Home  ›  Forums  ›

Shop Talk

all discussions

show all 9 replies

"forward this on"

ajstrong

Sep 5, 2007, 6:41 PM
guy comes into the store with a nokia 6015, coat-hanger antenna, and a tale of woe...he's on PREPAID service, has been for TEN YEARS or so, and recently PORTED HIS HOME NUMBER TO A PREPAID PHONE. and he has a home business, if I lose a call, I lose $$, we've heard it before. Can we say horrid credit? so, he starts dropping calls, and is upset, tells me that he will keep us for another month, but then if we don't treat him WELL ENOUGH he'll leave for someone else. I was wiping smiles off my face the entire time. he's on the inpulse plan.

I lied to him, telling him that I would forward on up the chain his concerns. 🤣

call me a horrid salesperson, but a refill doesn't give me crap, and him b!tching about his 4 dropped calls ...
(continues)
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 6, 2007, 11:06 AM
🤣 🤣 🤣

okay i feel sorry for him now 👀

🤣 🤣
Willwise

Sep 6, 2007, 11:43 AM
now I understand that the customer is obviously stupid but did you point out that if he was loosing so much money it might be worth the investment to chip out 40 big ones or so for a new prepaid phone.
ajstrong

Sep 6, 2007, 2:27 PM
nah, didn't attempt to be "the man" and try to stick it to him with over-priced merchandise. he's way too smart for that.
t-monator2

Sep 6, 2007, 1:12 PM
When i get a customer that has a broken phone and complains that it is for business and they are losing thousands of dollars a day, i always suggest that they buy a second phone at retail value as a backup.

They just look at me like i'm retarded for suggesting they spend $200 to save thousands.
jestcuzzgrl

Sep 6, 2007, 1:40 PM
I have said that here a while back..

cust "I am losing $1000 a day every day I don't have my phone"

Me: Well sir maybe you could get a temp phone"

Cust: and why would i do that when I have the insurance?

Me: well sir 1000 a day is a lot of money I am just saying...

cust: JUST SEND ME MY PHONE!

grrrrr.. I had to open my mouth on that one..
Mr. Pickman

Sep 6, 2007, 9:06 PM
AJ, do you work for an indirect?
Cellfoneslinger

Sep 6, 2007, 9:20 PM
I hate when people think that their needs should be know to the people high up in the company. They lady wanted me to tel our accessory manufacture that they should make a certain kind of case for her old phone. Yeah b**tch Ill get right on that, expect it in the store next week.
krickt

Sep 7, 2007, 10:17 AM
lol, my favorite is when they get the phones somewhere else (read, another town at least a hour away)from another carrier and then expect you to carry aftermarket things for their recently released phone.

Two days after that stupid BlackJack came out, I had a visitant call corporate RadioShack because I didn't have a carrying case for his stupid phone. When RadioShack called me about my being rude to this customer (I wasn't rude, I just told him we didn't carry either the BlackJack or anything that would work for it, he's the one that cursed at me and stomped out of the store) I laughed in her ear and explained that not only did we not sell the carrier, or any other phone similar,but also since it was a new phone, the only place to get ...
(continues)
d3ity

Sep 7, 2007, 9:06 AM
Dude if we forwarded every customer complaint to management... well... management wouldn't care anyway. Wasting time writing an email to escalate a prepaid coverage issue when the customer is obviously an idiot is just that... a waste of time.

You must log in to reply.

Please log in to report a message to the moderator.

all discussions

Subscribe to Phone Scoop News with RSS Follow @phonescoop on Threads Follow @phonescoop on Mastodon Phone Scoop on Facebook Follow on Instagram

Playwire

All content Copyright 2001-2024 Phone Factor, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Content on this site may not be copied or republished without formal permission.