Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 31 replies

Can I have your 6-10 digit pin number please....

rainbowbrite

Nov 21, 2007, 6:50 PM
Does anyone else get this...!?

Me: Thank you for calling Sprint, my name is Leanne, to better assist you can I have your mobile number with the area code first please?

Cust: xxx-xxx-xxxx

Me: And your first and last name?

Cust: John Smith

Me: And your 6-10 digit pin number please?

Cust: 1234.

Me: No, sorry your 6! - 10! digit pin number..

Cust: OH!! Banana.

Me:...... No, its your SIX to TEN DIGIT pin NUMBER

Cust: Oh well the last four of my social is 6789...

Me: 👿 Ok, no its just the SIX to TEN digit number!!!

Cust: Oh well, I don't know know it but this is why I am calling..... *starts explanation*

Arrr! No we cannot help you if you do not know your pin number! On top of that th...
(continues)
oldbluebox

Nov 21, 2007, 7:12 PM
What I don't understand is why Sprint is even requring the pin numbers.

ATT, Verizon, and T-Mobile don't require any pin.

And what makes it worse is that a customer can't simply call and give their full social, drivers licence number, or any information to bypass this pin.

I'm glad we don't sell Sprint anymore. Garbage company.

Pray Google buys you guys out.
spidermon

Nov 21, 2007, 7:20 PM
yea this is just another reason why SPRINT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WhoDey

Nov 23, 2007, 1:04 AM
Yep, sprint.. following those new FCC guidelines that are going to go into effect next month.. how dare they.

Hey geniuses, read up about the PIN numbers before you just spout off random horseshiat.. your fanboy is showing.
Willwise

Nov 23, 2007, 10:01 AM
Thank you and also there is a security question to by pass the pin but everyone loves to bash sprint but never give a solid reason why. It is the customers fault I can remember by bank pin just fine. It shouldn't be an issue.
M15TER P1NK

Nov 26, 2007, 4:07 PM
i love it when p2k custies are like

c - ok i know all the info on the account but
its not my account can i upgrade my phone?

m - no

c - why not?

m - account holder has to sign new two year and besides which they are the only ones authorized to make changes to the account.

c - i did it last time

m - well the rep was wrong in letting you do so ill be sure not to make the same mistake

c - well thats not fair

oh ok... so... you open an account and ill make a note on it that says any retard that can regurgitate your 10 didgits can make whatever changes they want to your account and furthermore obtain your dl# ss# birthday home phone # and address... sound fair?
3g-g-g-unit

Nov 23, 2007, 6:48 PM
He just questioned your fanhood!!!!!!!
poweredup

Nov 24, 2007, 2:35 PM
yeah, how dare they try to protect the security of accounts from others!! come on guys you all konw how easy it is for little miss 15 yr old to call in acting like mommy and know the last 4 or all of there moms social security and call in to add the internet or unlimited texts, at least this this way if the mom gives her the pin number or security question she is the only one to blame.

p.s. please all of you get off your high horses saying sprint sucks. jump off the bandwagon just cause you heard other ppl say it sucks and you want to be just like them. we have millions, i repeat millions of customers that are very happy with our service and never complain. yeah we do have the ones who dont like us or the service but hey thats why they ha...
(continues)
Jennyboo

Nov 21, 2007, 9:53 PM
Yes but in the case of identity theft wouldn't a person have all that info? They use the pin for security reasons and it's set up so that only the account holder would ever have access to it.

I'm not defending the company granted I do work for them but it's just another security step. Not a big deal.
Hombre07

Nov 22, 2007, 12:48 AM

I would like to get Sprint and set that up as my pin.
WhoDey

Nov 23, 2007, 1:05 AM
...........??
Uh... what?

