Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 42 replies

What's the strangest thing a customer said to you?

OfAMightDivine

Nov 18, 2007, 11:51 PM
That didn't have anything to do with the Wireless Industry?

I had a custie long ago that started the call with

"Ok, I need to explain something and not have you be mad at me. I was digging in my front yard, and I didn't mean to hit it!"

His issue? He accidentally hit a buried cable in the ground when he was trying to put in a new Mail-box post. Why he called Customer Service (I was T-Mobile at the time) stumped me.
eljeffe666

Nov 19, 2007, 12:36 AM
i had about 4 ppl in one week come into my store and asked if we had a pharmacy in the store as if the big suncom sign says cvs morons ๐Ÿ‘ฟ
Hombre07

Nov 19, 2007, 2:34 AM
One time I had someone tell me the microwave I sold them was a piece of crap. After explaining this was an AT$T store he looked around and said wait, this isn't Wal-Mart. Please note my store would fit inside the mens restroom at Wal-Mart.
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 19, 2007, 4:02 AM
I had a customer ask me what color underwear I had on. I felt VIOLATED
BigShowJB

Nov 19, 2007, 1:26 PM
well, what color is it ? ๐Ÿคค
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 24, 2007, 4:43 AM
very funny!
BigShowJB

Nov 25, 2007, 12:05 PM
ok well if you won't tell me did you tell her? (the customer)
Imajika

Nov 19, 2007, 10:00 AM
I had a customer tell me that he had spent all day out in the woods trying to catch the cattle rustlers that were ruining his life.

Then he proceeded to tell me that he kept hearing other voices on his line. When I asked if he meant picking up other cell phone conversations he told me no. He said they would say his name and tell him to do things so he knew people were hacking into his device and trying to ruin his life.

This man was clearly crazy...I mean he really was crazy.
hazelwithdip

Nov 28, 2007, 11:20 AM
that one is scary... ๐Ÿ‘€
Blumpelstiltskin

Nov 19, 2007, 10:23 AM
*customer walks into store*
c- "you can't help me"

m-"..."

c- "where can I get a good AT&T wall phone

m- "you're right ma'am - I cannot help you... I'm strictly wireless"

c-"well my phone is all static... I can't hear anyone. I need to know where there is a repair center - can't you call someone?"

m-"Ma'am I thought we already established that I really can't help you on this topic. I understand that I have an AT&T sign on my store, however, we aren't intergrated with the land line service."

c-"well you sell phones, so I respect your opinion"

m-" ๐Ÿ‘€ best buy is down the road ma'am"

c-"I knew you weren't going to be able to help me"

m-"well if you ever need anything regarding cellular phones please keep m...
(continues)
cilvzwagent

Nov 19, 2007, 10:50 AM
10 x 60 = 480

See previous post to get full story:

https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
WM6user

Nov 19, 2007, 9:44 PM
Again I say: ๐Ÿคฃ
aavera

Nov 24, 2007, 3:54 PM
๐Ÿคฃ
MadasHeII

Nov 19, 2007, 11:18 AM
Can I pay my Juno bill here?
M15TER P1NK

Nov 19, 2007, 2:02 PM
c - my cable is out.

m - ๐Ÿ‘€

c - did you hear me?

m - your cable is out

c - yes

m - ๐Ÿ‘€

c - are you going to help me?

m - with your cable being out?

c - yes

m - this is a sprint store.

c - yes i know.

m - how exactly is it you want me to help you with your cable?

c - fix it.

m - we sell cell phones and cell phone service.

c - i dont need a cell phone... i need my cable fixed.

m - ๐Ÿคจ what carrier do you have?

c - i dont have a carrier... i need my cable fixed... are you even listening to me?

m - ๐Ÿคจ who provides your cable?

c - i do... i pay my bill and i want my service to work.

m - ๐Ÿคจ when you pay said bill... what is the name of the company printed at the to...
(continues)
WM6user

Nov 19, 2007, 9:39 PM
๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿคฃ
WhoDey

Nov 20, 2007, 3:03 PM
Maybe she was a pivot customer?
hazelwithdip

Nov 28, 2007, 11:27 AM
i will hold your hands while we hang ourselves.
AT n TingularOne

