Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 30 replies

just got asked about the FREAKIN RAZOR again

tequilasundae

Nov 26, 2004, 7:55 PM
lord!! every ad for that phone says "exclusivly from Cingular Wireless"..yet about 5 yahoos today came in asking about it... 👿
Corpo Rat

Nov 27, 2004, 11:02 AM
tequilasundae said:
lord!! every ad for that phone says "exclusivly from Cingular Wireless"..yet about 5 yahoos today came in asking about it... 👿

I've been getting them too. Sod them, the whole lot of them.
TexasJulie

Nov 27, 2004, 11:21 AM
I get it too.. atleast once a day
GWFOX

Nov 29, 2004, 10:06 AM
I've been open all of 2 minutes. I just had a customer come in and ask me "How much is the RAZR for Verizon cause Cingular has it and its expensive."

Told the customer that it is a Cingular exclusive phone and the customer started to argue that he saw commercials for the RAZR and that Verizon had it. (how the flying frell do you miss the orange cingy guy??)

Oh Goddess it is going to be one of those days....
Corpo Rat

Nov 29, 2004, 11:25 AM
GWFOX said:
I've been open all of 2 minutes. I just had a customer come in and ask me "How much is the RAZR for Verizon cause Cingular has it and its expensive."

Told the customer that it is a Cingular exclusive phone and the customer started to argue that he saw commercials for the RAZR and that Verizon had it. (how the flying frell do you miss the orange cingy guy??)

Oh Goddess it is going to be one of those days....

Never underestimate the American public's intelligence. Individual people = fairly bright, 'people' as a whole = dumb as rocks. This concludes your first lesson on "Retail During The Holidays".
GWFOX

Nov 29, 2004, 12:28 PM
You would think that I would have seen it all. Been doing retail since I was 15 (27 now) and wireless for the last 6 years.

Customer just had an arguement with me because they obviously soaked their phone with liquid. Looks like dish soap. There were bubbles under the faceplate and discolored the lcd screen. (turned it blue)

The customer was claiming that "The phone is under a manu warranty. It doesn't work so it is a manu defect."

Can I beat my head on the desk now?
Corpo Rat

Nov 29, 2004, 1:34 PM
GWFOX said:
You would think that I would have seen it all. Been doing retail since I was 15 (27 now) and wireless for the last 6 years.

Customer just had an arguement with me because they obviously soaked their phone with liquid. Looks like dish soap. There were bubbles under the faceplate and discolored the lcd screen. (turned it blue)

The customer was claiming that "The phone is under a manu warranty. It doesn't work so it is a manu defect."

Can I beat my head on the desk now?

You'd do better to beat the customer's head on the desk. I do my best to educate customers on what is covered and what's not, but they still manage to hear only what they want to hear. That, and they obviously think that ins...
(continues)
Nos4a2

Dec 3, 2004, 7:27 PM
I know the feeling, Fox... tequila and I got to deal with one of those types a few months ago...

"The salesman didn't TELL me water damage wasn't covered by the warranty, so it's your fault! I want my new phone! Give me my new phone!"

"Sir, if your stereo got wet, you wouldn't take it back to the store and expect them to replace it, would you?"

-obviously irrational and yelling- "Why you gotta go and make stupid jokes about that? What's that gotta do with my phone? I'm not leaving until I get a motherf**kin' new phone!!"

"I'd be happy to order you a pre-owned phone as a replacement from our warehouse, and it would only cost you $70. Considering retail price on this phone is almost $200, that's a good deal, and it's the very...
(continues)
ShunAsa

Dec 3, 2004, 8:00 PM
banality/sundry?.....good words
GWFOX

Dec 4, 2004, 3:50 PM
Yes my faith in humanity has been shaken for years.

Even more so when I started in wireless. I don't know who posted it but I agree with them. "A single human is pretty intelligent, but humanity as a whole are dumb as rocks".

You guys did right about that customer. You kept your tempers (more or less) and offered a really CHEAP solution. I mean come on, a replacement phone for $70 when you cannot upgrade?? That's huge especially when you have no insurance.

Ever run into this? You are selling a wireless handset and plan. The customer is either a new or an upgrade customer. The customer is all set, has the cash in hand... And the girlfriend/wife/husband/boyfriend/significant other says "Well you should think about it" and completely S...
(continues)
CainMarko

Dec 4, 2004, 4:16 PM
Tell them...

"Look this is the holidays, and if this phone sells out or the rate plans change then you may not get what you want".... if they still don't bite then tell them about the "no hassel" return policy. If they STILL don't bite... get the bat. 😉
Nos4a2

Dec 7, 2004, 12:11 PM
A trick I usually go for when the spouse/fiance/sig.other/"expert" (gotta love those types... the ones who think they're qualified to do this job because they read a magazine or two) is to sell to them, or at least get them in agreement with me... CLOSED-ENDED questions are great for this.

