Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 13 replies

dont you love..

burntbridges

Jan 15, 2008, 1:43 PM
when customers call in to complain and YOU CAN TELL that they've practiced their little speech and are just reciting it. gah. i swear sometimes people write down their stupid complaints and just read them off.
OfAMightDivine

Jan 15, 2008, 1:47 PM
We have a lot of scrips here also. When I can tell someone is reading or doing an act, I make sure to read the scripts we can use word for word. They usually get the idea.
Nikoletta

Jan 15, 2008, 8:49 PM
We also have a lot of scripted reply when we do chats. It's really nice actually, we make them ourselves so they are personal and reasonably customized, just things we find ourselves typing a lot. I have perhaps 50 of my own plus there is a selection of replies the system provides, which we largely choose not to use since they SOUND scripted.

What drives me insane is when customer don't read anything we say. Our first prompt is always the same and does the generic thank yous and then asks if they would like to continue on the chat or if they would like us to call (I hate this question with a passion. If they wanted to speak on the phone they should have CALLED US not come on the chat and demanded we call them.) But only about half of ...
(continues)
Nikoletta

Jan 15, 2008, 8:54 PM
Then this one just happened to remind me how much I love it.

Customer is approved for a restricted account type (Flexpay) and we have a script for that. It tells them all the restrictions.

They pretend to read it and say "That sounds great!" because all they really read was the part that said they were approved for two lines. They did not read anything about the spending limit or the fact that they have to pay today.

So I tell them that explicitly, that their first month's service will come off of their card today.

"Oh I have to pay now?"

"Yes sir."

"Can't you just bill it to me?"

"No, one of the terms of what your were approved for was the fact that everything must be paid in advance."

"Oh, nevermind, I don't have ...
(continues)
burntbridges

Jan 17, 2008, 3:12 PM
Oh man, I don't think I could handle all that.. it would be too hard to control my fingers from typing something mean. o.O
.Dylan

Jan 15, 2008, 9:51 PM
That's hilarious

"Which one please?"

"Service." 😁
Nikoletta

Jan 16, 2008, 1:00 AM
Clearly it is a hard question because I get that all the time!
princessn1984

Jan 15, 2008, 1:48 PM
People just want stuff for free.
dalily21

Jan 16, 2008, 1:42 AM
yeah. one of my reps was so ticked by what t mobile did to her, between calls she would jot down what she was going to tell them. she drove 2 hours to get a phone that we didnt have where we lived and they cld not do it in the other city, out of market. t mo offered her 5 bucks as a courtesy credit for nearly 5 hours of driving. umm no
burntbridges

Jan 17, 2008, 3:13 PM
ewww..that sucks. the ones I get though are stupid stupid things!
captainplooky

Jan 16, 2008, 10:16 AM
Do you get upset when they don't listen to your scripted closing statement as well?
burntbridges

Jan 17, 2008, 3:13 PM
in a retail store.. dont have a scripted closing. 🙂
504lady

Jan 16, 2008, 3:16 PM
OK, I work in an indirect Sprint call center and we were offering our customers up to a 50% discount off of their past due balance and also reviewing their last bill with them to make sure they didn't have any overage charges. Many of the customers were dissatisfied with the amount the discount would be taking off and wanted more.

Then you have the customers that deny the overages. For instance, one customer had downloads on his phone line but his son's phone line was barely used. When I informed him about the download charges, he yelled and yelled forever saying that he's been having his phone the whole time and he hasnt downloaded anything. BUT also he had international roaming charges on his line as well and stated that he went o...
(continues)
burntbridges

Jan 17, 2008, 3:14 PM
Ah, gotta love those! I hate when they deny overage and you show them their past usage.. and they STILL deny it! AH!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.