Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 24 replies

hate to brag!!!

realtor1

Nov 1, 2007, 8:24 PM
i hate to brag but i just had the ceo of a major trucking company stop by my booth who has nextel currently...he just wanted some info on plans and phones...well we talked for about 45 minutes...out of the blue, he said "i tell you what, i just went out of my contract with nextel and i would like to place an order for 400 units" i damn near shat myself...every unit on an individual plan with ins. and unl text...that just made my year...i think i just hit quota for the next year or so...lol
Steeners

Nov 1, 2007, 8:32 PM
NO WAY! That would be one great paycheck. I am jealous. 😈
Lapdog

Nov 1, 2007, 9:37 PM
looks like you just became his beech...
sckoisks17

Nov 1, 2007, 10:08 PM
😳

Wow... and I thought I had a good day with six phones...
Sprintkitty

Nov 2, 2007, 9:41 AM
There are some things you're allowed to brag about. That's one of 'em. *grins* Congrats.
coziamnumber1

Nov 2, 2007, 10:06 AM
but it could be a fraudulent account and you could get in a sh*t ton of trouble.

plus if it isn't, you phone is going to be ringing 24/7 with every little minor issue that he has.

you will regret it.
realtor1

Nov 2, 2007, 10:15 AM
regret it hell...with a sale like that, they can call me all they want...and it is a legit company because we have a way to check with our company to make sure
Lapdog

Nov 2, 2007, 10:31 AM
https://www.phonescoop.com/forums/forum.php?fm=m&ff= ... »

besides, your commission will be capped by a windfall cap I'm sure...

sucka!

That's why there's B2B...
Guy Montag

Nov 6, 2007, 6:55 PM
I hate B2B. There is no RAE support because B2B is "supposed" to handle these sales. 👿
TMoChic

Nov 2, 2007, 10:33 AM
Lucky You, Business sales snatches anything over 20 from us!
Lapdog

Nov 2, 2007, 10:38 AM
it's a 400 line DONE DEAL...complete...

we'll see how you brag then...
realtor1

Nov 2, 2007, 11:55 AM
it's done you dummy, you think i would brag just because i talked to somebody about some phones...there numbers are in port right now...it's not my fault you struggle to sell 1 phone a day...don't be mad...so it's a DONE DEAL...complete...see how i'm bragging now?? and by the way, you are now my beech...SUCKA
chainsaw

Nov 2, 2007, 1:28 PM
What carrier do you sell?
devilsmafia

Nov 2, 2007, 1:57 PM
So once you get that paycheck, you won't need to work for the rest of the year? How about a round of beers on your for making us all feel like **** today.
kapwww

Nov 2, 2007, 2:44 PM
VZW caps us at 49 lines. Anything higher has to be referred to our account manager and the business team.

Now, here's my beef. Who among us has 400 phones in stock...especially in a "booth"? Were the phones Overnighted? I'm still calling BS on this one. Like it or not. I'm not going to fight about it. I'm just not going to buy it.
BOWDOWN

Nov 2, 2007, 3:27 PM
have you figured out what your commission from the sale will comeo out to?
WhoDey

Nov 6, 2007, 12:02 AM
The trick is to do them in small batches, spread out over the course of a few months. My employer only pays me UP TO 200%, then its capped, so Id make bubkus on like, 300 of them

Id sell him like 50 a month..lol, be good for the year.
Lapdog

Nov 6, 2007, 12:10 AM
He said all 400 are DONE...I find it difficult to believe...lets see, 400 handsets, in a "booth"...porting...I guess the OP hasn't posted since Friday because he's too busy programming handsets...
Lapdog

Nov 6, 2007, 12:12 AM
I also noticed he works for Alltel...now I really find it hard to believe he got a 400 line trucking deal...
realtor1

Nov 6, 2007, 3:10 PM
look...it honestly doesn't matter who believes me and who don't...that is the great thing about the internet, the one typing is really the only one who knows...i never said you have to believe me, that is completely up to you...by the way...i didn't have 400 units at my booth, i had them two dayed to our other store...they all have temp. alltel numbers...yes me and my boss and a couple other associates are manually programming EVERY phone by hand (actually it's done over the air so it is a lot easier)and finally, no my boss did not cap me, why should he? the more i make, the more he makes...maybe that will help some of u better understand...but like i said, if you don't believe me...cool......i still sold 400 phones
Lapdog

Nov 6, 2007, 3:39 PM
bwahahahaahah!!!!
foxiangel5

Nov 6, 2007, 3:26 PM
thats amazing. you will be stuck with this guy for 2 years calling you about everything so be ready. and dont expect to able to take care of other customers until he is happy b/c you really are his b*tch. but like you said, who cares. you just made enough money that you can sit on your a$$ for the rest of the quarter!
realtor1

Nov 6, 2007, 3:30 PM
thanks....kinda first half is the way you see it, second half is the way i see it...i would much rather handle problems from someone who just made me thousands of dollars than someone who didn't even get their phone from my store...so good point
foxiangel5

Nov 6, 2007, 3:32 PM
i feel ya dude.....did you talk to your boss about pay out tho. i never thought about capping but i think they are right. you should check so you dont get screwed.
realtor1

Nov 6, 2007, 3:35 PM
yea, i made sure of that...he told me he wasn't greedy enough to cap me, i made the sale, i should make the money...like i said, the more i make, the more he makes...so its good for all of us in the long run

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.