Nov 19, 2007, 6:01 PM
ill let you pick

1. An old lady comes in on a sunday when it's generally dead, but this day just happens to be when the store is slammed packed. i clear the store out ASAP and she's been waiting for about 15 minutes. I notice she has an oxygen mask nose tube thingy, she throws her prepaid at me tells me it's expired and she needs a new # now...BECAUSE SHE'S RUNNIN OUT OF OXYGEN AND DOESNT KNOW HOW MUCH LONGER SHE'LL BE CONSCIOUS!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ
OR
2. We have a sign posted that reads "free motorola razor after mail in rebate." Some guy about in his 40's wanders into the store and is lookin around for ten minutes and comes to me and asks with a bold face.."where are your razors" i proceed to walk him to the display. He then go...
(continues)
WM6user

Nov 19, 2007, 9:40 PM
Number 1 FTW!!!!
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 24, 2007, 6:03 AM
i think both are great! ๐Ÿคฃ
3LeggedDinosaur

Nov 19, 2007, 8:33 PM
I've had customers ask me out on dates, ask if I would like to go out with their daughter, and here's the winner of them all, this guy asked me: "Do you know what a warm moist tongue feels like in you're ***hol3, because if you're not busy tonight I could show you."

๐Ÿ˜ณ WTF is wrong with people.
rainbowbrite

Nov 23, 2007, 1:21 PM
I would feel completely violated for sure!
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 24, 2007, 6:04 AM
omg! thats just going too far
Webb

Nov 26, 2007, 12:29 AM
3LeggedDinosaur said:
I've had customers ask me out on dates, ask if I would like to go out with their daughter, and here's the winner of them all, this guy asked me: "Do you know what a warm moist tongue feels like in you're ***hol3, because if you're not busy tonight I could show you."

๐Ÿ˜ณ WTF is wrong with people.

Just advise him that you've been eating greasy, spicy food all day, and drinking nothing but milkshakes, and that now you have an absolutely epic case of the sh*ts.
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 27, 2007, 1:59 AM
lmao ๐Ÿคฃ
CorMor

Nov 20, 2007, 5:05 PM
"This is a case where size really does matter," says customer to me. (Talking about the two different nokia chargers we have. Perv.
Jennyboo

Nov 20, 2007, 6:43 PM
I had someone a long time ago say that we gave them a used number and it belongs to someone else and now that person who has that number is after them and it's our fault. They wanted us to call their number and tell whoever picked up that they need to quit harrassing them. So just for fun we called the number and her phone rang......so I told her we can change her number if she wanted.

She said no and I said I can't stop somebody from harrassing her and that there isn't a way someone else has her number. She said I was wrong and if it gets worse then we'd be liable.

She walked away and I told her to have a great day.

She flipped me off.
thatnewgirl

Nov 27, 2007, 9:51 PM
What in the world? ๐Ÿ˜•
AnWrOoTbEeR

Nov 24, 2007, 9:24 AM
Yesterday I had to speak to a "mexican/spanish" customer. -didn't understand ANY english what-so-ever. Dialogue is messy because of this reason...imagine how was feeling.

m- "Hi, how can I help you today?"

C- "um.. don't know."

M- "Are you looking to purchase a cell phone?"

C- " *nods head* think so."

M- "..."

C- "you get long distant on you lowest plan, yes?"

M- "nope... if you go one plan up, you will have the long distance. And it's unlimited too."

C- "So I get long distant on any plan?"

M- "No."

C- "that ok, i just buy phone card."

M- "why? We're UNLIMITED on this plan *pointing out long distance plan* You'll just waste money on something you don't need."

C- "but I want to call florida down south"
(continues)
moonlitawakening

Nov 24, 2007, 3:45 PM
Custy = C
Me= M

C: "Your destiny is to go to North Carolina and become my secretary."

M: "...Okay..."

C: "I don't want to ever hear you say that God didn't tell you what to do with your life because I just told you."

M: "Sir, did you had any more questions about go phones?"

C: "Oh, yes..."
ac4321

Nov 25, 2007, 5:43 PM
moonlitawakening said:
Custy = C
Me= M

C: "Your destiny is to go to North Carolina and become my secretary."

M: "...Okay..."

C: "I don't want to ever hear you say that God didn't tell you what to do with your life because I just told you."

M: "Sir, did you had any more questions about go phones?"

C: "Oh, yes..."

Did God tell him to offer you a decent salary or benefits? 401k, medical, paid vacation, pay to relocate, etc?

