Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 17 replies

Looking for someone.....

Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 12:17 PM
who works for Asurion.

I have a question to ask and I just want to know the answer before I call so I'm not taking up a reps time on the phone if it's not something that can be done.

Thanks in advance 🙂
Blumpelstiltskin

Feb 24, 2008, 12:40 PM
What seems to be the problem? I don't recall ever seeing anyone from asurion on here, so you might be waiting a while...
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 12:49 PM
I've seen some people but probably not working today.

I just made a claim on my phone today because the hinge is cracked off, my phone is backordered so they said it would take a week to get to me. That wasn't an issue for me because my phone was still working. Anywhoo, I opened my phone to read a text today and the piece that holds the phone in place fell out and I can't get it back in because there's nothing to hold it there. So my screen is just kinda hanging out on one hinge and the screen blacks out and I'm just afraid the earpiece will go soon too.

Again normally not a problem, but my s.o. lives about 1800 miles away and I talk to him on the phone every night so I don't want it to stop working. Well plus I text a lot.

So my ...
(continues)
dalily21

Feb 24, 2008, 1:07 PM
who is your carrier? do you by chance have another phone you can activate in the mean time?
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 1:12 PM
Sprint

And I don't have another one, my other phone powercycles so that one is unusable.

I can't deal with it if it can't be done, i'll just be extremely careful. I was just wondering if it could be just in case this one doesn't make it.
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 1:13 PM
*can* deal with it if it can't be I meant 🤭
StoreLead

Feb 24, 2008, 2:06 PM
if it's just the hinge, and you can't get a replacement sooner, you can always keep using it with an earpiece. i've seen people do that, and it works fine.
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 2:13 PM
I do use a bt headset with it, which is why I said I could deal with it. I was just wondering, i'm not expecting any exceptions to be made in my case. It's not like I don't know that is was my fault that I dropped my phone on the concrete lol.

It just sucks to text on, but again no biggie.
StoreLead

Feb 24, 2008, 2:26 PM
gotcha. i'd say just call and ask. if it's on backorder, they might be able to cancel the order and place it again.
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 2:31 PM
That's probably what I'll do, I just was seeing if I could get an answer before making the call so I either A. Don't waste their time or B. Sound like an idiot.
StoreLead

Feb 24, 2008, 2:38 PM
lol

don't worry about either. it's a legit question. 😉
ImmixGuy

Feb 24, 2008, 2:54 PM
I got a couple of Sprint Red V3ms Im looking to unload. No Memory cards or batteries though...
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 3:09 PM
Thanks but I'll pass, I'm really not a fan of that phone nor are my customers. I'll just stick it out, it's all good. 🙂
ImmixGuy

Feb 24, 2008, 3:33 PM
I had good luck with it. I just got rid of sprint because of the games they kept playing. True, I only dealt with some random outsourced people over the phone, because they shut my sprint store down a month after I bought the phone, but everytime I had a question, I always got the run around. So i just washed my hands of it and went to a regional carrier. Ive had good luck since.
Wyldchylde

Feb 24, 2008, 3:38 PM
Thank you for the offer though

My store (the one I work at) is going to probably be shut down soon.

Other than me possible losing my job, I'm happy with the phone service at least. 🙂
ImmixGuy

Feb 24, 2008, 4:16 PM
Its ...'eh' here. Were a pretty mountainous area, so I dont think the geography haelps at all
ac4321

Feb 25, 2008, 11:22 AM
What kind of phone do you have?

Repair locations can repair hinges on a lot of models. If you have a repairable model and a reapir place reasonably close this is the better option.
Wyldchylde

Feb 26, 2008, 1:06 PM
I have a service and repair location across the street and I used to work there so I still have friends there. They told me they'd replace it for the 55.00, I just ended up doing it through insurance and paying the 50.00 (I only have erp on my plan, not tep) and they were able to put that on my bill so it's all good. I can wait a couple days.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.