Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 15 replies

*rolls* Augh, stab me in the eye...

traegon

Apr 7, 2008, 8:37 PM
I am so tired of another department talking to me like i'm a customer. I'm a friggin employee working for the same company as you, really, you dont have to check with me every 30 seconds. You dont have to say 'Okay, I'd be happy to help you with that.'. I dont need crap repeated to me. I WORK FOR THE SAME COMPANY AS YOU!
traegon

Apr 7, 2008, 8:38 PM
👿 Stupid enter key hit early.. anyone else have this problem? 😡 And I dont mean to hit against those who happen to work in said department, but it seems to happen mostly in Care. 👿
Nikoletta

Apr 11, 2008, 11:42 PM
Yes, constantly, though not with Care.

We have a credit check department who generally I like and get along with however they seem to be required to act like I am brain damaged sometimes.

Specifically when they give me the credit class... We use letters as code... so like (this is not the real code but you'll get the idea) W = Approved for 3 regular lines of service with no deposit at this time and can add another line after a year... or H = Converted from a dealer plan... stuff like that. I know all the codes, I've worked here for 4 years, I do NOT need to have the letter explained to me EVERY SINGLE TIME I call. Especially not the most common one (which is at least half the the credit checks I run.)

Now I'm sure that when dealin...
(continues)
smiliey

Apr 7, 2008, 9:06 PM
just talk to me like a am a real person
lvncsrep

Apr 7, 2008, 9:11 PM
i completely understand how you feel and sad to say that even though i talk to other depts i have to talk to them like they are a cust because if i get a critical in quality i can get suspended. but i know what you mean. 😡
DANGER13

Apr 7, 2008, 9:44 PM
I JUST FIND IT HILARIOUS WHEN I CAN CALL CUST. CARE AND I KNOW MORE ABOUT WHAT THEY CAN DO THEN THEY CAN WHY CANT CELL PHONE COMPANIES EITHER GET QUALIFIED CANDIDATES OR AT LEAST TRAIN THEM PROPERLY
johnnyslick

Apr 8, 2008, 12:01 PM
They don't teach how to turn off caps lock in your training, do they?

You're definitely a salesperson though. No offense to other sales reps but this mensa applicant is far too brainy for neurosurgery.
traegon

Apr 7, 2008, 10:12 PM
Yeah. i figured as much. It's just frustrating at times 🙂 Was no personal hit on care themselves. I just sometimes question ignorant policy. 😡
BLEDSOE

Apr 8, 2008, 9:29 AM
I totally agree...Talking to us like a customer only elongates the call and takes up your alloted time to handle this call. I really do not need to you tell me at the end of the call that you appreciate my being a customer and if i have any more issues to call back in....I will. I work here. I have to tell you that at the beginning of the call. At least some do just say have a great day and rest of your shift...That works. Do not give me the same speal that i have to give to the customer in front of me....it only makes me roll my eyes and almost hang up before you are finsished......Sorry. I do appreciate care doing their job......but those rules are atrocious. And we do have agent care....but you call them and they act like they can't do ...
(continues)
ac4321

Apr 8, 2008, 11:50 AM
The last week or so, *some* of our internal departments have been saying, "Thanks for being part of the team" instead of "thanks for choosing Sprint."

As a tradeoff to that, the last tech support rep I spoke with said he *had* to use a step by step sheet to troubleshoot a simple web error. Thirty minutes later, after having to say several times, "already did that," he finally got to the step on his sheet that was the solution I had asked him to do first. Oddly enough, it worked right after that.
😡
OfAMightDivine

Apr 8, 2008, 11:54 AM
That guy must have been new. I know alot of times our reps are so stuck on scripts and sheets when they first get on the phones. It's hard to break that habit, because it's drilled into their heads from the training environment. In our center at least, we try to break those habits.

If it's broken, and you know how to fix it right away, then just fix it. If you have no idea, THEN use the steps.
dualitycomplex

Apr 8, 2008, 8:03 PM
i love calling into the warrenty dept.

M-hi my name is XXXX i'm an agent for you out in XX, i'm calling in for my customer XX they are right here with me, i have a defective XX on a XX, i already inspected the phone for water damage, physical damage, did a master reset, hard reset and all the usual stuff, so lets get this rolling and a replacement phone shipped to their house.

SVC Rep- if you could just take the back of teh phone off and look at the sticker behind the battery and tell me what color it is.

M-i already did that.

SVC R- *cuts me off*

M- white.

Rep-did you....

M *cuts him off* yes, i did everything your going to tell me to do, i'm a rep not a customer, its ok you dont need to script me, if you have anything ...
(continues)
BLEDSOE

Apr 9, 2008, 11:27 AM
for real...if i am having an error with an activation or upgrade...DO not tell me to put the customer on the line and you will ship him the phone. That you will not clear out the computer error so that i can proceed because you will be doing ALL the work and getting nothing from it.
🙂 Hey they are here infront of me with bad breath,straight from the gym absolutely needing to add a line right now BEFORE they take their weekly shower...but yes by all means reseting the imei is definitely doing all the work...go ahead and ship them a phone..... 😁
lady_att

Apr 10, 2008, 1:10 PM
i know at att warranty they are required to ask the color of the LDI sticker, just saying you've checked it for water damage isn't enough. and as far as i know, a master/hard reset DOES delete the customers contacts from the device.
jwinch04

Apr 9, 2008, 11:35 AM
lol the best is when u reask the cust for there number then they talk super slow, like ur the dumbest person ever.... thats how u piss off a tech rep. 👿
golem22

Apr 11, 2008, 1:32 PM
or dont forget when they talk with a really uppity voice and then tell you that they are experts with whatever they are calling in about. If your such an expert why the hell are you talking to me?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.