Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

The concept of no...

coldouthereND

Mar 8, 2008, 3:58 PM
is lost...so...i've worked in this industry for 2 years now and am sick of customers who don't understand the concept of "No." or "It's not an option/Available." I've had to escalated calls today becuase customers wanted brand new equipment which is not available under the manufacturers warranty--they freak out and go off about canceling service because they paid full price for a brand new phone...4 months ago...they think they are entitled to a new phone because thats what they originally purchased...well...you have a used phone now...so you're going to get a remanufactured phone...and then you try to explain to them that its set up the same way with EVERY carrier--cause it is...I have a different carrier and it's that way...I have friends ...
(continues)
honeysuckle03

Mar 8, 2008, 5:10 PM
try:

no honey, or no sweetheart..

or not in your dreams, pscho!!

😁
ImmixGuy

Mar 8, 2008, 6:17 PM
Just give 'em this - When your home phone stops working, does the phone company give you a phone....I dont think so.
smiliey

Mar 8, 2008, 7:08 PM
worrd! thats a good one.
disgruntledtech

Mar 8, 2008, 10:12 PM
Then they will say "thats not the same thing!" or "I don't understand!". Customers like that who get into the 'I want a new phone for free' mode have tunnel vision. They see the new phone and thats it, no type of explaining or analogies will get them to see otherwise.
MizzSprint

Mar 10, 2008, 12:12 PM
I love those customers that go buy their phones at a 3rd party place and when they have problems they wanna come to a corperate retail store. So I'm like no we cannot return it because it's not in the system. So their arguement is always but it's the same company. Here's my metaphor for that. If you go to BestBuy and buy a Sony TV you cannot take that same TV to Circuit city just because they sell the same products, the response is "Oh but that's something different" Why do most people always complain about being so busy when it's like dude the time you're wasting crying in my face is time u can be using to go to the store you purchased the device from SCRAM!
MauiBuilt

Mar 10, 2008, 10:03 PM
They might actually come back with, "No, that's more like buying a Sony TV from Best Buy and then taking it to Sony when it breaks and asking for a replacement." In which case, they might have a point. It's not the same as buying a phone from Wal-Mart and trying to take it to Radio Shack for issues as it is to buy from Wal-Mart and then take it to an ATT COR store when issues arrise. Don't get me wrong, customers are greedy and want everything free, but using that analogy on a greedy customer with half an intellect will get you in trouble..
JoMc

Mar 9, 2008, 1:16 PM
some people don't read everything on their warrenty or contracts either. I have had two phones replaced with no problems. But I read my warrentys & took out extended warrentys. I was able to take these phones straight to local stores and got them replced for free. Jo
UOQuack

Mar 10, 2008, 4:49 PM
I like girls who don't understand the concept of "no".

😈
princessn1984

Mar 10, 2008, 5:05 PM
"(insert company name) is such a rip off. All they try to do is rip you off! I'm going to look into going to (insert another company name)."
fyredawg

Mar 10, 2008, 5:21 PM
ALL. THE. TIME.
fyredawg

Mar 10, 2008, 5:23 PM
When I can tell a pain-in-the-arse customer that I can't help them. Sometimes when the come in throwing around a bad attitude, I professionally give them three chances to calm down and show me the same professional respect. If they blow all three, which sometimes they do, I tell them I can't help them and to take their business elsewhere. I don't put up with that crap. I figure I'm just doing my part to try to rid ignorance from the world.
OfAMightDivine

Mar 10, 2008, 11:28 PM
fyredawg said:
I figure I'm just doing my part to try to rid ignorance from the world.

If that was true, then you'd have a gun, and always running out of ammo.
traegon

Mar 10, 2008, 8:04 PM
Join the crowd. I've had those people. I love those who have the insurance.. "Why do I have to pay a 50$ deductible?! I pay 7.00$ a month!"

"Because it's till insurance, like with medical, Auto, and etc, you still have deductible you must pay."

Pfft. Which do you want to pay Mr./Mrs. Customr. 50$ or 399$ for a new phone? 🙄

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.