๐Ÿคฃ
PhoneyName

Nov 24, 2007, 5:02 PM
I'm paraphrasing to cut out a lot of crazy talk, but I promise the last statement he made is a DIRECT QUOTE.

C: I need you to pull up my account and block this lady from calling me. *gives me a local landline number*

M: We're Verizon Wireless, I can't do anything with your house phone.

C: Don't give me that s***, I know the truth! I have the answers right here! **waves a brochure on God and the Justice system he picked up from God knows where**

He walks around the store babbling to my coworkers about "the truth", leaves, and comes back a few minutes later, when I happen to be all alone.

C: I've had enough of this. Now you need to block this lady from calling me because she's leaving all these messages on my answering...
(continues)
Haze

Nov 25, 2007, 3:07 PM
Customer - "oh,oh yea,mmm,yea"
Me - "Thank You For Calling Sprint.."

Let you use your imagination.
geminiwireless.com

Nov 25, 2007, 11:10 PM
I have had many but there are a few that come to mind a drunk woman comes in the store and her phone will not power up. I take the phone to the repair area and look at it, there is obvious "water damage" I notice a smell of whiskey on the wet phone. I come back and say that the phone has liquid damage from what smells like whiskey. She proceeds accuse me on pouring whiskey on her phone and told me she was going to sue me. To funny. A reality show at a cell phone store would be pure comedy.
BigShowJB

Nov 26, 2007, 1:44 PM
oh i would watch that one ... if not ask to be in it!!!

it wouldn't even have to be a reality show.. . "The Office" for cell phones

call it "wireless", "call me", "nikoletta's story" ... there's all sorts of good titles out there
OfAMightDivine

Nov 26, 2007, 1:59 PM
I think *headdesk* would be the best title.
Debo

Nov 26, 2007, 9:51 AM
I have had too many to recount but this thread I posted some time ago tops my list.
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »
Nikoletta

Nov 27, 2007, 8:54 PM
Not to me but...

I heard the recording. We had two that were PRICELESS.

First whack-job...

"Now don't get alarmed, don't get upset, but I am... The Lord Jesus Christ." This was part of the explanation as to why he should get a free MR Cartoon Limited Edition Sidekick 2.

Second lunatic...

I won't quote, but she was rambling about how she was having trouble getting around because her donkey had stepped on her foot and cracked a bone and it hurt. The agent offered to transfer her to care to deal with her issue and the customer lost it and began making animal noises, like screaming them. She brayed like a donkey a bunch of times, meowed, quacked, barked and neighed like a horse. Then suddenly acted completely normal when the ...
(continues)
Guy Montag

Nov 27, 2007, 10:29 PM
A guy once asked me for a piece of pizza I had just thrown away. I worked at a pizza place in the mall. I just gave him a semi fresh piece that had yet to hit the trash can.
TmobileGirl28

Nov 28, 2007, 2:51 PM
i had a customer call in one day and he needed help fixing his blackberry. Well after i got done verifying his acct. and all that good stuff he starting asking me all kinds of questions. Trying to keep the call on track and get off the phone with him, I kept asking him questions about his phone and what was wrong with it. He just kept on asking very personal questions, he wanted to know where i lived, b/c he said he wanted to meet me. And that it would be better if i could fix his phone in person. I told him i cant do that, but i would be happy to help him over the phone, and he proceeded to ask me how can i give him what he wants over the phone? Knowing where he was going I just asked him if he would still like me to help him with his ***p...
(continues)
vzwseniorrep

Nov 27, 2007, 11:03 PM
I don't know if any of you guys encountered this man... about exactly one year ago.. I remember because it was just before Christmas.

He would call in literally NON STOP all day long asking the SAME questions. He would ask how much the LG8300 was, and how to pair a bluetooth. After that, if it was a guy, he would hang up. However, if it was a girl he would ask where he could mail a gift to, and sometimes he got pretty explicit.

I know because he called in so many times, in about a weeks period (before we blocked him from calling anymore), I maybe got 6 or 7 calls from him, which is like, unheard of, especially during the holiday season.

Did any of you VZW reps talk to him? He wasn't that great at speaking english, he may have ...
(continues)
vzwcripplesphones

Nov 28, 2007, 10:26 AM
๐Ÿ˜ณ

How did you know it was me?

๐Ÿคฃ

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.