Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 26 replies

For those of you in a mall

TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 11:48 AM
Do you guys 'stop' people who are walking past your kiosk and try to sell them? My boss has 'expressed' to me that I need to do this... but I feel soooo stupid and it NEVER works. So.
Do you guys do this? If so, what do you SAY???
pizpiz80

Dec 15, 2004, 12:03 PM
There's rules in my mall. The only thing i can say to people that pass is "hello". If they stop and talk then i can proceed to sell. But i can't try and sell as they walk by. So i can't say "hey would you like a cell phone" or anything to that effect.
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 12:04 PM
You are so lucky.... I feel like such a 'tard asking people to stop and check out what XXXX has to offer... 🙄
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 1:10 PM
only do the cute guyz 😉
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 1:11 PM
LOL.. good point.
pizpiz80

Dec 15, 2004, 1:19 PM
all the girls are stuck up here. It's a college town. and i am engaged. 🤭
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 1:19 PM
i love interacting with people, i just don't like having to sell to make good money, you know....some days i just wouldn't feel like it
kigirl11

Dec 15, 2004, 9:31 PM
I just enjoy people watching. We get a lot of old timers in this mall who stop just to chat. I think that is usually the best part of my day. One time this old man was listening to me tell a story of how I went cliff jumping and he told me the story of taking his wife on a motorcycle jump...anyways by the end of our conversation he reminded me of something really good.

He said, "Don't be afraid to keep taking those big jumps...even in life jumping forward can lead to the best memories and so much happiness. My wife and I have always been crazy but at least we know we enjoyed every second we had. You don't remember days you remember moments."
bdizzle

Dec 16, 2004, 4:13 AM
cheesy
Corpo Rat

Dec 15, 2004, 2:39 PM
ShunAsa said:
only do the cute guyz 😉

And by 'do the cute guys', he means 'drag them into the kiosk and monkey-stomp them'.

How humiliating. I'm glad I don't have to do that. Now I just have to kiss corporation-butt to get them to buy our phones. ☚ī¸
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 3:08 PM
"she" meant say hi and flirt with the cute guyz, and do a nice little Marilyn Monroe dip when you show them the phones so that the big head stops working and they buy phones and accessories for many years to come
Corpo Rat

Dec 15, 2004, 4:04 PM
ShunAsa said:
"she" meant say hi and flirt with the cute guyz, and do a nice little Marilyn Monroe dip when you show them the phones so that the big head stops working and they buy phones and accessories for many years to come

Heh, I am waaaaaay too smooth with the ladies... grrr. 🙄
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 4:39 PM
yeah....."would you like to take a look at the newest bluetooth technlogy?" (.)(.)
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 4:52 PM
ShunAsa said:
(.)(.)

😁 😁 Too funny!
pizpiz80

Dec 15, 2004, 5:05 PM
Man we got some dirty girls today.
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 5:32 PM
😁 😁 😁
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 5:33 PM
**looks around**

WHO???? đŸ¤Ŗ 😉
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 5:40 PM
i'm not looking around đŸ¤Ŗ i'll take the heat
TexasJulie

Dec 15, 2004, 5:41 PM
Whew... better you than me! Dont need any tarnishes on my 'good girl' image. LMFAO... đŸ¤Ŗ
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 6:12 PM
lol...i pinch booties and everything....i'm a dirty old lady 😁
shadedpain4

Dec 16, 2004, 12:16 PM
Blue teeth are dirty in all the wrong ways 😕
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 5:32 PM
😁
GWFOX

Dec 15, 2004, 9:46 PM
1 HOUR 15 MIN TO GO!!!

Then I get to go home and drink my Red Stripe.

"It's beer! Hooray beer!"

I must admit though that is has been kinda busy. Both me and my boss did quite well commission wise today! Loads of accessories. I love selling accessories. They tend not to come back and they make GREAT stocking stuffers.
ali_dawn

Dec 15, 2004, 9:51 PM
beer? beer's just not gonna do it. "it's been a vodka sort of day!" 😕
GWFOX

Dec 15, 2004, 10:03 PM
Dunno Ali.

For ONCE in my entire wireless career.. I have NOT been asked one single stupid customer question.

Even the top 10 all time asked stupid questions haven't come up.

I haven't had a single customer come in OR call about billing issues.

I haven't had a single customer come in OR whine about how "I'm a loyal customer blah blah".

They have all been cool with good plans, good phones AND buying accessories without the usual "Can I get a discount" or "C'mon throw in the accessory for free" lines.

Today... Is a good day. 😁
ShunAsa

Dec 15, 2004, 10:51 PM
congrats 😁
ali_dawn

Dec 15, 2004, 10:15 PM
At least you have customers! It is like... D-E-A-D. I want to just lower the gate and yell sianora just to hear my echo!

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.