Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 14 replies

I really hate this kind of stuff...

OfAMightDivine

Jan 4, 2008, 12:13 PM
Articles all over the media about how to screw over Cell companies. Read this one : http://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Cellular- Service-Contract

For those firewalled :

How to Get out of a Cellular Service Contract

In the U.S., it can be easier to end a marriage than to leave a loveless relationship with Verizon or T-Mobile. No, you don't have to move to SIM card swapping Europe. Try these guerrilla tactics to get out of your service contract. Steps

1. Find an alternative Having ammunition as to what contract you are going to switch to will give you confidence and strength to go through with the painful process of getting out of your contract.
2. Be a squeaky wheel. Say you want out because the service isn't up to par. ...
(continues)
jdickey84

Jan 4, 2008, 2:44 PM
these are the same people who want the world for free!
BigShowJB

Jan 4, 2008, 3:05 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
Articles all over the media about how to screw over Cell companies. Read this one : http://www.wikihow.com/Get-out-of-a-Cellular- Service-Contract

3. Get a lemon. Get a known problematic phone, complain 3 times, be let out of a contract due to your local lemon law.
No it Doesn't... it just gets you a new model of phone

5. Look for your provider to bury changes to Terms of Service with your bill. Quite often providers modify their service plans, much of the time the modification is a benefit. It doesn't matter, this voids the previous contract. Read the small print on those inserts included with your bill, it will spell out that you have 30 days (may vary on
(continues)
Guy Montag

Jan 4, 2008, 3:34 PM
There are three things in here that work. One, Moving out of area, but some will still throw the ETF at you. Two, Military Orders will get you out of contract. Three, outside roaming, which is getting hard to do, might as well move. As for death, well, all things are final in death. I don't think you Win in this case.
PlastikPalmTrees

Jan 4, 2008, 3:36 PM
WHERE did you get that Bert pic? bertisevil.tv?
Guy Montag

Jan 4, 2008, 3:59 PM
Yeah, just cut it from one of the pics in the second folder.
foxiangel5

Jan 6, 2008, 12:34 PM
about that whole roaming thing. it states in the terms that if you are roaming more than 50% of the time, they will begin charging you .69 per min. its in black and white, we tell you to read it, if you dont then its not our problem.

buying a probalmatic phone? wow thats genius. not really....my ex went throught 6 moto Qs before they finally upgraded him to a Q9...they contract doesnt say that if your phone doesnt work properly you can leave.

this really irritates me because i hear people threatening this all the time. oh btw, i work for sprint...so yeah..lol
Lapdog

Jan 6, 2008, 1:35 PM
If you hate it so much, then why did you provide the link plus copy & paste the whole article?

Riiiight...
OfAMightDivine

Jan 6, 2008, 1:43 PM
Oh no! You caught me! I secretly LOVE it when people read these articles and think they're correct. I simply dance with glee anytime I get a customer who escalates for no reason because they want something unreasonable. I spin and twirl around in utter joy when I get sworn and cussed at because the customer is trying to cheat the carrier.

I posted the link for those who can go to it.

I posted the whole article for those who can't.

Simple, right?
Lapdog

Jan 6, 2008, 1:46 PM
I just don't understand someone saying they hate when someone does something then proceeds to do the exact thing they hate.

Simple, right?
Lapdog

Jan 6, 2008, 1:47 PM
You could have just said you hate when people give out info on how to get out of contracts...

Simple, right?
OfAMightDivine

Jan 6, 2008, 1:48 PM
And somehow I get the felling you'd make snide comments about it no matter what was posted. If you don't like it, don't read it. 🙂
Lapdog

Jan 6, 2008, 1:57 PM
No, I just think it's asinine to do EXACTLY what you say you hate. It just doesn't reinforce your argument.
Lapdog

Jan 6, 2008, 1:59 PM
OfAMightDivine said:
If you don't like it, don't read it. 🙂

I didn't say I didn't like it...YOU were the one that said YOU hated it.
getsome

Jan 6, 2008, 1:42 PM
booyah. americans have seriously degraded themselves over the years. seriously. Ross Perot ftw. slakdfowfoweiofshdofhsd 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.