Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 10 replies

Calling AT&T employees

princessn1984

Mar 2, 2008, 12:29 PM
A co-worker/friend of mine is looking into working for AT&T... he wants to know the benefits that are there as well as how much you have to pay for phones and service and if you have to sign a contract. Thanks in advance. 🙂
Hombre07

Mar 2, 2008, 12:33 PM
It varies. For an agent you pay retail for a phone unless you boss cuts you a deal. No contract. The plan we get is $25 2000 Minutes, Unlimited SMS, 200 MMS, 5MB Data. It's not a bad deal by any means, but I didn't start working just to get the plan either.
princessn1984

Mar 2, 2008, 12:36 PM
You work for AT&T or a third party?
Hombre07

Mar 2, 2008, 12:38 PM
Third party. By agent I mean Authorized Agent store.
princessn1984

Mar 2, 2008, 12:41 PM
So it varies from third party to third party because I know someone else that doesn't get a break at all and works for a third party.
Hombre07

Mar 2, 2008, 12:44 PM
There are certain qualifications and each agent is limited to a certain number of lines so it's possible that only management and senior staff gets it in that store. Qualifications are usually just 30 days working and completing a bunch of classes in the wireless university.
Buyers Remorse

Mar 3, 2008, 9:30 AM
demo plan is like Hombre said for authorized agents; if you work cor they give paid benefits day 1 and an employee line that you dont have to pay for; ive worked both and they each have pros and cons
UOQuack

Mar 3, 2008, 10:46 AM
You've worked both agent channel and COR? Which did you work first, and how easy was it for you to switch over from one channel to the other?
Buyers Remorse

Mar 3, 2008, 11:25 AM
Worked COR first, then did B2B for a multi-carrier, now managing at an Indirect AT&T in PA. Direct was nice for bens and comp phone; b2b company paid my for my BB, and now im getting comped my new demo BB as manager, and I make the schedule here, so its not bad
cellphonetourettes

Mar 4, 2008, 9:15 AM
Corporate owned retail is the best way to go! Union benefits and GUARANTEED raises every six months not to mention you DO NOT pay for service! Unless of course if your manager makes you use your COU (company official use) line only as such. In which case you sign up for a 1,000 minute employee rate plan and just pay taxes plus any addl. features you may want. In the market I am in there are not tight restrictions on cou.
fyredawg

Mar 4, 2008, 12:57 PM
A friend of mine works for cor AT&T and he's trying to recruit me, and I've heard good things. I'm worried about commission though, worried if there's good money there. Any thoughts?

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.