Ok, you can, and we will.. is that your phone number or your SSN?
PhoneyName

Nov 23, 2007, 7:17 PM
Actually, I think it's F-*-*-*-S-P-R-I-N-T

🤣 🤣 🤣
Hombre07

Nov 24, 2007, 4:36 PM
You're the winner!
rainbowbrite

Nov 23, 2007, 12:34 AM
Actually, just to inform you, its not something Sprint just decided to start up, just like the customers that whine and complain about it, I will explain that it's due to new government ruling.
WhoDey

Nov 23, 2007, 1:08 AM
rainbowbrite said:
On top of that they always claim that they did not set this up themselves. Yet, this new does not officially take effect until Dec. 8, so if they have one now then that means they set it up themselves, we are not going to generate pins until Dec.8

Actually, yes.. somehow they are generated, or at LEAST the field is generated. I tried to pay my own bill at the APC the other day and it asked me for my PIN. Dont have one, never set one up, havent spoken to employee care in like, 6 months. No idea what it would be or where it would have come from, but make sure youre keeping this in mind when people say they never set one up, it may be true.
Willwise

Nov 23, 2007, 10:03 AM
It isn't true if your paying your bill on line it is asking you to setup a pin. Not just randomly generating one that would be illegal
nssguy

Nov 23, 2007, 12:43 PM
you may not actually have one setup, the apc is just setup to require it so it asks...so you need to set one up. the system only generates one if you activate at walsmart, any other activations the store has to choose one. store systems only require a pin, while care requires to setup a question as well. also online requires setup if account is moved to ensemble or already there. its to prevent us from having access to ssi info. everyone has to do it, sooner or later... 😡
WhoDey

Nov 23, 2007, 7:25 PM
We do set up the question in stores, at least in corporate stores, that use RMS.
We can also set security plus, which is for those overparanoid assbags that put a lock code on their SIM card, then forget it, and then proceed to destroy their SIM when they enter it wrong too many times.

So, in short.. No, I dont set up security plus..lol
rainbowbrite

Nov 23, 2007, 1:05 PM
Yeah the APC is setup to ask for one. We are going to start generating ones for custs now that do not have them, but we are sending them out in their bills before Dec. 8 and informing them it goes into effect then and they can change it when they want. Wal-Mart employees are the only ones that I don't think have been properly trained on this. As they just put in any info and do not ask the cust for one.
M15TER P1NK

Nov 26, 2007, 6:51 PM
interestingly enough im still in p2k... and i hope it stays that way...
Imajika

Nov 27, 2007, 5:48 AM
My employee account is still in P2K and my other SWAC accounts are in Ensemble. I hope my employee account stays in P2K as long as possibe!
SprintPony

Nov 23, 2007, 9:49 AM
my fellow sales rep often sets the customers pin as their entire SSN without even telling them they need a pin.

also I do know there is a way to get the pin to the person. I also know there is a way without the security question to get into the account and verify the customer. i've seen it done.

either way all my customers are advised about the pin and given the birthdate suggestion. so mine don't typically have this issue.

good luck
rainbowbrite

Nov 23, 2007, 1:07 PM
Yeah 10x of them are birthdays. That is weird that they set it up as the ssn as the system does not even allow it to be that. But yeah a lot of custs just use a date or 123456
nssguy

Nov 23, 2007, 1:23 PM
it says they cant use ssn, repeating #'s, dob or 123456 and whatnot, but csm doesnt care what you enter as long as its at least 6 digits. and 75% of the ones i encounter are dobs, or should i say the 100% that the cust actually knows.
rainbowbrite

Nov 23, 2007, 1:27 PM
I always figured the dates cust are giving me are not their dob. I have had a cust try to give me their ssn for a pin and it didn't even work.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 23, 2007, 1:25 PM
Ugh, something else for them to forget, then get mad over because they forgot. The only people that ever forget it anyways are people who need something small and minor on the account.
rainbowbrite

Nov 23, 2007, 1:29 PM
It's true. I don't get it though, it's not that hard to remember I think, once you set it up. Like someone else said its like remembering a pin number for your bank card. I know my password for my cell carrier and its a password I only use for that, no where else. And I barely call in.
OfAMightDivine

Nov 23, 2007, 1:43 PM
I know it. But I'm willing to bet that majority of the people that call in and don't remember their pin usually call in 3-5 times per month for something they don't need to call in for.
nssguy

Nov 23, 2007, 2:03 PM
exactly!!! the incompetent ones that form the steryotipical customer... they should be shot
Imajika

Nov 26, 2007, 6:24 AM
I work at a Sprint call center and I feel your pain!

I always get the ones that ask for hints. When I explain that I can't give any hints, they get mad at me. I explain that it's in place for the security of their account and they get mad at me....sheesh.
Kris

Nov 26, 2007, 10:19 PM
I take it you work for a CGN site?
MS_CELLONE_LADY

Nov 27, 2007, 1:42 AM
I love when you ask for their area code and they give you their zip code!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.