aren't they, though?

But then again I've gotten all kind of chats with random people asking me if they can "hit that" or detailing their *ahem* penile endowments for me.

So... there have been worse.
caca

Jul 16, 2008, 5:43 PM
and u havent gotten back to me on that..

SO when can i Hit It? 😉
tiny

Jul 17, 2008, 5:00 PM
it's annoying when they ask if they have to put their sim card in thier phone before they turn it on. grr.
Ellie004

Jul 18, 2008, 9:50 AM
I cannot stand when they assume I speak spanish so they start speaking to me in spanish really really fast..

and then I politely say: I'm sorry I don't speak spanish...(sometimes I attempt this is spanish)

and they look at me and start yelling at me in perfect ENGLISH that I LOOK hispanic so I should speak spanish and blah blah blah...
they're so mean about it too 🙄
lxav06

Jul 22, 2008, 11:28 AM
or the ones that, buy a 10. treo, drop it don't care and treat it like crap, have dirt, duogh and other stuff on it and wonder why it does not work or stays stuck on sync mode. and I tell him since he don't have insurance he has to but a new one. and say can't afford it, can't upgrade till he past due is paid. and he says that he can't pay because he bought a 200.00 stereo for his car. AND says he is always late because he is black and black people can't pay their bills on time, AND what's worse is other black lady listing in to the conversation agree on the black paying things late!
oh and his bill is sent to a florida address ( wew are in texas) so his girl won't see who he call and texts, and tells me "my girl wants to see who i talk and...
(continues)
TacTiqs

Jul 23, 2008, 8:11 AM
Your post makes no sense whatsoever. I'm not sure if it was the run-on sentences, bad spelling, or poor spacing. Perhaps it's the overall racist tone of it all...

🙄
Lateralus55

Jul 29, 2008, 11:05 AM
Maybe? 🙂
DarkStar

Jul 29, 2008, 2:22 PM
whoa how is his post racist?

Black people can't pay their bills on time. The two customers were black and agreed on that. I think I would take the word of two black people on what black people do than anybody of a different race.

I was raised jewish. Its true jews are cheap.

I am half mexican. Its true that mexican men beat their wives and leaves their families after making tons of babies.
cellfiend

Jul 29, 2008, 12:48 PM
lxav06 said:
AND says he is always late because he is black and black people can't pay their bills on time, AND what's worse is other black lady listing in to the conversation agree on the black paying things late!

Your English skills are atrocious. But, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA for that part.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.