"Right now we're offering 1000 anytime minutes with free incoming calls for only $40 / month... that's a pretty good deal, ISN'T THAT RIGHT, SIR/MA'AM/BUDDY/PAL/etc.?" (closed-ended question)

-spouse/fiance/sig.other/"expert" will agree 80%+ of the time... because you've led them to agree with you.-

It's all in the presentation. If the "other" is a nimrod, that'll become pretty evident as you lead them both to agreement, and as the "other" balks,...
(continues)
tyrjohn

Nov 29, 2004, 4:59 PM
For all the store rep that may read this please keep in mind to tell your customers that they can not put insurance on this phone it is not insurable. Let them know if they are going to pay that kind of money for that phone to please be careful with it because if it has to be replaced then it is all out of pocket
Corpo Rat

Nov 29, 2004, 6:09 PM
tyrjohn said:
For all the store rep that may read this please keep in mind to tell your customers that they can not put insurance on this phone it is not insurable. Let them know if they are going to pay that kind of money for that phone to please be careful with it because if it has to be replaced then it is all out of pocket

Oh, that's awesome. You know every dumb **** that HAS to have that phone is going to ruin it. Wonder why it is uninsurable?
shadedpain4

Nov 29, 2004, 6:14 PM
Im just trying to imagine the number of people who will get this phone for Christmas, get drunk at at new year's party and lose/get the phone stolen.

Good luck to all you cingular store reps jan 2-5 🙄

How much do i have to pay to replace my cool phone? 😲
tyrjohn

Nov 29, 2004, 6:17 PM
Yeah and I' ll have to hear why do i have insurance.

And what I'll want to say is fool i can't read your mind, Why do you have insurance.
TexasJulie

Nov 29, 2004, 6:21 PM
😕 OMG. SO glad Im not working for Cingular. Not that T-Mobile doesnt have more than its fair sure of nut jobs... but, yeah. I can only imagine what the begining of January will be like. **groan**
Julie
Corpo Rat

Nov 29, 2004, 6:39 PM
TexasJulie said:
😕 OMG. SO glad Im not working for Cingular. Not that T-Mobile doesnt have more than its fair sure of nut jobs... but, yeah. I can only imagine what the begining of January will be like. **groan**
Julie

We have the same morons at Verizon too. I've always said that some people shouldn't own anything more complicated than a toaster. You can tell these people because they have the most complicated phone they could find & have no idea how to use any of the features because they were too stupid to RTFM. Oops, this is turning into a rant 😁
ShunAsa

Nov 30, 2004, 8:00 PM
ty, r u w/ an insurance company?
tyrjohn

Nov 30, 2004, 8:08 PM
Yes
ShunAsa

Nov 30, 2004, 8:13 PM
which one?
tyrjohn

Nov 30, 2004, 9:09 PM
lockline
ShunAsa

Dec 2, 2004, 1:54 PM
ASURION
tyrjohn

Dec 2, 2004, 2:26 PM
Ahh the competition
ShunAsa

Dec 2, 2004, 2:30 PM
😁
tyrjohn

Dec 2, 2004, 2:38 PM
Hows your day going shun?
ShunAsa

Dec 2, 2004, 3:08 PM
i'm catching a friggin' cold....i never get sick! this pisses me off....i get colds like once every other year! i know it's this filthy call center i'm in 🤭 😡
tyrjohn

Dec 2, 2004, 3:17 PM
tell them to get off their lazy butts and clean it up. See that why you should work for lock line our call center is always clean 🙂
ShunAsa

Dec 2, 2004, 4:33 PM
lol....
shortbus

Dec 7, 2004, 11:11 PM
Yep, I've got friends asking me about it as well. Gorgeous phone... Too bad it's GSM only... I'd love to see a CDMA version come out for Verizon!
dsmith5237

Dec 20, 2004, 12:50 AM
I sell for Sprint(corporate store). While I was selling a Treo 650 on a customer's Sprint account, he asked me to port over his TMobile # to the Treo. I saw he had a Razor in his other hand, and remembered he had said he had a Sprint phone, a Cingular phone, and a Tmobile phone. Sprint reps don't get a lot of opportunity to see Razors up close so I asked if that was his Cingular phone. He said it actually was his TMobile phone, that he had bought one that was unlocked and used it with Tmobile. Go figure. Guy has a $500 phone that he isn't going to use any more and is buying a new $600 treo 650. I sure wish I had that kind of money. If I had more customers like him I probably would. 🙂

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.