Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 22 replies

Flirtin' it up

KioskLife

Sep 30, 2007, 6:15 PM
Now I'm sure more of you learned at some point that selling was a game of "seduction" between the employee and the customer but how many of you actually use it to make your sales? Have you ever turned the flirting factor up to get a sale? I'm not talking about asking someone out or anything (although, kudos to you!) but a little flirting usually doesn't hurt your sale.

I had this kid (22, in case someone was wondering) come in this afternoon and I started chatting him up and then my manager showed him a free phone (Dumb dumb...) and I was definitely working on the guy to get a more expensive phone, and the extended waranty.

Its all part of the game, right? Plus its a lot more fun that way.

So, who does that? I'm sure I'm not the o...
(continues)
krickt

Oct 1, 2007, 10:12 AM
41 yo old mother of 2, my husband and my father are both business partners here. I don't think either of them would understand flirting to get a sale, and I'm pretty sure I've outlived my shelf life on flirting in that way.
amandajade

Oct 1, 2007, 10:33 AM
lol. i agreee wit u. im 21 an im a big flirt is it helps me wit mu commision im all over thar.. ๐Ÿ™‚
Leishbl

Oct 1, 2007, 12:54 PM
๐Ÿคญ I'd say a *smidgen* of flirt but really its just having an enjoyable conversation with whomever I speak with regardless-besides I have WAY too much energy not to be ๐Ÿ˜Ž
nuckingfuts

Oct 1, 2007, 12:35 PM
41 isnt old, I have seen a lot of attractive women in their 40's.....
krickt

Oct 1, 2007, 1:49 PM
I'm just not one of them..... Sorry โ˜น๏ธ
nuckingfuts

Oct 1, 2007, 1:55 PM
doesnt mean you cant flirt a little
BigShowJB

Oct 1, 2007, 1:51 PM
krickt said:
cougar.
krickt

Oct 1, 2007, 2:53 PM
Ummm... no, I don't think so. I'm married, for heaven's sake.
BigShowJB

Oct 1, 2007, 4:42 PM
yes i know ... you said that earlier. That is part of being a cougar queen (GroWLL!!)
krickt

Oct 1, 2007, 4:46 PM
Geez... You guys just have hyperactive imaginations.....
Sprintkitty

Oct 1, 2007, 9:50 PM
So the difference between a cougar and a cougar queen is marital status? *grins* What's the age limit on cougarness anyway? (cougarosity? cougaritude?)
BigShowJB

Oct 2, 2007, 9:25 AM
marital status and flirting success or frequency.... krickt is one just because i like her... i dont know her success or frequency too well

yet

๐Ÿ˜› ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
angievzw

Oct 1, 2007, 9:44 PM
I do it all the time...its not always on purpose but it does help. I wont even lie! In my market there are over 25 people...3 females! You do what you have to!
Sprintkitty

Oct 1, 2007, 9:52 PM
I never intend to flirt with customers, but I think attention and eye contact tend to be misconstrued on occasion as flirting.

Well, that and I tend to get more inquiries about phones if I'm wearing a v-neck than if I'm wearing something high-necked... ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
d3ity

Oct 2, 2007, 9:23 AM
I usually don't hit on customers... but...

Occasionally when I call customer service/coos for a customer I'll hit on the girl there and maybe score them an upgrade a month early or something if they need it. It's always amusing.
BigShowJB

Oct 2, 2007, 11:23 AM
there's one girl nikki at T-mo CC that sounds absolutely hot hot hot hot hot hot hot!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ ๐Ÿ˜ˆ
d3ity

Oct 2, 2007, 1:28 PM
I've been trying to get her number since I had t-mobile. She sounds dead sexy.
miss_mistress

Oct 2, 2007, 9:23 PM
different for me being in a call center and all, i don't get commision, and personally i think it's pathetic when mr. customer in maine tells me he'll have to drop by and see me when he comes to SC. . . ๐Ÿคจ
miss_mistress

Feb 14, 2013, 3:20 PM
hi
hobble

Feb 14, 2013, 8:01 PM
Did you just necro post and say hi to yourself?
.I_I.

Feb 18, 2013, 4:19 PM
๐Ÿคฃ sometimes you gotta show yourself a little รขโ„ขยฅ.
Gossamer

Feb 26, 2013, 3:35 PM

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.