Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 18 replies

question

donkey_kong86

Sep 11, 2007, 4:14 PM
if i but a sprint mogul on ebay is it possible to have it set up as a second line or would i have to buy the phone from the store or sprint.com
sckoisks17

Sep 11, 2007, 5:14 PM
You can set it up on a second line by going to any Sprint store and asking to add a new line to your account. If you're on an individual plan, you'll have to either switch to a family plan to share minutes or set up a second individual plan for the Mogul.
donkey_kong86

Sep 11, 2007, 5:30 PM
cool cuz thats what i was trying to set up a second line so i can start up fam. plan w/ my brother and i was gonna give him m1
Nikoletta

Sep 11, 2007, 7:28 PM
Be careful about buying stuff, especially phones, on ebay, if it was reported stolen you are SOL . . . they will not / can not activate it on any line... otherwise I'm sure the store will be THRILLED to have you provide your own equipment since that's more money for them (not having to give you a phone.)
CestLaVie

Sep 12, 2007, 1:24 AM
That's why I always tell customers just get the ESN from the person selling it (if they aren't willing to give it thats a BIG sign they're up to something) and call Sprint CC, or go into the store, and they can tell you if the phone was reported lost/stolen.
donkey_kong86

Sep 12, 2007, 9:52 AM
i didn't know i could call CC to find out if a phone is stolen that's good to know
d3ity

Sep 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
Definatley. your credit department should be able to tell you the history of a phone down to the original purchase date... they won't give up what account's it's been on unless you know all the info for each account... but it's possible to track your ebay phone down...
Lapdog

Sep 12, 2007, 7:49 AM
start a new line of service with the "free" phone, then swap the equipment to the phone you want to use...that way you'll have a backup handset in case one of your current ones goes bad...
AttAgentX

Sep 12, 2007, 8:36 AM
Lapdog I think your my new best friend!

Saves a call to warranty :p

untill that one malfunctions of course then we get to process 2 exchanges 👿
brandunn

Sep 12, 2007, 9:18 AM
DON'T DO THAT!!!!!!!
with sprint that is esn fraud. if you get a free/discounted phone with us it has to stay on the line it's associated with for 30 days.
brandunn

Sep 12, 2007, 9:20 AM
if yopu buy from ebay not only do you need to make sure the esn is not lost/ stolen you also need to make sure the account it's associated with is not hotlined/closed...we can't activate those either, AND make surte the rep you talk to checks the esn in both systems!
brandunn

Sep 12, 2007, 9:32 AM
*clarify, by closed i meant for non payment.
sorry for all the spelling mistakes i was typing too quickly.
donkey_kong86

Sep 12, 2007, 10:13 AM
gotcha. 😁
BigShowJB

Sep 12, 2007, 12:27 PM
and use paypal!!!! it's easier to get your money back if it is a stolen/closed unusable item. get an email from the seller that says it's a clear and usable ESN too.
brandunn

Sep 12, 2007, 12:28 PM
😁 great advice
BigShowJB

Sep 12, 2007, 12:33 PM
i hada customer got burned on ebay like that ... they bought a BB7250 and sent a money order 😢
brandunn

Sep 12, 2007, 12:36 PM
ewwwww, bum deal
Willwise

Sep 12, 2007, 12:39 PM
you can but why not take advantage of a free phone as a spare. They can switch you right back to the mogul but go ahead and take advantage of the rebates.
brandunn

Sep 12, 2007, 12:41 PM
no they can't....sprint requires you to leave your phone that you recieved at a discount associated to the same mdn for 30 days. other wisze customer is charged back the retail price on bill.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.